Modding Q&A [For Quick Questions and Answers]

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks!  Does anyone know why end_try was changed?  Also, does anyone see anything wrong with this conditional?

("sail_from_port",[(party_slot_eq,"$current_town",slot_party_type, spt_town),
(store_troop_gold, ":gold_check", "trp_player"),
(eq, ":gold_check", 2000),],

It compiles but it doesn't work. 

Bolkonsky...I'm assuming that is the conditions block of a menu option, not a script, right? (Then dunde's cf_ bit doesn't matter)
But my guess is the problem is your player doesn't have exactly 2000 gold...your check is "eq" not "ge".

Caba`drin said:
Bolkonsky...I'm assuming that is the conditions block of a menu option, not a script, right? (Then dunde's cf_ bit doesn't matter)
But my guess is the problem is your player doesn't have exactly 2000 gold...your check is "eq" not "ge".

:oops:  Yeah, I realized this a half hour later while I was brushing my teeth.  I'm such an idiot sometimes, sorry guys. 

Maybe the question is better put here.
How can i spawn bots when a player (in Multiplayer) reaches a specified place in the map? And is it possible to let these bots stay at their place and defend that place? And are chests in Multiplayer possible?

I think you need to measure the distance between positions. A sceneprob could help to have an object to refer to. If a player is close enough spawn in the creature or whatever. And then again do distance checks from time to time to see the creature doesn't move too far. If it does do a set_scripted_destination to make it move back.

Although you need to be aware that a bot commanded back that way is an easy target once a player figured that he just needs to keep a certain distance...

i get this error after 10-20 sec. of editing
untitled.jpg

any solution for fix?

GetAssista said:
GetAssista said:
I have a problem with animating scabbards / quivers / bows.
Appears to be a bug in latest OpenBrf. When I assemble same animated set in BRFEdit exclusively (w/o any usage of OpenBrf at any stage), it works.

Note to self: iron_shader_skin in 1.011 screws vertex animations. Use iron_shader (should be used for items anyway)
OpenBrf is fine and great.

Concerning DeathCams and Battle Continuation:
Is there a certain time window within which the engine will accept team_give_orders for the player's team once the player has been knocked out, and after which orders are not valid?

From what I've noticed, if there is any delay between the (main_hero_fallen) condition becoming true and the scripted giving of orders, the player's team members ignore the orders completely.

Have others noticed this...or am I doing something wrong?

Somebody said:
Something like this would probably do. It's from the starting quest - just you and the merchant NPC.
Code:
        (modify_visitors_at_site, ":town_room_scene"),
        (reset_visitors),
        (set_visitor, 0, "trp_player"),
        (set_visitor, 9, "$troop_of_merchant"),
        (assign, "$talk_context", tc_merchants_house),
        (set_jump_mission, "mt_meeting_merchant"),
        (jump_to_scene, ":town_room_scene"),
        (change_screen_mission),
      ]),
But if the scene is a simple static encounter, then that method should work as long as you don't use (reset_visitors) or (modify_visitors_at_site) before jumping to the scene. I'd assume that defining the scene and entry point in module_troops is the same as calling (add_troop_to_site), as opposed to (set_visitor), but you'll have to see for yourself.

Sorry for the double post.

Code:
      [
        (modify_visitors_at_site, "scn_town_3_store"),
        (reset_visitors),
        (set_visitor, 0, "trp_player"),
        (set_visitor, 9, "trp_npc3"),

(assign, "$talk_context", tc_merchants_house),

(change_screen_mission),
       ]),
    ]
  ), 

Would this be correct?

You need to add some form of this: (set_jump_mission, "mt_meeting_merchant"), so that the game knows what mission to jump to. Also, you need to use this (jump_to_scene, "scn_town_3_store") to tell which scene you are going to enter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom