Modding Q&A [For Quick Questions and Answers]

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any possibility to make a weapon you can not attack with, that has an area effect (Banner improving stats of friends around you, e.g.) Reducing Speed, range, damage to zero seems to trigger a bug: Hitting enemies with it is instant kill, hitting friends makes them invincible...

Patta said:
Any possibility to make a weapon you can not attack with, that has an area effect (Banner improving stats of friends around you, e.g.) Reducing Speed, range, damage to zero seems to trigger a bug: Hitting enemies with it is instant kill, hitting friends makes them invincible...
Why do you need a weapon? Make it a shield

I think you can give the weapon only blocking animations (itcf) in module_items.py.

I am trying to rotate a position around another position. (demonstrated by my ugly photo :razz:)

4989378.bmp

Is it possible to do it without using trigonometry?

Something like

position_copy_origin, pos0, pos2
position_copy_origin, pos2, pos1
position_rotate_x, pos2, 20
position_copy_origin, pos2, pos0

But it seems like the "origin" of the position isn't my interpretation of origin (like the origin on a 2d coordinate graph) and it doesnt work.

Is there anyway to make position2 rotate around position1?

Thanks!

Try this :
Code:
(position_transform_position_to_local, pos3, pos1, pos2),
(position_rotate_z, pos1, ":angle"),
(position_transform_position_to_parent, pos4, pos1, pos3),

pos4 is the final position

(position_transform_position_to_local, pos1, pos2, pos3),
pos1 will be relative position of pos3 from pos2
You can see how the operation work on my code to determine body part hit from ti_on_agent_hit.

(position_transform_position_to_parent, pos1, pos2, pos3),
where pos3 is relative position from pos2, then pos1 will be the absolute position of same point.

dunde said:
(position_transform_position_to_local, pos1, pos2, pos3),
pos1 will be relative position of pos3 from pos2
You can see how the operation work on my code to determine body part hit from ti_on_agent_hit.

(position_transform_position_to_parent, pos1, pos2, pos3),
where pos3 is relative position from pos2, then pos1 will be the absolute position of same point.
I still would like an understandable explaination. I have yet to get either to work.

Ok, let North as Y axis, and East is X axis. The corner of the room will be the reference.
You are now on 2 meters to east and 3 meters to north from corner. Heading to east (rotated 90 degree from absolute axis).
You are pos2 on (2,3). Let me be on your right side, 1 meter from you.
So I am pos 3 on (1, 0) from you (local position)
My absolute position will be (position_transform_position_to_parent, pos1, pos2, pos3),
pos1 is (2,2). I am 2 meters to east and 2 meters to north from the corner.

sorry for multiple edit.

i have this code:
  (
    "skelett", 0,
    "skeleton_cut", "skeleton_calf_L", "skeleton_hand_L",
    "skull", undead_face_keys,
    [],
    [],
    [],
    [],
    [("skull",0xffffffff,[]),
    ], #undead_face_textures
    [], #voice sounds
    "skel_human", 1.0,
  ),

and every time i see a bot with this "race", the game crashes without any messge (just "warband doesnt work") What is wrong? (btw, "Skull" is the texture for the head mesh, that is also named skull) I got the same problem with a zombie race.

Is it realy possible to move player party from the main map after loading a game straight into the scene or menu?

Tried the teleportation method with an item being held as a trigger and it doesnt work. Thought it might be, that I make a blob in an item assignment Not sure here. Didn't try a party relocation method. Might it work, or any other at all?

edit:
Might the spawn agent trigger work here? In the way let's say menu might pop up whenever the aegnt is spawned? The menu would be fine here in fact, but it doesn't matter that much. Is it possible to create those menu-agent spawns every time player appears on the map?

There is no specific trigger that fires after loading a savegame. However, if you save while in a town, you should jump directly to the town menu after reloading - this might be due to the $auto_menu variable or some other variable that is set and checked every frame.

Patta said:
and every time i see a bot with this "race", the game crashes without any messge (just "warband doesnt work") What is wrong? (btw, "Skull" is the texture for the head mesh, that is also named skull) I got the same problem with a zombie race.
Replace all race objects with those from working race, then return back skelett ones one by one and look when crash comes back

I can't remind poping-up menus after saving the game in any scene.  This $auto_menu pops-up while on the map, or so I can read form the game_menus file. Am really stucked.

edit:
Solved. Just as Somebody has said, menu pops-up automatically after saving in the scene. Sorry for the dismay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom