Modding Q&A [For Quick Questions and Answers]

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
i think the best thing what can be on next release if there comes new body meshes (at this time it is critic thing )

how this must be done in mine option

(1) if the body must be divided in many parts as it is now
(a) first what we need we need make a single body (with head body foots and arms)
(b)then add him high resolution texture including face and so on
(c) then it is time for rigging
(d) when we have rigging we can cut off our body as we want to (cause then in cutting places the rigging always stay same)
(e) then if we want we can cut that high resolution texture (for example body and head)
(f) and if we do so then it is time for reUVmap
2) it will be good if any body wear can be rigged including weapons

Need lots of help.  Still have the bug with no garrisions in new castles and my quick battle troops are replaced with zendar chest - temp array.  How do I fix this?

Do the new castles belong to a faction?
If so, is that faction complete in all other areas?

Do the ID_troops.py match the module_troops.py?
If not, you might need to recompile, or add the new troops manually if that doesn't work.

Guesswork, but at least it's something to try before the more experienced modders respond.

I am sure I have read before that the shield bug is fixed in warband.

Does anyone know about quests?

I have made my first quest, everything has gone fine and the quest giver appears and leaves at the right moments, all the correct dialogue comes up at the right moments. The quest succeeds and the player gets rewarded properly. The only minor problem I have is that whilst the quest activates and succeeds properly, it doesn't appear in the "Quests" log when it is active like other quests.

(setup_quest_text,"qst_smitten_guivarche"),(start_quest,"qst_smitten_guivarche"), (quest_set_slot,"qst_smitten_guivarche",slot_quest_current_state, 0)

That is the command I have when the player accepts the quest, is there anything else I need to do to get it to show up in the quests log? I thought the text thing would cover it.

Cheers somebody, I see what you mean now after looking at the start quest script. I didn't realise that I needed to do all that, it is strange that the quest works so well without it. Knowing me I will mess it all up trying to add the script stuff in  :lol: It hardly seems worth it for a bit of text.

Do the new castles belong to a faction?
If so, is that faction complete in all other areas?

Do the ID_troops.py match the module_troops.py?
If not, you might need to recompile, or add the new troops manually if that doesn't work.

Guesswork, but at least it's something to try before the more experienced modders respond.

First things I did.  No new castles anyways...yet.  The factions are otherwise complete.

A few related questions:

Firstly, is it possible to get bots to release their ranged weapons before the weapon is aimed 100%? So they could, say, button mash? Even better would be if they do this at certain ranges where high accuracy isn't that important, or when a lot of enemies are clustered together.

Secondly, I'd like to remove the floating shields above people's heads, to encourage stealth. Assuming I'd do this, is it possible to make one side's armour use a different colour scheme when both sides are the same faction?

As to the first question, you can probably force play the animation, but you won't get the projectile being fired. You can probably do some stuff like increase proficiency or whatever to get them firing faster.
A trigger in mission_templates calls script_troop_agent_set_banner, setting the overhead banner.
Use heraldics to distinguish between teams (you could use the above operation).

If I have a model that is: verticies: 1042 and the faces are 2052... what would be a good count for the LODs.

LOD_1: ?

LOD_2: ?

LOD_3: ?

I am just trying to get a ballpark figure to shoot for.  I did not see it posted anywhere on what counts are optimal for each LOD. Thanks in advance.

Hi all,i've a question about animations.

I do kneeling animation,and i want to add it multiplayer game mode.  For  example, when i press key "z" to active animation and player stand on knees and wait. And again i press "z" to deactivate animation,player stand up and waiting with normal stand animation.

How can i do it?

SPQR said:
If I have a model that is: verticies: 1042 and the faces are 2052... what would be a good count for the LODs.

LOD_1: ?

LOD_2: ?

LOD_3: ?

I am just trying to get a ballpark figure to shoot for.  I did not see it posted anywhere on what counts are optimal for each LOD. Thanks in advance.

It really depends on the model or personal preference, but I generally go for half or less tris on lod1. What you actually want is for the model to actually be recognizable from the lod distance for LOD1, and then just try and go down evenly until lod 4 is at 200-10 polys (depending on how complex the model is).

<knight> said:
Hi all,i've a question about animations.

I do kneeling animation,and i want to add it multiplayer game mode.  For  example, when i press key "z" to active animation and player stand on knees and wait. And again i press "z" to deactivate animation,player stand up and waiting with normal stand animation.

How can i do it?

You'd have to add a thing in module_mission_templates that checks if z is pressed and sets the player animation. I think there's some new operations: agent_set_stand_animation and agent_set_walk_animation. I'm not sure how they work, but send word back if you figure it out.

Sort of unrelated: Is there any talk of allowing custom skins for multiplayer?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom