Modding Q&A [For Quick Questions and Answers]

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Temae, as farr as i know, when it reads "traceback" that means nothing bad, only things which you have modified before building your module.

If you run again build_module.bat, that traceback entry will appear no more.

Is there a way to change how much faction relation you have with a given faction during a game already in progress?
or
Can you change the faction relation you reset to when you first sign up with a realm?

when i add a new resource brf (copy of native) , what i have to do to make the computer indentify it? i have to copy the native ones too?

and where, in what line?

Alexandru_cel_Mare said:
Temae, as farr as i know, when it reads "traceback" that means nothing bad, only things which you have modified before building your module.

If you run again build_module.bat, that traceback entry will appear no more.

But it does appear again! and it doesnt create a new itemkinds! :sad:

I am not sure if this is where im supposed to ask this or not but I would like to submit it here anyway..

Question: is it possible to edit scripts to create/build an instant defensive palisade fort?

I would imagine it to working similar to the camp & wait here for some time option
from the main menu when you see a small tent camp show up on the map
but rather then the camp icon you see a small temporary wooden palisade.

its useful purpose ofcourse being either reasons:
1) a small defensive stratagy to help the battle advantage (odds) in your favor
2) helps your outcome if an enemy warparty is chasing you that you cant outrun or avoid.

so lets pretend a warparty is chasing you and with one click under the camp menu option you see
(Build A Fort) and so now we see a tiny wooden palisade which the enemy engages thus throws
you into a simple small wooden castle with moat style defensive battle scene.
(great for your archers volley fire defense if you have any).

It would also be nice to imagine other lords using this as a chance percentage tactical option as well
a nice change from just simply seeing lords cowardly running away all the time because they are in
smaller number or troop strength.

similarly (optional)

If you have an engineer skill level high enough & also enough required resources of purchased stone & wood
the option to turn your temporary palisade into a permanent castle in 3 stages from the ground up is now possible.

features:

*Can be built anywhere on the map
*Only 1 castle can be built permanently.
* The fully upgraded castle is named after players name & can now be given away,
  or beseiged & taken away by other factions.
* Wherever you decide to build it on the map spoils relations with neighboring lords or
the closest faction/claimant because they see it as their land that you built it on.

feel free to add/suggest changes
I would love to add this in as a feature and willing to give the one who creates it a copy
of the mods current stage of what I have so far :wink:  but be warned it's close to 800 megs lol

regards

My signature (Outposts Kit by me, WIP) or Tempered's Camp Entrenchment kit/Ranger Company mod.

The Outposts kit allows you to constuct two Outposts anywhere on the map, make patrols, etc., but it's definitely not finished.
Tempered's kit adds extra defenses if you are attacked while camping.

Which reminds me, I need to finish my version of that, which might be more of what you're looking for.

And to help me finish it, does anyone know of some sort of trigger/script that will change a party icon?

Lumos said:
My signature (Outposts Kit by me, WIP) or Tempered's Camp Entrenchment kit/Ranger Company mod.

The Outposts kit allows you to constuct two Outposts anywhere on the map, make patrols, etc., but it's definitely not finished.
Tempered's kit adds extra defenses if you are attacked while camping.

what i'm actualy trying to go for or as close as I can get to is exactly like what the
game knights of honor does when you see knights on the map being chased by enemys..

They quickly make a lil fort icon from which fling arrows from a safe distance killing off a few
random enemy troop types of the chasers party at a time.

as the chasing enemy army gets closer they pick up camp/move & run off to a safe distance
then repeat the process until the enemy either gives up chase (or) catches up with the lil fort
in which case the actual battle takes place. 

I noticed that mostly the arabish morroco/fatmids lords loved to use this evil lil tactic   
never the less it's very funny to watch but not so funny if the chaser is you  lol

I would really love to get this feature in warband if I can so if there are any takers like berserker
who feel they can pull this off somehow please let me know.

furthermore I have created a seperate thread just for the sake this topic wont be lost or un noticed

TaleWorlds Forum>Module Development>The Forge - Mod Development>
Help with creating an instant wooden palisade (Build Fort) on map -python kit

the link to the topic isnt working for some strange reason *shrug*
link: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,109784.msg2670608.html?PHPSESSID=sp71eh8afj9050a9erdjflecs0#msg2670608

I need some help.

Is there any thread that talk about how to edit party window layout/ or how to access it in module system? I hate to talk to my companion every time i need to equip or view his stat. i just want to add 2 button that quickly take me to their equipment window and to view their stat, w/o talking to them 1st.

I could only find (change_screen_equip_other) and etc in dialogs, and there's no code explicitly deal with it in presentation. (or i just didn't know where to look).

I take a look at some mod that modify their party window, all i see is on_presentation_load and etc, and there's no telling what window is loaded.

FrisianDude said:
Jezze said:
FrisianDude said:
Does anyone recall how to activate the cheats in the module system? (not the ones from the menu.)
Paste the code in your camp menu or any other menu you find appropriate;

Code:
   ("cheat_toggle",
[(neq,"$cheat_mode",-1),#if cheats disabled with loader...
 (try_begin),
    (eq, "$cheat_mode", 0),
    (str_store_string, s1, "@Enable cheats"),
    (else_try),
    (str_store_string, s1, "@Disable cheats"),
 (try_end),],
"{s1}",                         
[(try_begin),
    (eq, "$cheat_mode", 0),
    (assign, "$cheat_mode", 1),
    (else_try),
    (assign, "$cheat_mode", 0),
 (try_end),
 ]),

It will enable you to turn cheat mode on and off ingame :wink:. So you also see all those reports of factions etc.
:eek:

I recalled it being easier, but thanks. I came here for another question; a while ago I read something about it being possible to make horses differently sized?
[/quote]

Do you mean their skeletons or just the mesh? I think you can just change their size by decreasing it in OpenBRF.

Kmovies said:
when i add a new resource brf (copy of native) , what i have to do to make the computer indentify it? i have to copy the native ones too?

and where, in what line?

Do you mean from the CommonRes folder in your Mount&Blade folder? Or just a complete new BRF that is not ued by native? If you used it from Native, you can just paste in the Resource folder of your module. If you add a new file however, you must add the line;

load_mod_resource = name of the file

in your module.ini file. If you materials and textures from Native, you do not have to add those again in your BRF file. Else you will get the notification 'attempt to reregister error'.

COGlory said:
And to help me finish it, does anyone know of some sort of trigger/script that will change a party icon?

Maybe you can look for the trigger or script which regulates that the map icon changes when a village is raided. Currently, I do not have access to my own module files, so sadly I cannot look for it :sad:.

Squishymaster said:
Is there a way to change how much faction relation you have with a given faction during a game already in progress?
or
Can you change the faction relation you reset to when you first sign up with a realm?

You can change the faction relation with the player faction in your module_factions file. But that will directly change when you attack a party of them or whatsoever. You would need to start a new game anyways, so it wouldn't work  most likely.

And your second question is unfamiliar with me.

ok time for a stupid question: 

what is the new get map coordinates key command? 
cuz I am stuck placing castles & Thorgrim hasnt updated map editor yet  :/

better yet a list of the current ctrl ~ tilde commands for that matter..

when trying to figure it out myself I found

ctrl + left click = instant warp      -very useful if you h8 travel time (or) like to heras looters!
ctrl + T = toggle map fog of war    = shows all units on map but laggy understandibly
ctrl + some key I pressed (I forget which) = bluescreen  I didn't like that one!

Anyone know how to set max sizes for lords parties? I tried altering their leadership but that was a no go.

Havoc said:
Anyone know how to set max sizes for lords parties? I tried altering their leadership but that was a no go.
See party_get_ideal_size & hire_men_to_kingdom_hero_party in module_scripts. Budget matters together with leadership and charisma

This is an odd question, but...

Is there any way to rename weapon and armor constants in the module files ? I mean : Not change any of the constants (rusty, ragged, battered, masterwork, etc.), only rewrite their names, so they'll still be able to work in-game and won't mess up the scripts.

Is there any possible way to achieve this ? 

ZemplinTemplar said:
This is an odd question, but...

Is there any way to rename weapon and armor constants in the module files ? I mean : Not change any of the constants (rusty, ragged, battered, masterwork, etc.), only rewrite their names, so they'll still be able to work in-game and won't mess up the scripts.

Is there any possible way to achieve this ?
Easiest way'd be to change it in the language files.

I gave all the castles in my mod to specific lords in scripts, the lords now have those castles but now for some reason the game treats the castles as towns, any ideas as to why?

Cheers..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom