Modding Q&A [For Quick Questions and Answers]

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
no, it's hardly possible. You can easily spend a month trying to draw all the correspondences between numbers in txt-s and operations and variables in ms, given py files. W/o ms it's much harder, if at all possible
Start over is the only option for you. Do backups next time

Lumos said:
Yeah, that's what I mean. Well, I guess I'll be fine without it.

But I just tested my mod and something is really, really wrong. When I select the "Instant character creation" it should skip through all the beginning menus and then the engine shows the stats menu. But my player is automatically being levelled up to level 33. My code doesn't include giving massive amounts of XP to the player, though.
When I encountered this yesterday, I said "Big deal. The players'll be using the normal start anyway." But today, when I tested with normal beginning, the player is being levelled to level 24. Still no XP is given in the code.
I think it's a bug of some sort; does someone know anything? If yes, please post. The Blue Stone depends on you.

I and other have run into similar issues.  See this thread and some of the other threads they link to:
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,51484.0.html

Patience and time are, IMO, the keys.

Look at first in the scripts. The first one runned by the game decides some things, or contains indications on the other stuff that you'll need to modify.
Also, pay attention to the factions, triggers, and simple triggers, wich handles some actions performed on factons.
Do not forget to look at the troops, to avoid a faction half reduced from Native to have a bunch of non-fiefed lords...

Temuzu said:
Making a completetly new faction, but using the old citys and stuff, and reducing the amount of towns owned by native factions. How hard would this be?

As in, you would want 7 factions?  Very difficult to add one if you don't know what you're doing.  Other then that, the rest is easy. 

in a hurry to get thi question answered so I'll place it here too

Hey do any of you know how I can move obects around in the scene useing the in game editer ?

I can rotate and place the object but I can't move it up and down to make it fit were I want it to

anyone ?

Jlgx50 said:
in a hurry to get thi question answered so I'll place it here too

Hey do any of you know how I can move obects around in the scene useing the in game editer ?

I can rotate and place the object but I can't move it up and down to make it fit were I want it to

anyone ?
Press and hold T, I think.

[Warband]Does anyone know the filename of the new concept picture's name? The one from the beginning, that is two horsemen charging at each other? Because I'm really tempted to use it as a wallpaper.[/Warband]

Lumos said:
[Warband]Does anyone know the filename of the new concept picture's name? The one from the beginning, that is two horsemen charging at each other? Because I'm really tempted to use it as a wallpaper.[/Warband]

loadscreen.dds Is the name of the file.

I'm having the weirdest bug. 

module_scripts.py said:
      (call_script, "script_give_center_to_faction_aux", "p_castle_35", "fac_romans"),
module_parties.py said:
  ("castle_35","Roman_6",icon_castle_a|pf_castle, no_menu, pt_none, fac_neutral,0,ai_bhvr_hold,0,(5.33,2.86),[],260),

castle_35 should belong to the romans now, right? 

Well it's not.  This one, along with 3 or 4 others keep messing up and belonging to different factions!  :mad:

Has anyone experienced this before? 

I have two questions; how would I assign a shooting weapon like for example a crossbow to use an animation like an overhand chop? And how would I assign specific ammo to a new type of weapon? (I.e. bows use arrows, crossbows use bolts, new weapon uses new type of ammo)

Question. If I copy all my brf-s and dds-es from M&B to Warband, will they be compatible? (The resource files were saved in OpenBRF, but not with the Warband format.)

EDIT: And while I'm here, is the Warband items limit raised?

FrisianDude said:
I have two questions; how would I assign a shooting weapon like for example a crossbow to use an animation like an overhand chop? And how would I assign specific ammo to a new type of weapon? (I.e. bows use arrows, crossbows use bolts, new weapon uses new type of ammo)

do you want ALL of the weapon-type to use the animation?  Or only one?
First option, just go into module_animations and copy and paste the desired animation numbers into the weapon-type line.
Second option, speak to Dain?  He has made custom animations.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom