Modding Q&A [For Quick Questions and Answers]

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
kalarhan said:
pete99 said:
Would there be an equally simple way to remove the overlay, or hide it?

Code:
overlay_set_display                               =  947  # (overlay_set_display, <overlay_id>, <value>),
                                                          # Shows (value = 1) or hides (value = 0) the specified overlay.

also avoid using reg0, it is easily overriden by other operations and scripts. Either use something like reg10 or higher or a global variable.

Thanks. I did give the overlay set display code a go, but it appeared to create an error. Does this particular line apply to an overlay mesh as I am trying to use, or will it only work for certain types of overlays?

pete99 said:
Does this particular line apply to an overlay mesh as I am trying to use, or will it only work for certain types of overlays?

any overlay AFAIK, just make sure you are using the correct ID (by using a global as a example). Also dont try using this sort of operation on a destroyed element (keep the life cycle in mind).

Good Day, modders!!
Anyone could axplain me what do mean these color codes and how to get the proper code for a new face texture
for instance, here
("manface_young_2",0xffcbe0e0,["hair_blonde"],[0xffffffff, 0xffb04717, 0xff502a19]),
What means first color code and what do mean other ones

Color codes are multipliers.
The first one multiplies the color of the body skin texture (the same way you multiply colors in GIMP or probably other graphic editors).
The body only uses 1 skin texture per race, so if you have a black face but white skin you have to set a proper multiplier for the skin by taking a sample of head skin texture and dividing it by a sample from body skin texture. Do this in a graphic editor.

Color codes in square brackets define the range of hair colors. These multipliers (default hair texture color * multiplier = desired hair color) set milestones on the range of hair color slider with intermediate options automatically crated between them.
E.g. blonde => red => brown => black.

Leonion said:
Color codes are multipliers.
The first one multiplies the color of the body skin texture (the same way you multiply colors in GIMP or probably other graphic editors).
The body only uses 1 skin texture per race, so if you have a black face but white skin you have to set a proper multiplier for the skin by taking a sample of head skin texture and dividing it by a sample from body skin texture. Do this in a graphic editor.

Color codes in square brackets define the range of hair colors. These multipliers (default hair texture color * multiplier = desired hair color) set milestones on the range of hair color slider with intermediate options automatically crated between them.
E.g. blonde => red => brown => black.

So if i'm adding a new african skin and face i can use colors of native african skin. Yes?

hello everyone i'm using Dynamic troops trees but i'm having problems i want to scroll down to see the rest of the troops tree but i can't scroll down because obviously i don't have a bar to scroll with so my question can someone tell me how to add it or tell me where to go i'm weak with presentations so i thought i should ask first thanks in advance.
PS: if you want a pic of my problem in case you didn't understand me i can always add one thanks!

imado552 said:
Dynamic troops trees
What's this? OSP?
If so, did you ask the author about this?

Presentations are not an easy thing. Sliders are added using set_container_overlay mechanics, but converting a presentation that doesn't have them into one that has them requires multiple changes to coordinates of literally everything to look good. It can't be explained here universally, you need to understand the particular code of the particular presentation.
Ideally, the addition of sliders should be planned in advance. Doing it later after the presentation is finished can be a problem.

Hello all, I have an issue with shadows of player - sometimes there are shadows, sometimes there are not, and also sometimes player has no shadows, but bots around do have shadows. Maybe someone had such issue before and can help me to fix it? :smile:

Leonion said:
What's this? OSP?
If so, did you ask the author about this?
yes it's this one it was created back in 2012 and it has been along time since i checked it so i think the author is not here anymore?so just to be sure to get an answer i asked here hope i didn't bother anyone :smile:
Leonion said:
Presentations are not an easy thing. Sliders are added using set_container_overlay mechanics, but converting a presentation that doesn't have them into one that has them requires multiple changes to coordinates of literally everything to look good. It can't be explained here universally, you need to understand the particular code of the particular presentation.
Ideally, the addition of sliders should be planned in advance. Doing it later after the presentation is finished can be a problem.
ah i see well i'll try to mess around with it and see if ican do something on it since i need it to fix the problem of showing half the troop tree for a clan
thank you for your help anyway!

Ivkolya said:
Hello all, I have an issue with shadows of player - sometimes there are shadows, sometimes there are not, and also sometimes player has no shadows, but bots around do have shadows. Maybe someone had such issue before and can help me to fix it? :smile:
That's an odd engine "bug".
You can't really do anything to solve that.

hello just a question can we start the report menu with a presentation? like rather then getting a bunch of menus we get a presentation with all the menu inside of it !
i started practicing on how to do presentations yesterday and i came with a quick one as a testing it works as a menu inside the reports menu but i want to do the same as VC did how can i do that ?

i tried doing like this just for testing
Code:
  ("reports",0,
   "Choose an action:",[],"none",
    [
	(start_presentation, "prsnt_imad_first_pr"),
	]
  ),
      # ("cheat_faction_orders",[(ge,"$cheat_mode",1)],"{!}Cheat: Faction orders.",
       # [(jump_to_menu, "mnu_faction_orders"),
        # ]
       # ),
but i got this error which i'm sorry my brain couldn't get at this hour without sleeping a bit  :shock:
Code:
*** Warband Refined & Enhanced Compiler Kit (W.R.E.C.K.) version 1.0.0 ***
Please report errors, problems and suggestions at http://lav.lomskih.net/wreck/

Loading module... DONE.
Loading plugins... DONE.
Checking module syntax... FAILED.
MODULE `game_menus` ERROR:
failed to parse element #4
  failed to parse element #0
    value 900 is not a valid identifier

COMPILATION FAILED.

Displaying W.R.E.C.K. performance information.
Use show_performance_data = False directive in module_info.py file to disable.

2.533 sec spent to load module data.
    0.001 sec spent to load plugins.
    0.526 sec spent to check module syntax.

>>> 3.062 sec total time spent. <<<

Appuyez sur une touche pour continuer...

_Sebastian_ said:
Ivkolya said:
That's an odd engine "bug".
You can't really do anything to solve that.

Ah, ok, thank you, I thought it is something on my side :smile:

imado552 said:
hello just a question can we start the report menu with a presentation?

the UI buttons have engine scripts as a hook, which means you can redirect them to something else directly (instead of using the Native game menu). You could also use the menu as a auto-close and start the presentation.

Couple examples: script_game_character_screen_requested, script_game_troop_upgrades_button_clicked

If your modsys doesnt have them (old) you can check VC (many of them were added for the DLC)

kalarhan said:
imado552 said:
hello just a question can we start the report menu with a presentation?

the UI buttons have engine scripts as a hook, which means you can redirect them to something else directly (instead of using the Native game menu). You could also use the menu as a auto-close and start the presentation.

Couple examples: script_game_character_screen_requested, script_game_troop_upgrades_button_clicked

If your modsys doesnt have them (old) you can check VC (many of them were added for the DLC)
thank you !
i'll try to mess with it till i find something if not i can always ask here when i don't understand something!

Lord Oroe said:
how to edit how much every point in leadership increases in party size?

when checking for a skill effect you have 3 options:
1) hardcoded stuff (will require extra work to override)
2) hardcoded stuff but with open settings on module.ini (so just tweak the flag/variable there)
3) modsys effect (open code)

start by finding the reference (key). It is a skill, so go to module_skills.py. Key is "leadership". For skills you add "skl_", so the code reference is "skl_leadership".

now do a full text search for this on your modsys and check where it is used. Eventually you would find the script "game_get_party_companion_limit" that implements the logic around party size limit.

-> note how the script name tells you what it is used for.

FleshbobSkinpants said:
If I change the scene that a castle on the map is a attached to, will I need to load a new campaign to see the effect?

depends on how you are doing this change. To see it on a current game you need to update the slot, and that cant be done on the "game_start" script (or any of the ones exclusive called by it), as that script only runs once (on a new game).

for testing you can use a trigger.

Hi,
How can I refer to a weapon proficiency? wp_archery doesn't work.

(store_proficiency_level, ":proficiency", wp_archery, "trp_player"),

Edit: wpt_archery didn't work either. Or is there another problem here?

Csatádi said:
Hi,
How can I refer to a weapon proficiency? wp_archery doesn't work.

(store_proficiency_level, ":proficiency", wp_archery, "trp_player"),

Edit: wpt_archery didn't work either. Or is there another problem here?

use
    (store_proficiency_level, ":skill_now", ":troop", ":wp_type"),

from  header_operations.py:
      (store_proficiency_level, <destination>, <troop_id>, <attribute_id>),
                                                # Stores current value of troop weapon proficiency. See wpt_* constants in header_troops.py for reference.

so try    (store_proficiency_level, ":skill_now", "trp_player", wpt_archery),    # where    header_troops.py  has defined  wpt_archery

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom