Modding Q&A [For Quick Questions and Answers]

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
kalarhan said:
produno said:
Any suggestions

open a menu and use it for the screen_change, then go back to the original dialog. Use the auto-close to make it transparent (player won't know the difference)

It doesn't seem to work correctly. If I want a menu to open straight from the dialogue I need to first (finish_mission) to exit the scene. If I use the change screen return after my conditions it just throws me back to the map, if I use it within the conditions it just throws me back to the map. If I don't use change screen return it will open the troops inventory, but then I'm stuck on that screen.

If there is an operation to open a specific troops inventory then why the hell does it not do that, bah!

At this rate it might be easier to just use a menu from the town menu, though it's not particularly what I wanted.

produno said:
If there is an operation to open a specific troops inventory then why the hell does it not do that, bah!

the operation has that parameter so you can use it outside a dialog (from a menu, trigger, presentation, etc). It is confusing. I don't know if it ever worked on dialogs (the optional parameter), as I never saw it used on a mod nor I tried to use it hehe.

if you have issues with the inventory itself, why not use a 3rd troop as a backup, and move stuff between the troops?

Troop A is normal merchant
Troop B is special merchant
Troop C is backup

move inventory from A to C. Clean A. Copy B to A. After dialog is over, clear A, copy C to A.

kalarhan said:
produno said:

the operation has that parameter so you can use it outside a dialog (from a menu, trigger, presentation, etc). It is confusing. I don't know if it ever worked on dialogs (the optional parameter), as I never saw it used on a mod nor I tried to use it hehe.

if you have issues with the inventory itself, why not use a 3rd troop as a backup, and move stuff between the troops?

Troop A is normal merchant
Troop B is special merchant
Troop C is backup

move inventory from A to C. Clean A. Copy B to A. After dialog is over, clear A, copy C to A.

I have decided to do it from the town menu instead, in hindsight this is probably better anyway. At least its more visible to the player now.

Thanks for your help though, its appreciated.

When i add to swadian reinforsements more troop slots the game crashes
Rxample, swadian_1,1,5,swadian_2,1,5,swadian_3 and so on (6 slots properly)
Syntax is right,i simply wrote it fastly

KnightV said:
When i add to swadian reinforsements more troop slots the game crashes
Rxample, swadian_1,1,5,swadian_2,1,5,swadian_3 and so on (6 slots properly)
Syntax is right,i simply wrote it fastly

shows us your code. Telling us the syntax is correct is not enough confirmation  :grin:

and the crash log too (rgl_log.txt after game crashes, do not launch game again as it deletes the rgl_log.txt)

KnightV said:
The builder tells me that all is right,game crashes without any error

just because the compiler has no warning/error messages, it doesn't mean your code doesn't have any errors  :grin:

And we are not even talking about logic errors (bugs). Compiler validation code has limitations.

So if you need help you can show us code, any rlg crash message, screenshots, etc.

i made a npc that sells you special troops, but i ran into a problem that you can buy them even if you dont have free slots in your party so you loose money for nothing. what  condition can i apply to this dialog that prevents it from showing if player dont have 5 free lots on party?

Code:
  [anyone|plyr,"special_recruiter_talk", [(eq,"$wo_recruiter2_duel",7),(store_troop_gold, ":gold", "trp_player"),(ge, ":gold",5000)],
   "I would like to recruit some  Tier 1 Special Ranged Troops( 5 White Order Hand Crossbow Knights) ", "special_recruiter_talkT1R",[]],

thanks in advance

I hasn't computer for now and that why i will try to describe my error without screens and so on.The problem is that some meshes in game stay at the positionsame positionsame as in brf file ,i was tryed to paste rigging meshes but it was not works

Khamukkamu said:
Hi all, quick question about animation flags:

What does amf_client_prediction and amf_play do?

Thanks in advance.
I am curious about these too. I don't have any idea what are they for. This is same with other flags. :grin: I would like to learn what are they used for.

Also, with regards to animations:

I have an animation of an animal leap attack. I am able to make it work (ie the animal leaps forward), however the animal then slides back to the position where the animation started. How could I have the animation 'continue' where the leap ended?

I've taken a look at things like the horse jump animation and applied the same flags and such, to no avail. Do I need to add a 'jump_end' animation for the leap attack? How do I call that within the MS if I use 'agent_set_animation` to start the leap? Should I check if the animation is completed then play the jump_end animation?

With small animals, the slide back doesnt look that bad, so I guess we can live with that if I can't make it work properly.

Khamukkamu said:
How could I have the animation 'continue' where the leap ended?

with animations you need to provide the set of flags to control the execution, frames, speed, sync, if it should be on a cycle, effect on rigging,how to blend with the next one... Unfortunately the documentation lacks details, it just exposes the constants and gives you examples. You can experiment with them (most names are easy to understand, even if they are tech oriented). Try different combinations.

maybe someone can point to a old tutorial or write some guidance on this (like a post from a TW dev from 5-10 years ago).

Hey, everyone.  Could someone help me figure out where in the module system I can find the code for which troops (hopefully a troopID) are recruited at towns?  I am trying to make it so that the player can recruit different lines of troops from cities, and thought this would be a good place to start.  Thanks in advance for any help.

Thanks kalarhan. I'll look into testing out different combinations.

Another unrelated question:

I know that victory yells are tied to skin, but can I silence a troop (i.e don't have it play their specific skin-set sounds)? Items have its itp_disable_agent_sounds, but can I do something like that for troops?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom