Modding Q&A [For Quick Questions and Answers]

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
kalarhan said:
litdum said:
But i dont understand why i should set it in 150 -750 range first.

you don't. That is a direct copy from VC which uses 150-750 as the battle size. You can use whatever you want, just update the values in the equation

750-150 = 600 (multiply by 600)
divide by 1000
add 150 (the smallest value for VC)

replace the 750 and 150 with your numbers
That was what i ve done at first(three post above). But perhaps i missed something or.. Does it matter to firstly multiply or divide? Because this is the only diffrence between my operations and VC ones.
Edit: I ve checked it and the problem is that i didn't multiply before than divide. It seems Warband engine revolt against math rules and apply its own rules  :smile:

NPC99 said:
Most of the module system uses integer maths (i.e. loses any decimal places).
kalarhan said:
litdum said:
It seems Warband engine revolt against math rules and apply its own rules  :smile:

Integer operations, as you did not use floats, will have different results.
Then i should use divide operation as below as it can be.  And forgive my english; what do you mean by using floats?

I want to make a special throwing weapon to be weilded by demons in my mod. It will look like they are throwing fireballs. How do you make particle effects on missiles?

Hey guys I have a question on about Kingdom Reinforcements. Every kingdom gets 3 different waves of reinforcements it appears (a,b,c) and I was trying to rebalance them to add some elite troops in the reinforcements. How often do they appear and do they cycle through each wave? I was thinking of only putting 2 elite troops in the "c" wave for each kingdom so I don't oversaturate the game with them.

Hi everyone!! I have some things I've wondered about:
-Is there anything a could do to modify the individual fighting AI that the system offered?
-Are they Hardcoded? If they are, is it posible at all to modify them?
-I've read some of the module system files and found that Non-player Agents are given AI flags when spawn. Are they what determine their behaviours in Missions?
Thank you for your time!!

khanh93vn said:
-Is there anything a could do to modify the individual fighting AI that the system offered?
-I've read some of the module system files and found that Non-player Agents are given AI flags when spawn. Are they what determine their behaviours in Missions?

Its possible via usage of triggers. You cannot modify basic behaviors cause they are indeed hardcoded, but you can override them in most cases. Was done already in some mods.

Some time ago was trolling players on my server by bot camoflaged as player who chambered every swing. :iamamoron:

EmielRegis said:
khanh93vn said:

Its possible via usage of triggers. You cannot modify basic behaviors cause they are indeed hardcoded, but you can override them in most cases. Was done already in some mods.

Some time ago was trolling players on my server by bot camoflaged as player who chambered every swing. :iamamoron:
Cool! Thank you for clearing that up for me. :grin:
Can I have another request please? About the formulas for these numbers:
-Damage delivered (calculate from troops' stat and other components).
-Weapon speed
-Movement speed
And also, the mods you mentioned about, are their codes available to access?

Hi all, trying to understand party flags.

What does pf_default_behaviour do and what are it's settings? I've seen it set to 0 and 1. For non-center parties, does setting it to 1 just lead them to roam around?  Or am I completely misunderstanding it :smile:

Thanks in advance

khanh93vn said:
-Weapon speed
-Movement speed

No idea. I suggest you to look inside header_operations and check operations that handle with bots AI.  Also I remember that there was some code related to bot ai modyfications in OSP code board.
As for calculations I suggest to search forge. Pretty sure this was explained somewhere already.

EmielRegis said:
khanh93vn said:
-Weapon speed
-Movement speed

No idea. I suggest you to look inside header_operations and check operations that handle with bots AI.  Also I remember that there was some code related to bot ai modyfications in OSP code board.
As for calculations I suggest to search forge. Pretty sure this was explained somewhere already.
Okay! That's all I needed. Thank you again, Senpai! :smile:

I have an item name stored as a string in the database. After I receive that string in the game I want to equip agent with that item. The problem is that I receive it as s0 and it doesn't get converted into numeric item id as it normally happens when you do
Code:
(assign, ":item", "itm_british_pistol"), # this will convert itm_british_pistol to item's numeric id - this totally works

This means that the following code will not work:
Code:
(agent_equip_item, ":agent_no", s0, ":cur_slot"), # s0 containts itm_british_pistol received from the database - doesn't work

How do I make it work? How to convert a string item name like itm_british_pistol into a numeric id?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom