Modding Q&A [For Quick Questions and Answers]

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone, just wanted to say that I figured out everything. Last night was a doozy for me so that's why I couldn't understand what you guys meant, however everything made sense this morning, I put **** in, tested **** out, and it worked. I want to give a huge thank you to kalarhan and Somebody, since you guys did help me out a lot. Anyways I'm off to **** **** up or whatever. Have a wonderful day everyone.

kalarhan said:
upgrade the version of my mod
download newest modsys and update your header_XXX.py files. The file header_operations.py is the most important one. Get Lav's modules for a better version.

The module_XXX.py will depend on what you need to update. If you are using Native as your base there was no change in SP since 1.153, as the last versions were dedicated to VC DLC and recently the Invasion MP mode.

Maybe I'm asking this because I just woke up, but does that mean that modules that are made for 1.153 and not "updated" to 1.168 will still work if they're SP-only mods, apart from maybe some syntax changes like "trp_troop" vs "trp.troop"?

Druidic said:
1.153 and not "updated" to 1.168 will still work if they're SP-only mods

depends.

1.153 mods are not compatible with 1.170 and were moved out from the released mods forum (until they are fixed/reviewed). Maybe you don't need to do much or anything at all, but someone needs to go test them again and most likely review some code.

I added new race in module_skins and there is somethibg wrong with calfs.
In game they are okay when im close to character from that race but when i move back from them around 15 metres calfs lose their texture and become white and model changes to model of lod1 of default calf (even if i delete lods from my brf).

What could i do?

Also calfs are just retextured ones so no problem with model its copy/paste and texture is same as native just bodies are like dark...but thats just color...

In  castle_attack_walls_ladder mission templates, I sieged a castle or town with ladder.In siege when I press backspace for order panel, its doesn't work.Why order panel doesn't work?

In mt_castle_attack_walls_ladder
common_battle_victory_display,
      common_siege_refill_ammo,
      #common_siege_check_defeat_condition,
    common_battle_order_panel,
      common_battle_order_panel_tick,

common_inventory_not_available,

common_battle_order_panel = (
  0, 0, 0, [],
  [
    (game_key_clicked, gk_view_orders),
    ##diplomacy begin
    (neg|main_hero_fallen),
    ##diplomacy end
    (neg|is_presentation_active, "prsnt_battle"),
    (start_presentation, "prsnt_battle"),
    ])

common_battle_order_panel_tick = (
  0.1, 0, 0, [],
  [
    (is_presentation_active, "prsnt_battle"),
    (call_script, "script_update_order_panel_statistics_and_map"),
    ])

i have an error it when i changed code in KAOS political to fit with my mod but when i build it without any syntax or some thing then i open my mod up and i show me this , i have checked all the module and dont see any error if someone have used the KAOS political pls tell me why it show that error , do i have to change the party_template etc ????  :???:

http://imgur.com/a/hVBG7

@Harry
1.Put your code here (use cod tag that hashtag above emoticons),
2.I cant seem to open your image like it's deleted so you should copy paste your error here.(In compiler screen click right click then select mark and then make like a box around whole output or just error part...than press ctrl+c which will copy all that,than just paste here.Again with code tag.).

DarkNord said:
@Harry
1.Put your code here (use cod tag that hashtag above emoticons),
2.I cant seem to open your image like it's deleted so you should copy paste your error here.(In compiler screen click right click then select mark and then make like a box around whole output or just error part...than press ctrl+c which will copy all that,than just paste here.Again with code tag.).

yes i know but this is a KAOS political so i dk where is the error so that why i asked if somebody knows how to use that source

HarryPham123 said:
i have an error it
@Harry use this instead, as you seems to love taking pics  :mrgreen:

https://tw.greywool.com/i/

if you need to show errors from you build_module.bat, type this:

Code:
c:\[your folder]\build_module.bat >> build_log.txt

this will put the text inside that file build_log.txt. You can also use the terminal UI to copy the content, both work

I have a problem that I need help debuging. Basically I've been modding for a while and its all been working fine. But the latest version of my mod crashes when the game reaches "loading setting data".
Thing is, I have not done anything special, just added some new dialog lines and 2 quests. And the entire thing compiles without any errors or warnings.

Does anyone have any idea why this might be?

And no, there is nothing wrong with the actual setting. The game starts up on native just fine.

PPQ_Purple said:
I have a problem that I need help debuging. Basically I've been modding for a while and its all been working fine. But the latest version of my mod crashes when the game reaches "loading setting data".
Thing is, I have not done anything special, just added some new dialog lines and 2 quests. And the entire thing compiles without any errors or warnings.

Does anyone have any idea why this might be?

And no, there is nothing wrong with the actual setting. The game starts up on native just fine.

I would start with reverting last changes to mod step by step to pinpoint which exact part causes it.

Does new code contained some strings or quick strings? I had simmilar problems which was caused by wrong usage of strings  some  time ago.

It's random question time.

If I wanted to take a named NPC from a settlement (like say a guild master or some other guy with a fixed name and face (thus hero flag) ) and make him a lord mid game. Like, player clicks dialog option = guy becomes lord in players faction. But without actually giving him a fief in the process. How would I go about this?

And what would be the consequences? Would I end up duplicating the character?

PPQ_Purple said:
It's random question time.

If I wanted to take a named NPC from a settlement (like say a guild master or some other guy with a fixed name and face (thus hero flag) ) and make him a lord mid game. Like, player clicks dialog option = guy becomes lord in players faction. But without actually giving him a fief in the process. How would I go about this?

And what would be the consequences? Would I end up duplicating the character?

not a good idea  :mrgreen:. There are tons of code that uses ranges for lords, so you will probably break something. Unless you have a better module system, or you are willing to recode it, the easier way to do this is another route:

1) Create empty lord troops (together with the others on module_troops.py) and put them in a not active faction (so they won't spawn in the map, it is similar to killing a lord)
2) When you execute teh process (like on a dialog), clone the village npc (face, skills, name, whatever) to one of the unused lords. Transfer that lord to your faction. Active it (set all flags). Then use a random process to regenerate the village npc (new face, age, name, ...)

And it's me again. I have these two pieces of code (differences highlighted)

Code:
		[anyone|plyr, "fort_conquest_response",
			[
				(store_sub, ":offset", "$current_town", forts_begin),
				(store_add, ":conquer_response", "str_gekokujo_fort_1_deputy_conquer_response", ":offset"),
				(str_store_string, s46, ":conquer_response"),

(eq, "$current_town", "[b]p_fort_5[/b]"),
			],
			"{s46}","close_window",
			[
				(assign, "$[b]g_ezo_village_1_owned[/b]", 1),
			]
		],

Code:
		[anyone|plyr, "fort_conquest_response",
			[
				(store_sub, ":offset", "$current_town", forts_begin),
				(store_add, ":conquer_response", "str_gekokujo_fort_1_deputy_conquer_response", ":offset"),
				(str_store_string, s46, ":conquer_response"),

(eq, "$current_town", "[b]p_fort_6[/b]"),
			],
			"{s46}","close_window",
			[
				(assign, "$[b]g_ezo_village_2_owned[/b]", 1),
			]
		],

The entire code compiles without errors and #1 executes just fine. But #2 crashes with an error message saying "invalid opcode -2147483648". Now, I know what this means, in theory. Somewhere in my code there is a call to an address that is unassigned or otherwise bad. But where? Both g_ezo_village_1_owned, g_ezo_village_2_owned, fort_6 and fort_5 exist. And other than that the code is the same as in the vanilla mod. Those are literally the only lines I've added.

PS. I know bolding won't work in code tags, but the presence of the tag alone should hopefully draw your eye to what I mean to emphasize.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom