Modding Q&A [For Quick Questions and Answers]

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
TheDragonknight said:
I finally understand the basics of Open BRF, the program for adding in meshes to the game, I was able to get it to work with single part meshes, but i still don't know how to get multi-part meshes to work, could someone help?

Its pretty simple. for multi-part meshes, the secondary parts need to be named with a .1, .2, .3 etc after them. Then, all you do is designate the main part, and the secondary parts show automatically.

Can ANYONE who is experienced, please give me a hand with my project? I'm dealing with a ton of bugs, and its taking me a long time to find where they are in the code. I'm currently dealing with bandit lairs not spawning for the intro quest. You can add me on steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Trechorsaurus/.

EDIT: finally found a solution and fixed my buggy bandit lairs. the mod works perfectly now! Had to pile through hundreds of old forum posts to find the burried solutions!

Can anyone offer some advice as to how to go about implementing glowing eyes? I know that it has been done both in TLD and in Blood and Steel, and both of them are open source, but without a real knowledge of how shaders work, I don't even know what to look for.

I guess what I'm asking for is a simple: "This file goes here, that file goes there." so that I can at least get started working with this stuff.

My thanks.

I'm curious - can you make it so a companion needs your character to have a certain Honour rating to join your party? Or renown? (Or both?) Would that tale WSE, or could you do it with the module_system?

TheCaitularity said:
I'm curious - can you make it so a companion needs your character to have a certain Honour rating to join your party? Or renown? (Or both?) Would that tale WSE, or could you do it with the module_system?

module system. Just include a new condition for the recruit dialog, or the script that spawns them in taverns (and any special location). See tutorial section, dialogs.
:arrow: https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/board,12.0.html

Mandible said:
Can anyone offer some advice as to how to go about implementing glowing eyes? I know that it has been done both in TLD and in Blood and Steel, and both of them are open source, but without a real knowledge of how shaders work, I don't even know what to look for.

I guess what I'm asking for is a simple: "This file goes here, that file goes there." so that I can at least get started working with this stuff.

My thanks.
You might have luck running a particle effect on helmets init_item trigger, i haven't tested this but it could work.
You could also loop the agents grab the bone id of the head and then execute the particle code on it depending on the race in mission templates.
Check module_particle_systems for list of effects you can use/add on.

Excuse me for a stupid question, but! how should python string for this object look like? I just don't understand the system

Code:
("ado_fantasy_temple", 0, "bo_ado_fantasy_temple", "bo_ado_fantasy_temple", []),
If i made any mystake could you explain me how it should look like?
Thanks

Ikaguia said:
Afaik there is nothing hardcoded about teams in mp, you could probably just add more, spectator and unassigned are indeed used by the module_system itself so I it probably is not hardcoded
Unfortunately this is not true, unless the engine code has had a major change recently: Warband MP teams are hard coded that way, in all the module system operations for player teams; those constants are just for more understandable names in the module system. There is a different concept of "agent teams" used in single player of which there are a maximum of 8 (0 to 7), though team 7 seemed to be hard coded as always friendly to every other agent. For a MP mod the agent teams are not a good solution though - with the exception of controlling bots as a group - since the player related scripts and operations do not handle them. To have more than two "teams", it is best to just mark them with player slots and rewrite all the relevant scripts and presentations (not simple).

Hey guys. Im developing a 17th century mod and as you might know pikes were one of the standard weapons for infantry in that era. The thing is, I want the pike to automatically drop when drawing another weapon, for example a sword. Is there a possible script for this?

homicuda said:
Excuse me for a stupid question, but! how should python string for this object look like? I just don't understand the system

Code:
("ado_fantasy_temple", 0, "bo_ado_fantasy_temple", "bo_ado_fantasy_temple", []),
If i made any mystake could you explain me how it should look like?
Thanks
You gave it two collision meshes but no model.

Code:
("ado_fantasy_temple", 0, "ado_fantasy_temple", "bo_ado_fantasy_temple", []),

Code:
("script_reference_id", 0, "model_name", "collision_object_name", []),

Dangerdude said:
Hey guys. Im developing a 17th century mod and as you might know pikes were one of the standard weapons for infantry in that era. The thing is, I want the pike to automatically drop when drawing another weapon, for example a sword. Is there a possible script for this?

Dunno if there is something as OSP, but this is quite simple to code. Check header_operations.py for operations

0) Detects weapon change (depends how you will manage this: a group order, etc)
1) Unequip the sword/etc from the agent (its removed from the agent inventory)
2) You can add a scene weapon prop at this position to simulate dropping the weapon at the ground

kalarhan said:
Dangerdude said:

Dunno if there is something as OSP, but this is quite simple to code. Check header_operations.py for operations

0) Detects weapon change (depends how you will manage this: a group order, etc)
1) Unequip the sword/etc from the agent (its removed from the agent inventory)
2) You can add a scene weapon prop at this position to simulate dropping the weapon at the ground
Could you explain how to do it? Im not a coder myself. Btw im doing it for Napoleonic Wars, not for vanilla Warband

kalarhan said:
Dangerdude said:
Could you explain how to do it? Im not a coder myself.

Start with the basic tutorial https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,240255.0.html

Then check the Tutorial section for more details on how scripting works

If you are working on a public mod you can also try hire/recruit more people. For that you can use your own mod thread in the Guild https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/board,9.0.html
This is a Q&A thread so I hoped somebody would give me an answer. And the first thread you sent me didnt really teach me anything new, I already read it. Im not going to hire people as I think its a pretty primitive code and I dont think I will be needing a whole dev team just for that

Dangerdude said:
This is a Q&A thread so I hoped somebody would give me an answer.

First answer was a recipe on how to DIY (do it yourself). Also suggested you can form a team if you want to, up to you (more people with different skill sets).

On the tutorial: its a multi step learning process. First link is just step one, the tutorial section, as I mentioned above, has deeper tutorials on scripting (how to write code). Example: https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/board,12.0.html

If you want a ready to copy script you can also wait and see if someone posts one for you. Right now that would not really be possible, as step 0 (how will you switch weapons) is unknown/not defined, so you will need to review your specification.

Usually people come here with code snippets, not to ask for a new OSP, but there is no rule against it  :smile:

Have fun modding!

I havent come here to ask for a new OSP, because its not really an OSP and not new, I came here to question someone how to do it. And I dont really get those steps in your original post.

"I want the pike to automatically drop when drawing another weapon"
Thats what I asked for

Hey guys! I'm making headway into my poaching mod. (https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,353637.0.html)

I'm wondering, what are all the values for cur_terrain? I know its used to signify the current terrain type, which will be useful for me making hunting impossible in deserts. But what is the cur_terrain value for desert? And what are the values for other terrain types?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom