Modding Q&A [For Quick Questions and Answers]

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Working troy fire balls

inspiration

images

IT al works just one little problem i aint got no model for it anybody who has an idea better than using a FACKING BOX please pm me its very important to get a good model for this

anybody an idea for a model?

HyperCharge said:
Is there any tutorial that teaches how to make multiplayer events and what is the client side and server side ?

not sure about tutorials, but a good source of reference is NW module system, as its mostly MP only (so no SP stuff on your way)

Hi all,

In TLD, we added a black blood particle system for our orcs/uruks. However, it doesnt seem to work in game. Anything extra we should be doing?

Code:
 ( "orc", skf_use_morph_key_20,
    "orc_body", "orc_calf_l", "o_handL",
    "orc_head", orc_face_keys,
    ["orc_ears01","orc_ears02","orc_ears03","orc_ears04", "orc_hair01","orc_hair02","orc_hair03","orc_hair04","orc_hair05","orc_hair06","orc_hair07","orc_hair08","orc_hair09","orc_hair10","orc_hair11"], #man_hair_meshes ,"man_hair_y5","man_hair_y8",
    [], #beard meshes ,
    ["orc_hair_ears"], #hair textures
    ["orc_hair_ears"], #beard_materials
    [("face_orc_a",0xffffffff,["orc_hair_ears"],[0xffffffff]),
     ("face_orc_b",0xffffffff,["orc_hair_ears"],[0xffffffff]),
     ("face_orc_c",0xffffffff,["orc_hair_ears"],[0xffffffff]),     
     ], #man_face_textures,
    [(voice_die,"snd_orc_die"),(voice_hit,"snd_orc_hit"),(voice_grunt,"snd_orc_grunt"),(voice_grunt_long,"snd_orc_grunt_long"),(voice_yell,"snd_orc_yell"),(voice_victory,"snd_orc_victory")], #voice sounds
    "skel_orc", 1.0,
    psys_game_blood_black,psys_game_blood_black_2,
    [[1.7, comp_greater_than, (1.0,face_width), (1.0,temple_width)], #constraints: ex: 1.7 > (face_width + temple_width)
     [0.3, comp_less_than, (1.0,face_width), (1.0,temple_width)],
     [1.7, comp_greater_than, (1.0,face_width), (1.0,face_depth)],
     [0.3, comp_less_than, (1.0,eyebrow_height), (1.0,eyebrow_position)],
     [1.7, comp_greater_than, (1.0,eyebrow_height), (1.0,eyebrow_position)],
     [-0.7, comp_less_than, (1.0,nose_size), (-1.0,nose_shape)],
     [0.7, comp_greater_than, (1.0,nose_size), (-1.0,nose_shape)],
     [2.7, comp_greater_than, (1.0,chin_size), (1.0,mouth_nose_distance), (1.0,nose_height), (-1.0,face_width)],
     ]
  ),

Code:
   ("game_blood_black", psf_billboard_3d |psf_randomize_size|psf_randomize_rotation,  "prt_mesh_blood_black_1",
     500, 0.65, 3, 0.5, 0, 0,        #num_particles, life, damping, gravity_strength, turbulance_size, turbulance_strength
     (0.0, 0.7), (0.7, 0.7),          #alpha keys
     (0.1, 0.7), (1, 0.7),      #red keys
     (0.1, 0.7), (1, 0.7),       #green keys
     (0.1, 0.7), (1, 0.7),      #blue keys
     (0.0, 0.015),   (1, 0.018),  #scale keys
     (0, 0.05, 0),               #emit box size
     (0, 1.0, 0.3),                #emit velocity
     0.9,                       #emit dir randomness
     0,                         #rotation speed
     0,                         #rotation damping
    ),
    ("game_blood_black_2", psf_billboard_3d | psf_randomize_size|psf_randomize_rotation ,  "prt_mesh_blood_black_3",
     2000, 0.6, 3, 0.3, 0, 0,        #num_particles, life, damping, gravity_strength, turbulance_size, turbulance_strength
     (0.0, 0.25), (0.7, 0.1),        #alpha keys
     (0.1, 0.7), (1, 0.7),      #red keys
     (0.1, 0.7), (1, 0.7),       #green keys
     (0.1, 0.7), (1, 0.7),      #blue keys
     (0.0, 0.15),   (1, 0.35),    #scale keys
     (0.01, 0.2, 0.01),             #emit box size
     (0.2, 0.3, 0),                 #emit velocity
     0.3,                         #emit dir randomness
     150,                       #rotation speed
     0,                       #rotation damping
     ),

Also, should the particly system mesh be added in module_meshes?

You don't need to add it to module_meshes, just make sure the mesh is added to Openbrf and called "prt_mesh_blood_black_3". With 'prt_' in the name as well.

------

Does anyone know how to get around the maximum of 4 lights per scene?

Quintillius, As i know there is no maximum amount of light on the scene. But 5 and 10 lights per scene differs not very much visually.

Theoretically you can use torches,fires and lamps for your scene to increase the lighting.
list of lighting props

Quintillius said:
You don't need to add it to module_meshes, just make sure the mesh is added to Openbrf and called "prt_mesh_blood_black_3". With 'prt_' in the name as well.

Yea, we do have that in openbrf.. still hasnt worked :sad:

Minor issue.. but would love to have it work

Unrelated question:

I have the below Mission Template, and it works well, except for the fact that the moment I enter the scene with my troops, i get the "You have won the battle. Press tab to leave" message appearing, even though it is not actually done yet :sad: Can anyone tell me what's wrong? Thanks

Code:
 (
    "village_attack_bandits",mtf_battle_mode|mtf_synch_inventory,charge,
    "You lead your men to battle.",
    [
      (0,mtef_team_0|mtef_use_exact_number,af_override_horse, aif_start_alarmed, 50,[]),(1,mtef_visitor_source|mtef_team_0,0,aif_start_alarmed,1,[]),
      (2,mtef_visitor_source|mtef_team_0,0,aif_start_alarmed,1,[]),(3,mtef_visitor_source|mtef_team_0,0,aif_start_alarmed,1,[]),
      (4,mtef_visitor_source|mtef_team_0,0,aif_start_alarmed,1,[]),(5,mtef_visitor_source|mtef_team_0,0,aif_start_alarmed,1,[]),
      (6,mtef_visitor_source|mtef_team_0,0,aif_start_alarmed,1,[]),(7,mtef_visitor_source|mtef_team_0,0,aif_start_alarmed,1,[]),
      (8,mtef_visitor_source|mtef_team_0,0,aif_start_alarmed,1,[]),(9,mtef_visitor_source|mtef_team_0,0,aif_start_alarmed,1,[]),
      (10,mtef_visitor_source|mtef_team_0,0,aif_start_alarmed,1,[itm_practice_staff]),(11,mtef_visitor_source|mtef_team_0,0,aif_start_alarmed,1,[itm_practice_staff]),
      (12,mtef_visitor_source|mtef_team_0,0,aif_start_alarmed,1,[]),(13,mtef_visitor_source|mtef_team_0,0,aif_start_alarmed,1,[]),
      (14,mtef_visitor_source|mtef_team_0,0,aif_start_alarmed,1,[]),(15,mtef_visitor_source|mtef_team_0,0,aif_start_alarmed,1,[]),

(16,mtef_visitor_source|mtef_team_1,0,aif_start_alarmed,1,[]),(17,mtef_visitor_source|mtef_team_1,0,aif_start_alarmed,1,[]),
      (18,mtef_visitor_source|mtef_team_1,0,aif_start_alarmed,1,[]),(19,mtef_visitor_source|mtef_team_1,0,aif_start_alarmed,1,[]),
      (20,mtef_visitor_source|mtef_team_1,0,aif_start_alarmed,1,[]),(21,mtef_visitor_source|mtef_team_1,0,aif_start_alarmed,1,[]),
      (22,mtef_visitor_source|mtef_team_1,0,aif_start_alarmed,1,[]),(23,mtef_visitor_source|mtef_team_1,0,aif_start_alarmed,1,[]),
      (24,mtef_visitor_source|mtef_team_1,0,aif_start_alarmed,1,[]),(25,mtef_visitor_source|mtef_team_1,0,aif_start_alarmed,1,[]),
      (26,mtef_visitor_source|mtef_team_1,0,aif_start_alarmed,1,[]),(27,mtef_visitor_source|mtef_team_1,0,aif_start_alarmed,1,[]),
      (28,mtef_visitor_source|mtef_team_1,0,aif_start_alarmed,1,[]),(29,mtef_visitor_source|mtef_team_1,0,aif_start_alarmed,1,[]),
      (30,mtef_visitor_source|mtef_team_1,0,aif_start_alarmed,1,[]),(31,mtef_visitor_source|mtef_team_1,0,aif_start_alarmed,1,[]),
  ],
   tld_common_wb_muddy_water + tld_common_battle_scripts +[

(1, 60, ti_once, 
  [
    (store_mission_timer_a,reg(1)),
    (ge,reg(1),10),
    (all_enemies_defeated,1),
    (set_mission_result,1),
    (display_message,"str_msg_battle_won"),
    (assign,"$battle_won",1),
    (assign, "$g_battle_result", 1),
    (call_script, "script_music_set_situation_with_culture", mtf_sit_victorious),
  ],
  [
    (finish_mission, 1),
  ]),

common_inventory_not_available, 
  common_music_situation_update,
  common_battle_check_friendly_kills,
  common_battle_check_victory_condition,
  common_battle_victory_display,

(ti_tab_pressed,0,0,[],
  [
    (try_begin),
      (eq, "$battle_won", 1),
      (call_script, "script_count_mission_casualties_from_agents"),
      (finish_mission),
        (else_try),
          (eq, "$battle_won", 0),
          (display_message,"str_can_not_retreat"),
      (else_try),
       (main_hero_fallen),
              (assign, "$pin_player_fallen", 1),
               (str_store_string, s5, "str_retreat"),
              (call_script, "script_simulate_retreat", 10, 20, 1),
              (assign, "$g_battle_result", -1),
              (set_mission_result, -1),
              (call_script, "script_count_mission_casualties_from_agents"),
              (finish_mission, 0),
        (try_end)]),

common_battle_inventory,      
      common_battle_order_panel,
      common_battle_order_panel_tick,

],
  ),

Khamukkamu said:
Unrelated question:

I have the below Mission Template, and it works well, except for the fact that the moment I enter the scene with my troops, i get the "You have won the battle. Press tab to leave" message appearing, even though it is not actually done yet :sad: Can anyone tell me what's wrong? Thanks

First check the victory trigger and your spawned teams. Are you adding the villagers on the correct team and EPs?

This trigger:
Code:
 (1, 60, ti_once, 
  [
    (ge,reg(1),10),
    (set_mission_result,1),
  ],
  [
    (finish_mission, 1),
  ]),

@ContTrabiyou this is usually a sign of bad syntax.
Edit: double posting https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,352943.0.html

Can we add more tracks to one "track" ?

("ambushed_by_neutral", "ambushed_by_neutral.ogg", mtf_sit_ambushed|mtf_sit_siege, mtf_sit_fight|mtf_module_track|mtf_sit_multiplayer_fight),

To

("ambushed_by_neutral", "ambushed_by_neutral.ogg", "ambushed_by_neutral_2.ogg", mtf_sit_ambushed|mtf_sit_siege, mtf_sit_fight|mtf_module_track|mtf_sit_multiplayer_fight),

kalarhan said:
Khamukkamu said:
Unrelated question:

First check the victory trigger and your spawned teams. Are you adding the villagers on the correct team and EPs?

This trigger:
Code:
 (1, 60, ti_once, 
  [
    (ge,reg(1),10),
    (set_mission_result,1),
  ],
  [
    (finish_mission, 1),
  ]),

Yes, villagers (spawned using (set_visitors)) are in entry 10, 11, both are team 0; Bandits in entry 18, team 1

Khamukkamu said:
Yes, villagers (spawned using (set_visitors)) are in entry 10, 11, both are team 0; Bandits in entry 18, team 1

did you add a debug message on the all_enemies_defeated operation? Is this the trigger that is indeed thinking the battle is won after 1 sec? Or do you have another trigger doing the same logic ?

I haven't used the mtf_synch_inventory flag, so not sure how it is working with the engine 1.168. You could do a quick test without it.

Main thingy is: make sure you have 2 teams, they are enemies, and they have agents on each. A logging trigger can do that.

ContTrabiyuo said:
sorry for that but i'm trying to solve this problem for 2 weeks.
Avoid doing a double post, in special when they are done 10min from each other. At the very least add a link to your thread next time.

HyperCharge said:
Can we add more tracks to one "track" ?
Nope, but you can use your script logic to handle multiple files/music

Somebody said:
You're probably overwriting some register being used to toggle that string's visibility.

Hmm alright, I know some programming. What register is it most likely? I don't know much about the module system, but I want to learn more.

I figured it out. I didn't have my lords listed between [HEROES BEGIN] and [HEROES END] in my troops.py. fixed my issue with diologues as well! :grin:

EDIT: Well I'm wondering now, why does it say the lords of my new faction are the sons of random sarranid lords? Also I tried raiding the a village, and I should be an enemy of the faction now. However, noone in the faction even reacts to me. So much to learn!

Might have been asked before but I am really don't want to read through over 1500 pages of replies...

There has to be a way I just can't find where. I want to add more troop types to participate in tournaments. Other than the usual stuff you see in the tournaments. I don't want a mod I just want to make small changes to allow stuff like Sarranid Mamlukes and stuff like that to take part in the tournaments.

Any tips where to look?

Thanks in advance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom