Modding Q&A [For Quick Questions and Answers]

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The "avoidance" isn't that strong. They occasionally go to the correct location but not always.

produno said:
This happens alot in my own mod too, though it was inherited from Brytenwalda. Ive not had a chance to look into why so i cant help you there other than to say it seems to be a widespread problem.

If someone else is having the same problem it might be another of the things the Viking Conquest update broke.

You're not by any chance using Lav's civilians mod, are you?

Alex_NG said:
Is the order over which operations like try_for_agents loop over the ids specified?

I once did some debugging and the results showed that it increases predictably, just like all the other try_for_* operations.

jacobhinds said:
The "avoidance" isn't that strong. They occasionally go to the correct location but not always.

produno said:
This happens alot in my own mod too, though it was inherited from Brytenwalda. Ive not had a chance to look into why so i cant help you there other than to say it seems to be a widespread problem.

If someone else is having the same problem it might be another of the things the Viking Conquest update broke.

You're not by any chance using Lav's civilians mod, are you?

No, unless of course Brytenwalda had used it. Though im pretty sure i know which code you mean and its not been used here.

I want to add banners(with edit mod) to some castle interior scene, just like others. But when I do that the banner never changes even though the lord changes. For example I put the banner when the castle belonged to Emir Nuwas then I started a new  game and the castle belonged to Emir Dhiyul, but the banner was still Nuwas's banner, it hasn't change. How can I add the banner which is able to change about lords.

Edit: I made it.

Hey you know horse modifiers like Lame, Swaybacked, Spirited, champion, etc  well how do I change how those modifiers effect the horses? where do I even look?

Somebody said:
You don't, they're hardcoded effects. You can however, modify other attributes of the horse (associated with its rider) within the context of a mission.
    I'm kinda hoping I could get a horse no one else in the game would have so i thought that sense no one would have a cchampion horse maybe I could change the attributes.

themanwhocrys2 said:
Somebody said:
So make a copy of an existing horse with superior stats and give it to your player character?
I thought of that but wpuldn't know where to start
By learning how to mod? Duplicating an item and changing its stats is about the easiest thing you can do. Trust me, it's much easier that what Somebody suggested - that would actually require that you're quite aware of what you're doing.
Before going for a swim somewhere, check how deep the water is first, then make sure you know how to swim. That's going to save you some problems down the line. :razz:

I am putting new locations on the map and I am wondering what the lats number is on the location code in parties.py

("town_1","Sargoth",  icon_town|pf_town, no_menu, pt_none, fac_neutral,0,ai_bhvr_hold,0,(-17.6, 79.7),[], 170),

I get that the -17.6, 79.7 is the location given when you press ctrl and E on the map but what determines the last number?

Lumos said:
themanwhocrys2 said:
Somebody said:
So make a copy of an existing horse with superior stats and give it to your player character?
I thought of that but wouldn't know where to start
By learning how to mod? Duplicating an item and changing its stats is about the easiest thing you can do. Trust me, it's much easier that what Somebody suggested - that would actually require that you're quite aware of what you're doing.
Before going for a swim somewhere, check how deep the water is first, then make sure you know how to swim. That's going to save you some problems down the line. :razz:
what do I duplicate? once  I find the things to copy what do I change the names too sense they have multiple not identical names? I would also have to find out where in the files the id to that horse is and once I find it I gotta change it to a unused ID but where even is it there are so many things that could be ids.

themanwhocrys2 said:
what do I duplicate? once  I find the things to copy what do I change the names too sense they have multiple not identical names? I would also have to find out where in the files the id to that horse is and once I find it I gotta change it to a unused ID but where even is it there are so many things that could be ids.
Have a go at this.
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?topic=230802.0

It may or may not be useful for you. It doesn't exactly teach you how to do exactly what you're looking to do, but it should help you get a decent understanding of what you're working with.

Nameless Warrior said:
I am putting new locations on the map and I am wondering what the lats number is on the location code in parties.py

("town_1","Sargoth",  icon_town|pf_town, no_menu, pt_none, fac_neutral,0,ai_bhvr_hold,0,(-17.6, 79.7),[], 170),

I get that the -17.6, 79.7 is the location given when you press ctrl and E on the map but what determines the last number?

That's the rotation of the party icon in degrees clockwise from north.

Ok so I have copied these things (calling my new horse My Horse) 
OFRGYuU.png
6e2IWsM.png
and I was able to copy the item but now all the characters in the game are glitchy looking and wearing the wrong stuff example

p02iRgb.png
MXvwdVl.png

jacobhinds said:
Nameless Warrior said:

That's the rotation of the party icon in degrees clockwise from north.

Thank you for that. Makes perfect sense.

If you change the warhorse's ID (change itm_my_warhorse to itm_warhorse) then it may hopefully fix the complications.

But if you enter a scene with the warhorse, is it still glitchy?

EDIT: Bear in mind that if you change the ID to a new custom one, you need to add an entire new horse model with that same ID. If you re-use the old warhorse ID, it'll use the original warhorse model as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom