[MOD] The Legend of Zendar v0.1 - Download Now!

Users who are viewing this thread

Pi7cOMz.png

A Turkish Modification of Turkish game Mount&Blade for Crusader Kings II

RELEASED!

Download Version 0.1 (15.01.2017)
Steam Workshop: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=842474457
ModDB (Including Music): http://www.moddb.com/mods/the-legend-of-zendar
Mediafire (Including Music): https://www.mediafire.com/folder/j2ntgmn82v3ir/The_Legend_of_Zendar

Checksum: HPWD
CK2 Version: 2.6.3

Changelog:
###################
# 15.01.2017 - v0.1
###################
First Release

Features
  • A middle-age alternate history world in a alternate continent named Calradia besides Europa.
  • A huge map that contains whole continent of Calradia which is shown in Mount&Blade: Warband.
  • Total 765 provinces from basic 180 Mount&Blade: Warband territories as duchies.
  • There is no de jure empires at all. Build your own! And then you can reunite all over Calradian Empire.
  • 22 kingdoms from classic factions of Calradia.
  • Around 30 extended cultures for Calradian peoples with basic 6 factions of Calradia
  • Around 40 new religions of Calradian peoples. There are no atheist Calradians at all!
  • A whole new soundtrack including Mount&Blade and Warband musics!
  • And of course, we have Zendar!
FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions
Who are you?
We are a nice party with bunch of adventurers from origin of Mount&Blade series, Turkey. And of course we accept new ones from other factions.​

Crusader Kings II with Mount&Blade? Why?
Because political and feudal structure is really fits perfect to Crusader Kings II. When I playing Mount&Blade, I really want to play as a map based strategy game. And of course, I want Bannerlord too. I mean... who doesn't :grin:?​

Is there a release date yet?
No, not really. Actually we really want to release an open beta, or an early staged alpha. We completed tons of things and yet there is a lot of work to do.​

Credits
A list of people who have worked on this mod since development started, and credits for artwork and music.

Founder & Project Leader
Savaş C. Coruh
as CradonWar

Codes
Savaş C. Coruh
- History, General Additions, English Localisation
Esen N. Akpınar as RuneeShoc - General Additions, English Localisation
Gustavo Oliveira as Magnus Helvetti - History
Tanner Flick as tsf4 - History, General Additions
Aleksa Krivošija as SBolshevik - History, General Additions

Graphics & Artworks
Savaş C. Coruh
- Map, Paintings, Artworks
Mert Gültekin as BlackOtto - Map
Tomi Mäkelä as Chlodio - Map, General Additions

Soundtrack
Savaş C. Coruh
- Mount&Blade Soundtracks

Testers
Alper Öcal
as r.alper

Translation
Zafer K. Coruh
as CrusonVictor

Thanks
Deniz Kocatürk
as Wolfaust - Early Stages of Map
Altay Göktan as 8bit - Early Stages of Map

cRPG Mod Team - Strategus Map of Calradia
Korbah - Resource of Flag Templates

A special thanks to the team who made this entire mod possible: TaleWorlds Entertainment

We have probably missed out some one who helped or contributed at some point, just let us know and we will add you to the list.​

My only qualm is the lack of significant bodies of water in Caladria. Whereas in Europe you have the Med, the English channel and the Baltic to add a bit of geographic diversity. Maybe the mountain ranges you've highlighted will do the trick though.

Western Swadian borders and the seas will be redesigned. But you're right. We can't change the integrity of the map. Rivers will work as the seas. You can not pass across, just like in Warband.

Developer Diary #1 - Map of Calradia

Hi there!
I promised a Developer Diary for this week but I can't wrote until now. There is nothing too much, but I decided to show our map. Well, not in-game but we will keep it in another diary for you. And here's the big surprise. We have paintable maps of Calradia for you! Thanks to Meneth for his Crusader Kings II Maps resource.

Warband Factions (Not Dejure!):
IiM3d1p.png

There are 765 provinces, 35 sea provinces, 23/4 rivers, 2 lakes and 5 wastelands. Total number is 830 for now.

List of the Kingdoms:

Calradian (1)
  • Kingdom of Zendar (Republic)
Swadians (4)
  • Kingdom of Praven (Feudal)
  • Kingdom of Suno (Feudal)
  • Kingdom of Uxkhal (Feudal)
  • Kingdom of Dhirim (Feudal)
Rhodoks (3)
  • Republic of Yalen (Merchant Republic)
  • Republic of Jelkela (Merchant Republic)
  • Kingdom of Veluca (Feudal)
Nords (3)
  • Kingdom of Sargoth (Tribal)
  • Kingdom of Wercheg (Tribal)
  • Kingdom of Tihr (Tribal)
Vaegirs (4)
  • Grand Principality of Reyvadin (Feudal)
  • Grand Principality of Curaw (Feudal)
  • Kingdom of Rivacheg (Tribal)
  • Kingdom of Khudan (Tribal)
Khergits (4)
  • Khanate of Tulga (Nomad)
  • Khanate of Ichamur (Nomad)
  • Khanate of Narra (Nomad)
  • Sultanate of Halmar (Iqta)
Sarranids (4)
  • Sultanate of Shariz (Iqta)
  • Sultanate of Durquba (Iqta)
  • Shahdom of Ahmerrad (Tribal)
  • Kingdom of Bariyye (Feudal)
Total: 22 De Jure Kingdoms

Blank Map of Calradia:
3kxAG9c.png

The second diary will be in-game. And it will be very soon! We need more hands for our work. If you are interested in joining our team, just let me know!

Developer Diary #2 - Something, something about Calradia

Well actually, we're still developing secretly and without announcments :p. Alas, I had to study exams to enter the university -and I made it, I'll start to study to become an English teacher in Turkey- which cause of lowering development speed. Our current team is only Tanner (tsf4) and myself. Which is the answer of why this mod still not released, yet.

Here's some examples of our current stage:
NFIU93S.jpg

W4fjgFI.jpg

bgDEh6L.jpg

You see, lots of things are ready. We just need to fill the map history, flags and some maps (topology and world_normal_height) now. We can release an early beta without various county/duchy flags and those map files.

latest

Oh, and did I mention about our future version 2 map from new Mount and Blade game, Bannerlord :grin:?

Edit: Thanks to our greatest team member, Tanner Flick (tsf4) for his hard work while I was studying. This mod can't be continued without him.

Developer Diary #3 - Part I: Khergit Khanate

Welcome to another developer diary of The Legend of Zendar! We're going to start a serie of diaries with 6 parts for each Calradian factions. We're also planning to release two or three diaries in a week. After tons of works for fixing possible bugs and making improvements and when all of the diaries for Calradians factions are done, we're likely going to release a beta version. Our current version is v0.0.5 and this diary will contain all the works from v.0.0.4: Khergit Khanate! Besides the general improvements, our version will increase for each faction, and when we hit the v0.1.0 there will be an open beta.

First of all, I want to announce a decision to change the very course of our mod. We stopped working on the "Warrider" bookmark which is between the Bannerlord and Warband's time period. We're going to start with the Warband bookmark at March 23rd, 1257. That's because the next Mount & Blade franchise, the Bannerlord is 200 years ago from the Warband. And we're going to work backwards instead of starting in the middle of everything like  the Warrider bookmark. So, when we released open beta with v0.1.0 there will be a playable Warband bookmark only. With the future big updates we will add various bookmarks towards Bannerlord in the year of 1060.

Now, I want to show you the current maps of Khergit Khanate:
P.S: With the current v0.0.5 the other factions except for Khergits are not ready. But all of their characters, dynasties, cultures and religions are already finished. Character traits and their portraits are also generated randomly. We will make them similiar with Warband in the future.

yE5Utl0.jpg

When you're looking at first, you're seeing the Khergit Khanate as a big purple blob. But when you look carefully, we can say it's not a huge blob. If we make the Khergit Khanate as a one huge independent faction, there will be an unstable and simple game. Instead, we made the things more... interesting.

ATeqsrb.jpg

You can see clearly the borders of Sanjar Khan's one of the vassals named Tonju Noyan from Ichamur's primary title and his vassals. We used the tributary system from vanilla game for the lords whose holding huge cities from the Warband. We have kingdoms for each "City" including the "Castle" and "Villages" as duchy from the Warband.And that means the Khergit Khanate (Empire Rank) has the kingdom rank Ichamur, Narra and Halmar. You can see the de jure kingom map below:

sgThAVu.jpg

In the Warband bookmark, these kingdoms within the empire rank Khergit Khanate are seems equal but they're just a "titular" empires. Except for Halmar, we made that one of the tributes of Sanjar Khan as titular but a kingdom. That's because the Ichamur and Narra has their own Clans (Kingdom Rank) with Nomad government but, Halmar has sedentary system with Iqta government. And all of them are tribal titles. Which means these tributary titles can be destroy if they acquire an equal de jure title. The only similarities between the Halmar and Khergit is they're in the same borders of de jure empire and within the same culture group. But their religions is different from many Khergit lords, they're Sunni Muslims.

4G7c3l1.jpg
xjfmThu.jpg

Just like the real world (CK2 Europe) there are Muslim, Christian, Zoroastrian, Jewish and although not directly there are also Aztec and Indian religions in Calradia. Muslims are separated into two major branches as Sunni and Shiite as usual, but there are also other branches specific for Calradia. That's applies to other religion groups. Christianity in Calradia is a little bit different. There are no Catholic church and the Pope from Rome in Calradia. Instead, and except for classic Orhodox church from Eastern Swadia and frontiers of Vaegir, the most common belief is Calradic church and the spiritual leader of Calradic Pope from the city of Suno. But they will be in other future diaries. Khergit Khanate contains reflection of Tengrism named Steppe Pantheon mostly. There are Sunni religion in Halmar and some part of Narra and, there are also Jews in Halmar's ducal vassal named Unuzdaq who trying to get rid of the pressure between Muslims and Christians just like the real world's Khazars. In the east, there are minor Nestorian community around the Asugan Castle and border of Sarranids.

8zPJoBz.jpg
Rt8i7jo.jpg

Just like we said from the past diaries and messages, Khergit culture has diversified among it's own group. We can say the same thing for the other factions. There are almost one main culture lies within every de jure kingdoms because most of the Khergits are nomads. We have Nomadic culture (Mongol Portraits) for reign class, up north there is Ergenek culture (Cuman Portraits) in Ichamur inspired from Ergenekon Saga from the Turkish culture and also there is a minor Bozkirian culture (Cuman Portraits) from the Warband's Steppe Bandits just like you know. When we get close to the west, Najar culture (Turkish Portraits) salutes us from the historical fiction movie named Kahpe Bizans (English: Perfidious Byzantine) shown as fictional Nacaroğulları (Najarids) folk. Najars yet are nomads and believing in pagan religion but, is a new Sunni generation who prefers sedentary life is coming. Further west, there is Tarkhan culture (Turkish Portraits) inspired from the original Turkish culture and they will be expend to the inland Sarranid Sultanate in the future versions. The Jewish bey from Tarkhans is exactly in here.
ERN0JR4.jpg

Speaking of Halmar, there is also a pretender of throne who claims with the death of previous ruler, lands of Khergit Khanate and the hers should be shared equally between the Sanjar and Dustum as two sons of the last Khan but there is a rumor of Sanjar lied everyone and claimed all the lands of Khergits. That pretender take refuge in Halmar and you know what his name, Dustum Khan. The reason of that is completly making things interesting. Like I said, Halmar is the only tribute who settled in between the Khergits. Therefore they're stronger than the others but they're less in numbers of vassals and holdings. Halmar seems the only option who can use the Dustum Khan's claim and resist against all other Khergits than the others. Still they can be beaten by the superiority of numbers. Narra or Ichamur lords can also stand with the Halmar.
QFXXtZ7.jpg

If I can say more about the Khergit Khanate, that will be the vassal system. We talked about the Ichamur and Narra at empire rank and independent just like the Sanja Khan in Tulga but they're allied as tributes. In addition, Tonju bey from Ichamur don't calling as Khan. He has the title of Wang from the Warband's mod named "Expanded nobility title system" just like in the other named Floris Mod Pack. In this way, all the three major beys and minor ones are separated as titles than Sanjar Khan. Kingdom level Nomadic Clans also calling as just like the duchy Noyans. If you have a vassal ranked count he will be titled as Darga, and Taishi for barons.

i23l1oa.jpg

Clan system is another feature we proud of. We're using the dynasties to naming the map and flags for titles. That's right; whatever faction, culture, religion or rank you have, your primary title will have your dynasty CoA, just like in the Warband! Other flags for your other titles will also generating randomly. Therefore we have various and compatible flag/dynasty system. But unfortunately, our map will also naming as our dynasty name. There are no any last name nor the dynasties in Warband so, we named them as their owned lands. And that become a nice dynasty system. Khergit dynasties are calling as Clan but that will be different for other factions.

And now I'm ending of another nice and amusing diary to wrote but long while reading. Next chapters of this series will not be long as this one but there will be always pleasent and lots of good screenshots. SPOILER ALERT! Next diary will be about the Sarranid Sultanate! Hope to see you a few days later.

Edit: Sorry for bad grammar etc.

Looks like it'd be fun for the Duck & Spackle team, Battle for Tihr RIP.

Yeah, the main reason to making this mod is what we wanted to play in multi: Calradian map in CK2 :grin:.

By the way, you can choose what next after the Sarranids. We could make them according to the majority of the requests primarily. Here's our options:
  • Grand Principality of Vaegirs
  • Kingdom of Nords
  • Most Serene Republic of Rhodoks
  • Holy Swadian Empire

Aleksa Krivošija (SBolshevik) joined our team! After we released Sarranids, we were planning to release a diary for the Nords. But, he already completed the Rhodoks at the same time with Sarranids. Take your seats, grab your popcorns and be ready for the Sarranid diary... tonight!

Developer Diary #4 - Part II: Sarranid Sultanate

- General
Greetings from the sands of Sarranid! And sorry for being this late. I was planning to release this at midnight but I realized I can make the CoA and flags of Sarranids better! And I did it :grin:. Before I introduce you to Sarranids, I want to show you the newest things in our mod. We're now using some "mini-mods" from another modders. Which I will give write their names in the credits. First of all, thanks to ZachPruckowski for his entertaining "Additional Objectives" mini-mod. But we have to update it before the big release, that's for sure.

Secondly, I also want to thanks to Korbah and Arakhor for "Adoption Decision" mini-mod. We have lots of old lords without heirs because we created new dynasties for their sons. And that's because we're using the dynasty coat of arms on primary title flags and we had to separated them. Average lifespans in Calradia also increased from about 60 to 80+ for having their own heirs :grin:. But in any case, both player and AI who past the age 50 can adopt a child, for now.

The last one was the most needed one for graphical issues. Since we're using the dynasty CoA on primary titles and random for the others, we were unable to set border colors. Thanks to logan.monk from Steam users, we're using his mod named "Thick and Thin Borders" from the Steam Workshop. And now our borders are transparent and, vassal borders are not showing but simple province borders. Which is quite reasonable because we're using tributaries for different purposes. I'll show you the difference with screenshots:

Vanilla:
hpgkFmO.jpg

With the "Thick and Thin Borders" by logan.monk:
7t7lm13.jpg

- Politics
You know our factions are seems like united but they're divided as tributes for each cities from Warband as kingdoms. These are Durquba, Ahmerrad and Bariyye for the Sarranids. They're titular, can be destroyed with gaining de jure equals, and tied as tributes to Sultan Hakim from Shariz. He's holding both de jure empire of Sarranid and de jure kingdom of Shariz. Let's see the de jure kingdoms and the political map, the only difference is the Jameyyed and Mazigh are not in the de jure Sarranids' borders:

Political Map:
oPwvwQm.jpg

De Jure Kingdoms:
mO0NZzH.jpg

Governments (you can see the Sarranids of Ahmerrad are still tribal):
GA9bjAq.jpg

And of course, the claimant on the Sarranid throne, Arwa the Pearled One!
EJ1cPlJ.jpg

- Cultures & Religions
Sarranid is the biggest faction with the Swadia. They are the latest faction to added in Mount & Blade: Warband. But of course you already knew it. Since they have the biggest numbers of holdings, their cultures and religions are also plenty. Various cultures and religions are the things we making up but we're trying to fit them in Calradia as much as possible. So, let's take a quick look at the culture list for the Sarranids:

Attention!
We're still considering to change the religion names. But most of cultures are okay. Yet, we may decide to change some of the cultures along with religions.

Cultures:
S197TLp.jpg

Bezanian (Mediterrenan/Andalusian Portraits):
They're the people who living in Sarranid's coasts of Bezan Sea and all around the Shariz. You can see where that name came from. Shia (or Shiite) is the common religion among them.

Mushreg (Arabian Portraits): Peoples from outer Shariz and borders of Durquba. They're not lucky as the Bezanians because they're living in harsh deserts with all the other folks. Their name's inspired from the Turkish word from Arabic roots: Müşrik. When the Islam has founded, all the non-Islamic Arabs were calling like that. And "Müşrik" means the one who worships to idols, polytheists or simply pagans for Arabic folks. But most of modern Mushreg tribes are Shia Muslim now in the year of 1257.

Haramid (Arabian Portraits): They're the Desert Bandits from Sarrdak Desert in Warband. "Harami" means thief or bandit in Arabic. They have the same phenotype with Mushregs. There are also some generic Pagan provinces in their zones. Paganism in Sarrdak Desert was once the popular religion between the Mushreg and Haramid folks.

Sandman (Arabian Portraits): Well, not much to tell is it? They're the "Sand People" who spreading around the Durquba to most parts of the Sarrdak Desert. Most common religions are the Sunni, Shia and Ibadi of Islam.

Sarrdak (Persian Portraits): Ancestral rulers of Sarrdak Desert. They named the great desert and, once they were rule all over the sands at the time of Sultan Ayzar. They're living in the far easts of the desert around the Bariyye and it's oases. Most of Sarrdaks are still believing in the great prophet of Ahura Mazda named Sarran. He was also the first Sultan of Sarranids in the Ancient Eras.

Qardeb & Pashtan (Persian Portraits): They're the small branches of Sarrdak people. Qardebs are living at the northern Bariyye and the borders of Khergits. And the Pashtans are living at the south of Bariyye as a tribal folk. Most of Qardebs are Manichean or Shia Muslim. And Pashtans are Zoroastrian or Sunni Muslim.

Tarkhan (Turkish Portraits): You know that Khergit folks which inspired from the real world Turkish origins. Once they were spreading in Sarranid but most of their lands are ruling by the Sarranid Emirs from other cultures.

Religions (names can be change!):
MbvYt2c.jpg

- BONUS! RIP Oberyn Martell ;_;
iceYKNQ.jpg

P.S: The joke is the similarities between the House Martell and Bardaqid flags.

- Rhodoks Are Next!
Again, thanks to SBolshevik, we're happy to announce the Rhodoks will be in our next developer diary! Hope to see you with the next diary in this week.

Developer Diary #5 - Part III: Republic of Rhodoks

- General
Sorry for beign this late, but I was have to go Antioch for my university things on Wednesday. So here we are, with a new developer diary about the great Republic of Rhodoks! - and his tributary kingdoms. First of all, about THE Republic... yes, they are Merchant Republics! Not all parts of Rhodoks of course.

- Politics
You see, King Graveth is a merchant overlord with a new title of: High King. Despite the title names of other tributaries from previous diaries, the Rhodok tributaries are calling as Kingdoms. High King Graveth of Casa de' Jelkala has the empire tier Republic of Rhodoks title for obvious.

And his rival in market is the Prince Mayor Gutlans o Clann Yalen, in Kingdom of Yalen. There is also most of your's favorite: the Kingdom of Veluca with leading King Matheas del Casa de Veluca, as feudal. But they all paying tributes to High King Graveth in Jelkala.

And King Matheas' younger brother Lord Kastor del Casa de Veluca (or simply Lord Kastor of Veluca as you may know) claims to he should be elected as the High King of all the Rhodoks while staying with his elder brother's side in Veluca. Let's take a look at what Rhodoks looks on the map in Crusader Kings II:

Political Map:
b99R6HR.jpg

De Jure Kingdoms:
3ydT1Pc.jpg

Governments:
Eb46X3C.jpg

And here's our pretender: Kastor del Casa de Veluca!
jZG2Ur2.jpg

- Cultures & Religions
Rhodoks are in the same culture group with Swadians. Once was they were vassals under the King of Swadia and they have similiar cultures, but not so similiar. Almost all the Rhodoks are followers of their true path to the God: Calradic Pope in ancient city of Suno. Yet, some mountain tribes are still following the old traditions. They're the followers of Calradian Pantheon's pagan Gods from the old Empire's time. Yet, there are no big lords who's following those Old Gods. Let's see what cultures we have in Kingdoms and the Republic of Rhodoks:

Cultures:
usBUXD3.jpg

Rhodok (Iberian Portraits):
Here's the original culture of Rhodoks. They're mainly living in Kingdom of Jelkala and the eastern Veluca including the Grunwalder Castle. Some of the Rhodoks living in eastern Veluca with the borders of Dhirim are following the Orthodox religion, except for the Grunwalder.

Velucan (Iberian Portraits):
They are the second main culture and biggest branch of original Rhodok culture. Yet, they're still equals in Calradian culture group with the other Swadian cultures. There are some Velucans who living in territory of Jelkala across the Prezzar River. You know where the name came from.

Highlander (Celtic Portraits):
They're the rivals for other Rhodok merchants. Most of them living around the mountains with defending against the Mountain Bandits. They and their cultural cousins are mainly merchants under the Grand Mayor in Yalen. You may see where their name came from.

Gleanntír (Celtic Portraits):
Gleanntírs are the cultural cousins of Highlanders. But they're mostly living in valleys surrounding by Northern Rhodok Mountains. Most of their territories are ruling by the Highlanders. Their name inspired from Gaelic words Gleann (Valley) and Tír (Country). Will they turn against their cousins and trying to be independent? Or will they stand together with their cousins against the false High King in Jelkala? That's up to you (and AI)!

Tribesman (Celtic Portraits):
They're the Mountain Bandits who came from the mountains and kicking out who's living in the vineyards (that sentence is actually originated from a Turkish proverb and I tried to translate it, lol). Most of the Tribesman are followers of Calradian Pantheon. There are also other followers of Calradian Pantheon from outside the Rhodok lands but that's the another dairy. You may see they're living as tribes.

There are no lots of cultures in Rhodoks because we're counting them with the Swadian culture and it's branches together in Calradian culture group like I said before.

Religions:
4ClP9CZ.jpg

- Interesting Characters
High King Graveth del Casa de' Jelkala of the Republic of Rhodoks:
br3gVS3.jpg

Grand Mayor Gutlans o Clann Yalen of the Kingdom of Tributary Yalen:
5dQljKI.jpg

King Matheas del Casa de Veluca of the Kingdom of Tributary Veluca:
JNsGvOA.jpg

Duke Talbar del Casa de' Grunwalder of the Duchy of Grunwalder:
6MPSb8Y.jpg

High Chief Etrosq o Clann Etrosq of the High Chiefdom of Etrosq:
42F95Ap.jpg

- Nords Are Next!
HXKjQy7.jpg

As we promised! If I didn't went to Antioch, this diary was released before and you will reading the Nord diary right now. But hey, most of the Nord things are ready thanks to SBolshevik. See you in the next diary in a few days later!

By the way, Tomi Mäkelä (Chlodio) joined our team to make a new physical map and height/topology map for us. You can see the old physical map and the flat terrain from our previous diaries. Thanks to him, his first works (which they're in alpha) has used in our Rhodok diary. And there are still lots of works to do on those maps.

Back
Top Bottom