Mod Review

Users who are viewing this thread

froggy12

Banned
If you love any of the following :

1 Hilariously bad combat ( Starting battles with your+enemy armies spawned inside eachother - Rampant fist fighting )
2 Bugged troop appearances ( Masks/helmets levitate feet away from the soldier who should wear it )
3 Broken Sieges ( See the first entry )
4 Broken AI ( These men are clearly not trained in the use of explosives and will often play hot potato with you )
5 The possibility of moose cavalry?
6 Broken Tavern Hosts ( They seem to think they're your companions, they must've been tasting the supply )
7 No leaders ( Apparently every kingdoms leader is a follower of a vassal of another kingdom, which is a vassal of another kingdom, which is a vass- you get the gist )

Then this will probably be enjoyable for you, but not for me.

This mod also seems to be heading in a more silly direction with the apparent addition of moose cavalry, so if that's something you don't want to be part of, I would suggest turning away from this forum as well.

I understand that this is very unfinished, emphasis on very, and is not in a playable state. My suggestion is, that if you're looking for a well-made mod then this is not the one for you, although bug hunting is quite easy as they're everywhere.

This mod has the potential to become something great, with work. The guns seems well-made and the building models, uniform, and weapon models seem nice as well.

What version of the mod are you using? Because:

1- Not happening to me
2- Not happening to me
3- Not happening to me
4- I have to agree that I have seen some grenade explosions coming out of nowhere
5- What?
6- Not happening to me, although there was a case where I entered a tavern and a drunkard attacked me. I was about to fight him, but the conversation screen of the owner of the tavern keep popping up as if I was talking to him, but I wasn't even clicking anything! If I closed it, it would reappear again and again, and would only stop once I beated the drunkard.
7- Not happening to me

1- Not happened to me but if you played this, this must be in some scenes.
2- Another players said that. I didn't see this but there must be errors.
3- Sometimes but there is only one error: AI is so bad that they can't find doors if they start near to walls.
4- Problem about Warband. Did you see any grenades in Warband ? Just javelins and throwing knives. AI can't think it's power.
5- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kostroma_Moose_Farm

"The idea of the moose domestication did not get much traction in Czarist Russia. However, it reappeared in the 1930s’ Soviet Union; it was suggested at the time that moose cavalry could be efficiently used even in the deep snow. In 1934, the Soviet Government's Nature Reserve Committee ordered creation of moose reserves (zapovedniks) and moose breeding centers (лосиные питомники). Experimental work, initiated by Petr Alexandrovich Manteufel (Петр Александрович Мантейфель), took place at a number of locations: in Yakutia, at the Serpukhov Experimental Game Farm, and in the Buzuluksy Bor Nature Reserve (Бузулукский бор) in Orenburg Region.

However, the work was not finished in time for the World War II, and when the war came, the entire idea of cavalry as a combat force was swept away."

6- Not happened to me. Never.
7- Not happened to me. Never.

I think source of your errors is simply corrupted save file.

Haven´t tried this mod yet, but can see you guys seem to have some mixed results from how well this mod is. I´ll give it a go. It looks very very promising and exciting. Will try write again here after I´ve played it for a while :grin:

froggy12 said:
1 Hilariously bad combat ( Starting battles with your+enemy armies spawned inside eachother - Rampant fist fighting )
Have not had that. But I have had them spawn inside walls and get stuck on scenery. This happens on a relatively regular basis too.

2 Bugged troop appearances ( Masks/helmets levitate feet away from the soldier who should wear it )
This happens a lot on DirectX7. And sadly for many of us the switch between two versions screwed the graphics up so bad in terms of system demands that we had to go from running it almost on 100% quality on DX9 to 0% with DX7.

Seriously. WTF.

3 Broken Sieges ( See the first entry )
Always play sieges with cheats on. That way you can knock out enemies stuck in scenery.

4 Broken AI ( These men are clearly not trained in the use of explosives and will often play hot potato with you )
Have not tested this as I can't even play the new version for long enough to get to troops that have explosives.

6 Broken Tavern Hosts ( They seem to think they're your companions, they must've been tasting the supply )
Yep. Had that.

7 No leaders ( Apparently every kingdoms leader is a follower of a vassal of another kingdom, which is a vassal of another kingdom, which is a vass- you get the gist )
Yep. I've had even funnier things as well. The entire cast is messed up something narly.

Then this will probably be enjoyable for you, but not for me.
Same here. This is going to sound cliche but the last version was quite good. And than they quite literally changed it and now it quite literally sucks. I could get over the AI issues but the game just won't work for me.

I understand that this is very unfinished, emphasis on very, and is not in a playable state. My suggestion is, that if you're looking for a well-made mod then this is not the one for you, although bug hunting is quite easy as they're everywhere.
The worst part is that the version before this one was perfectly playable. In fact, it was one of the more smooth running mods out there. And than they just... WTF

PPQ_Purple said:
The worst part is that the version before this one was perfectly playable. In fact, it was one of the more smooth running mods out there. And than they just... WTF

It's probably because this version is newer, and so there has been less time for bug hunting, therefore less polishing.

Antigonus said:
PPQ_Purple said:

It's probably because this version is newer, and so there has been less time for bug hunting, therefore less polishing.
Actually it's because they completely replaced a lot of the textures with needlessly high definition ones and generally messed with the graphics code.

Back
Top Bottom