Mod creator forgot to put dungeons in most of the towns...

Users who are viewing this thread

Howdy hoe, been looking for dungeons to save lords and companions for hours now, can't find them, excellent mapwork, mod creator, excellent indeed.

So turns out you can only access the "alternate" town square if you go through the castle first or are at peace with the owning faction, this means the interior of the town looks entirely different when you sneak in during warfare, meaning you cannot access the alternate town, or break your prisoners from jail.

I know development on this mod is dead but this is a bug that I think needs fixing.

Edit: Just tried to do the same thing with a castle to break my lord out for a quest, I managed to actually find a prison guard and door, but after killing all the enemies the prison guard just sits there, I can't hurt him, and I can't enter because the door is locked.

Did you go through the conversation with the guard? I think unless he is triggered with the correct answer, he can't be attacked.

Edit: Really seems to be a bug then, and a fairly major one. Kinda weird that they have put so much effort into some areas that add to the immersion (manors come to mind) and neglected others that in turn totally destroy said atmosphere (AI not using ranged weapons in sieges and apparently this one).

As of 15th February 2014, development of the mod has stopped.
The latest version is Anno Domini 1257 - 1.03 - Kill the peasants edition! and you can get it here.
Even though there are some known bugs (e.g.: prison break) developers have lost interest in putting more time bugfixing and/or new feature addition.

Granted though, it's been updated since then to 1.13, but they know about the prison break bug since then and still haven't fixed.

They might release another bug-fix patch in the distant future. If not then at least the mod was almost successfully completed I guess.

EleSigma said:
They might release another bug-fix patch in the distant future. If not then at least the mod was almost successfully completed I guess.
I would hardly say this mod was near completion, there is a complete lack of variety in armors and half of the siege battles are so ****ed its ridiculous.

I just finished sieging Rome and it completely sapped whatever motivation I had to left attempt to finish my playthrough. All of the archers remain in the back of the siege area behind a hidden wall that says "retreat" if you try to go through it, the only way around this is to go to the very top floor of another building and jump off yourself, and then proceed to slaughter 50 men alone, now repeat this same siege with all of Italy because it's the same map everytime.

This mod is overrated to oblivion, the only good things about it are manors and playing as your troops after you get knocked out. It's filled with bugs, spelling errors, terrible design ideas, and more bugs. Done playing this mod for good as of now, I am going to go play a much better mod, Prophecy of Pendor.

there is a complete lack of variety in armors
LOL

This mod is overrated to oblivion, the only good things about it are manors and playing as your troops after you get knocked out. It's filled with bugs, spelling errors, terrible design ideas, and more bugs. Done playing this mod for good as of now, I am going to go play a much better mod, Prophecy of Pendor.
bye bye :party:

Comparing a realistic mod like 1257 AD with a fantasy mod like PoP might be a bit unfair, but I gotta give PoP this: they really managed to make characters stand out and give them a personality. Whereas in 1257 the faction leaders and your companions are as bland as they can get, it feels like you're constantly talking to the same person, just with different clothing.

But of course I know that it's way easier to flesh out 10-15 chars than 100 (or however many unique characters there are in this mod). So I guess you can't blame anybody here, the scope of this mod is just so insanely huge that extensive work on details would be a horribly tedious exercise.

DeSoto said:
Comparing a realistic mod like 1257 AD with a fantasy mod like PoP might be a bit unfair, but I gotta give PoP this: they really managed to make characters stand out and give them a personality. Whereas in 1257 the faction leaders and your companions are as bland as they can get, it feels like you're constantly talking to the same person, just with different clothing.

But of course I know that it's way easier to flesh out 10-15 chars than 100 (or however many unique characters there are in this mod). So I guess you can't blame anybody here, the scope of this mod is just so insanely huge that extensive work on details would be a horribly tedious exercise.

Yeah, PoP is smaller and much more story driven while 1257 is more Sandbox-like and massive, so details that are in PoP are absent from 1257 since the purpose of the mods are different overall.

As for the bugs I hope DrThomas hands off development to someone else so we can get the bug fixes since he doesn't seem to want to work on the mod anymore. Otherwise the mod is pristine and nice. :smile:

I would hardly say this mod was near completion, there is a complete lack of variety in armors and half of the siege battles are so ****ed its ridiculous.

It is so heartwarming to see such gratitude for all the hard work and fine accomplishments by the modders of 1257.

He's not wrong about sieges though.

Who in the holy **** thought it would be a good idea to make it endlessly mandatory for ranged units to always have their ranged weapon out even when the enemy has gotten past the infantry on the wall and is currently slaughtering all your archers/crossbowmen?

I even turned on advanced_tactics and told them to use melee weapons.  They take out a melee weapon and then instantly switch to ranged.   

Ww -ww . ... who the ****???

Since this probably won't get fixed, is there a way to replace the 1257 combat AI with the standard formations AI mini-mod and would it be possible to take the code for the prison guard from vanilla and paste it over the 1257 one? I'm hoping these jurry-rigged patch ideas might work. It's not the optimal solution but at the moment I think it's the only solution. :/

Why would you want to change the current formations AI?

It's actually alright, compared to other mods who tried to do it....  aka Brytenwalda...  *shudders*

Also you checked the mods settings right?  There's options regarding formations AI.  If I remember there's standard vanilla, standard formations and 1257 Formations.

At least placement via the minimap is completely broken. Even if I place the corresponding marker dead-center the units always veer off to the borders of the map. The only way for me to set up my army is to do it with my character, so I would have to be all over the place. Which led me to adapt a "fire and forget" strategy: build a knight-centric army and just charge.

If the game won't let me take proper command from a hilltop, then I won't even bother to make this work. This and the equally broken sieges have dumbed the game down by a lot for me and sadly diminished the replay value by a fair bit.

Back
Top Bottom