MMO Campaign... is it possible?

Users who are viewing this thread

Hello dear community.
I'm the new guy... and i only really registered for one reason...
to ask:
Would it be possible (in theory) to make an mmo campaign map.
Like there are 20 servers every server can have up to x amount of players roaming the map at the same time.
They have levels like ingame (maybe leveling a bit slower) and can either start as mercenaries following other lords (or staying closeby like in the campaign with lords who request to follow you) or to get their own armies.

This is my question. Is this possible in theory? Because this thought was in my mind for years now... but the bannerlords trailers have sparked new fire into this thought. And seeing as bannerlords wont be out for at least half a year... i wanted to look for someone to a) answer me this question and
b) if its possible maybe even make such a thing. Im not a good programmer and only know basics of java and html so yea :grin:

And just to get this off my mind a short version of what i would imagine this looks like (if you know its impossible and dont want to read some dudes nerdgasm then end it here :grin:):

okay so
- normal campaign map (about 10-20 times the size, but not more cities just more space to adjust to traveltime, if someone is in a battle)
- about 100 players on the map at the same time, all with their own armies... or in the armie of another lord.
-payment for mercenaries goes for level and by online time. A completly offline player lvl 50 gets 5000 gold a day but if hes online 12 hours he gets 12000 (for online) and 2500 for offline. And by troop strength (calculated differently)
- players who are offline fight (with all their troops) like a normal lord if attacked. This is the reason why you should hide in castles and cities if you log out.
- major money adjustments (kings would need millions to feed their troops)
- lords that log off can get duties from their king (like roaming a certain city) like you can command lords in the normal game
- time is like real time so a day is a day. but mercs are paid every day... not week
- you have to be online once a day to be paid (your char) but your money for your troops will be paid, as long as you have some)
- huge trading system. like you can be a trader if you want... just buying olives in veluca and selling them after a 20 min trip in the kingdom of nords (depending on if the cities are the same)
trading with other lords and mercenaries
- maybe even banditcamps that only members of bandits know?

if this seems too detailed... you have no idea :grin: this is just the very surface of what ive dreamed of for years... crafting this world day for day in my imagination :grin:
oh well... id be very happy if someone tells me if this is possible... how much work this would take and if he/she would be willing to try to get this together for warband or even for bannerlords :smile:

have a great day :smile:

haha thanks. i guess ill just wait for bannerlords then, hope that (as they said) modding was greatly supported and try do do it myself :grin: maybe i even find some help then :grin:
but are you sure that it would work? is m&b really THAT moddable?

Razak_the_Dark said:
haha thanks. i guess ill just wait for bannerlords then, hope that (as they said) modding was greatly supported and try do do it myself :grin: maybe i even find some help then :grin:
but are you sure that it would work? is m&b really THAT moddable?

if as you said you know a bit of Java and HTML, you should not be surprised on what you can hack away with enough know-how.

If you want a MMO on medieval style you should look for another game however, that is not Bannerlord. Even a cool mod (few years from now) would most likely not compare to a game like this

i dont trust that game... i saw it when it was first revealed... they said some promising things... half a year later after getting thousands of backers they backpeddled... ill wait until they release it... until then my dream of bannerlords mp stands :grin:
(if anyone necros this thread in the future... GET ON IT! :grin: even though i probably wont read it... write me a pm :grin:)

Back
Top Bottom