SP - General Mission Landowner Needs Manual Laborers

Users who are viewing this thread

My suggestion is that this mission be renamed "Mining Problems". And that it has two ways of solution, the current one of getting bandits for forced labor and a second one in which it can be suggested to leave a good character in Engineering to solve security problems.

It would be a practical way to raise the level of engineering of a character in addition to being able to avoid the cruel option if it is your intention.

In addition, you could put the option to have your own character repair the mine, which will force you to wait in the village until it is repaired, the waiting time could be accelerated by a combination of your engineering level and the amount of troops.

It can't be minin problems, because villages producing clay or hardwood can have this quest too.
I have not looked at what the landowner mentions when it is a village that produces clay but I think he mentions that it is a mine like the other villages. The clay mines are open, it does not mean that there may be collapses and landslides that kill people

Hardwood villages never have this quest.

same logic can still apply, basically leaving a companion to solve "logistical issues" and the earned XP and relevant skill swaps depending on the village's produce. So if it's logging, a steward. If it's mining, an engineer, if it's clay a smith? Idk, it would add some dynamism together with a way to dodge dumb grind that depends directly on spawn rate (which's VERY RNG). There are plenty of such quests that depend way too much on RNG.

same logic can still apply, basically leaving a companion to solve "logistical issues" and the earned XP and relevant skill swaps depending on the village's produce. So if it's logging, a steward. If it's mining, an engineer, if it's clay a smith? Idk, it would add some dynamism together with a way to dodge dumb grind that depends directly on spawn rate (which's VERY RNG). There are plenty of such quests that depend way too much on RNG.
there's a variant on the quest that I almost forgot existed. That is when the problem is not the safety of the mine, but the workers ask for better wages. In this variant, a good steward or charismatic companion could be left to solve problems in a salary council.

I repeat, hardwood villages do not give this quest.

On a mission that improves blacksmithing, an interesting one would be the "village needs tools" that had an option of instead of buying new tools, manufacturing or repairing new ones in the village itself. And with the option of staying in the village doing it yourself or leaving a good blacksmith companion.

there's a variant on the quest that I almost forgot existed. That is when the problem is not the safety of the mine, but the workers ask for better wages. In this variant, a good steward or charismatic companion could be left to solve problems in a salary council.

I repeat, hardwood villages do not give this quest.

On a mission that improves blacksmithing, an interesting one would be the "village needs tools" that had an option of instead of buying new tools, manufacturing or repairing new ones in the village itself. And with the option of staying in the village doing it yourself or leaving a good blacksmith companion.
I don't care how it is currently, all I care about is that it's a strong suggestion that of which I wanna see in the game xD

Back
Top Bottom