Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
e1.9.0.
Branch
Beta
Modded/unmodded
Yes, but I removed mods.
Summary:
So for the last weeks I've had the issue where every menu option other than options, Credits and Exit Game have been missing.
What I've tried:
Deleting LauncherData.xml. Didn't work.
Validating steam files multiple times including after deleting LauncherData.xml. Didn't work.
Reinstalling game. Didn't work.
Deleting every save in case of corruption. Didn't work.
Making sure all the native options are checked in the launcher. All are checked.
Making sure I don't have any mods installed. All deleted.
Making sure I have no non-native plug-ins installed. None.

The weird thing is that it works when I launch it through Vortex, but not through steam so I have no clue what's causing the issue.
How to Reproduce: I don't know, I am very confused myself
Have you used cheats and if so which:Yes, I've used Money cheats, renown cheats and knock out enemies cheats
Scene Name (if related):
Media
Computer Specs:
GPU: MSI 3060Ti
GPU Driver Version:517.48
CPU: i5-11600k
RAM: 36GB
Motherboard: MSI MAG Z490 Tomahawk
Storage Device (HDD/SSD):
HDD: Seagate BarraCuda 2TB 3.5"
SSD: Kingston A2000 1TB NVMe M.2

Please try the workaround below.

Missing Menu Buttons​

If some of the buttons on the main menu are missing, you can try the workaround below to fix it:
  • Delete the “LauncherData.xml” file located at “C:\Users\YOUR USER NAME\Documents\Mount and Blade II Bannerlord\Configs". The game will create a new one when launching.
  • Please make sure that the the official modules are selected in the Launcher / Modules page.

"C:\Users\user.name\Documents\Mount and Blade II Bannerlord" This one. Anything can work. The game will create a new documents folder on the new launch afterwards.

It might related to the installed mods it seems. This workaround always worked on unmodded games.
I assume it is mod related, however I have made sure there are no remnants of the mods I had installed. I deleted all the plugins from the mods and the mods themselves, followed by a reinstall
the mod I am suspicious about is the Realm of Thrones mod or The Land of Sika

I have the same problem as the OP, and have tried all the same solutions as well as dowloading anny missing dependencies.
However, the options for a new game and loading a save in the main menu are still missing.

delete the whole bannerlord in documents folder and reinstall/verify the main game. you might've replaced some files.
it is 99% mod related whenever somebody has used mods, even when supposedly deleted. as you say it works fine using a mod launcher, so thats the issue.

try maybe uninstall vortex mod manager as well

delete the whole bannerlord in documents folder and reinstall/verify the main game. you might've replaced some files.
it is 99% mod related whenever somebody has used mods, even when supposedly deleted. as you say it works fine using a mod launcher, so thats the issue.

try maybe uninstall vortex mod manager as well
somehow that didn't work either

so while going through the files, I saw that in the Win64_Shipping_Client folder inside the bin folder of the game there are 3 different launch options. Bannerlord, Bannerlord.Native and Bannerlord_BE. the BE is the launcher of the game, but when I tried the other two (where it doesn't open the launcher) it worked fine too so I don't know if there's something wrong with the launcher or what the reason for that could be

Back
Top Bottom