Minor Graphics Problem: Anyone seen this before?

Users who are viewing this thread

The Kingdom background is shaded when I click on the Faction link. If I click on another kingdom the error corrects itself. Also, "Khergits Declare War on..." prompts have a similar glitch. It also happens when my fief is raided.

Not a game breaker but definitely annoying. Hopefully, its a common issue with a simple solution. If not...

Basic System Information:

Windows 7 64 bit

MSI Radeon HD 7850 (Display Driver ver. 14.501.1003)

Phenom IIx4 945

Asus M5A97 R2.0 Motherboard

8GB Dual Channel DDR3 1333 Corsair xms

Dell U2312HM IPS Monitor (23")

Game running at 1360 x 1024 resolution

Litany of graphic errors:

No Forest Trees

Overlapping Graphics on"Declaration of War" announcement

Overlapping Graphic on "Peace Agreement" announcement

I could add more, but thats the basic jist of the issue. In the case of missing forest after a few minutes they will appear or if I go into a city to " walk around" on exiting the city the forest graphical error resolves itself.

Update: Also, I am unable to change screen resolution via in game Options/Video tab. Any attempt to change screen resolution freezes the game. Basically, I have to close the game via the task-manager and restart the game to continue.

I had the Gamersgate version, but they decided to stop supporting it. So now I am stuck with the Steam version.

It makes no difference though, since I have experienced the same issues with both versions. Verifying the game cache didn't do anything, the same issues reoccur. I am not that familiar with Steam. I know the uninstall process is a bit different than uninstalling stand alone games on a PC.

I actually reformatted my HD and did a clean install of the OS, then reinstalled the game. I am near positive the issues aren't a malfunction in the OS. I am starting to think its my hardware or rather the the game and my hardware are incompatible. Perhaps the game is dated and has issues with new OS, new video cards, wide screen monitors etc..

I never had any real issues running the game on XP and my old set-up.

OK!!! Its solved, I think. I installed an older version of amd catlyst drivers and it mended the issue, as  per another poster with similar issue.

From Display Driver ver. 14.501.1003 to Display Driver ver. 13.251.0.0

Actually, I spoke to soon. I only achieved a partial fix. The errors that occur during the travel map, trees not rendered in forests and pitch black skies, are still present. However, the second two screenshots I posted of overlapping graphics, has been resolved by installing an older driver for my graphics card.

I have another problem now and do not know how to fix!

Everithing is lightening just like a sun everywhere.

SergeyN85 said:
I have another problem now and do not know how to fix!

Everithing is lightening just like a sun everywhere.

Like flat lighting? If so you probably have dx7 enabled, on the launch menu, press configure, go to graphics, and change it to dx9 (DirectX 9)

Back
Top Bottom