Mini map during battles

Users who are viewing this thread

Kyho

Veteran
Hi, I am sometimes a bit lost, and usually need the map to find my enemies during battle, is there anyway to activate it?

Actually I think he meant having a minimap without needing to press backspace. It would be quite useful though.  :neutral:

Kyho said:
Hi, I am sometimes a bit lost, and usually need the map to find my enemies during battle, is there anyway to activate it?

There is an option in Warband (under options) to set a targeting arrow for where the enemy are. That way you can see the direction the enemy are in (useful tip: your bots are always headed in their direction). I tend to play with that off as an 18th century soldier would have had no such map to consult in the heat of battle and one should learn to love the 'fog of war' for it is exciting, exhilarating, and neat!  :grin: 

But seriously a mini-map is a little too Total War don't you think? We're made of sterner stuff here right?  :wink:

I often seem to be the last man standing in siege battles, but there always seems an enemey to be stuck somehwere, so tought that might help getting the job done.

Temujin said:
hm, I often die quite soon in the battle by stray bullets when I'm trying to organize my volleys

I've been hit pretty quickly too usually while moving troops up to plant them in formation on some hill or spot I want them. I've developed the technique of keeping my horse in constant motion while fiddling with the keys to give orders. Stay in motion and zig zag! I've been hit less just keeping in motion.

Temujin said:
I lead my men on foot.

I despise horses

With spontoon no doubt.  :grin: Well ye take your chances then and I applaud you sir for being an officer on foot. Now I am serious about the Spontoon and you should have pistols if you're doing it correctly?

Back
Top Bottom