---------------------------
Assertion failed!

Program: C:\M&B\Mount&Blade\mount&blade.exe
File: e:\develop\mb\rgl\rglRenderer.h
Line: 1683

Expression: SUCCEEDED(hrs)

For information on how your program can cause an assertion
failure, see the Visual C++ documentation on asserts

(Press Retry to debug the application - JIT must be enabled)
Abort  Retry  Ignore 

my laptop is a windows vista home basic

processor --> Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU  T5250 @ 1.5ghz 1.50 ghz
memory (ram ) --> 1014 MB
system type --> 32 bit operating system

It seems to happen when I enter a battle, when I get attacked by bandits in a city or town, and rarely in the middle or near the end of a battle. 
anybody know how to solve it?
It comes up randomly.

Try a complete reinstall and see if it sorts it out. Check you're running it with admin privileges, and I suspect it's the kind of error you can hit ignore on and continue playing.

It's happened twice now
but whenever I download Mount & Blade after the download it tells me theres an error and I have the option to re-install, which I do but it doesn't seem to solve anything.

As for ignore, I haven't tried that option yet so I'll look into it.

thanks.

I've received this error several times while looking at NPC locations from inside my quest log...I created a fresh install of 0.951 parallel to my 0.903 install (Installed it to a different folder), created a new game, and I usually get the error while trying to track down a quest-giving NPC (ie. King Harlaus of Swadia for Tax Collection Quest, for example).

Oh, and hitting the "Ignore" option crashes the game, so it's most definitely a fatal error.  Retry also does not work.  I've started saving the game after every battle to keep from losing too much progress.

Here's my system specs:

Asus A8N32-SLI Deluxe Motherboard
AMD Athlon 64 dual core FX-60 Processor
4GB Corsair XMS memory (PC400)
XMS Geforce 8800GTX 768MB GPU, running Forceware 174.74 Beta Drivers
Razer Baracuda AC-1 7.1 Digital Surround Sound card
C:\ = Western Digital Raptor 150GB SATA II 10K RPM, Running Win XP 32 SP 2, with all current updates & drivers
D:\ = WD Caviar SE 500GB 7200RPM SATA II
E:\ = WD Caviar SE 500GB 7200RPM SATA II
F:\ = WD MyBook 320GB External Storage (e-SATA II)

Mount & Blade installed to D:\Games\Mount & Blade 0.951 Beta.  Hope that this helps in some small way.  Other than that, I'm seeing a huge decrease in load times across the board, which is nice, and large battles (Battle Sizer set at 150) run smoothly, though I do see a slight drop in framerate in the middle of huge melees...but that's to be expected with so many poly's being thrown about.

Warmest Regards,

Enth

DarghK said:
Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library
Assertion failed!

Program: C:\M&B\Mount&Blade\mount&blade.exe
File: e:\develop\mb\rgl\rglRenderer.h
Line: 1683

Expression: SUCCEEDED(hrs)

For information on how your program can cause an assertion
failure, see the Visual C++ documentation on asserts

(Press Retry to debug the application - JIT must be enabled)
Abort   Retry   Ignore   

my laptop is a windows vista home basic

processor --> Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU  T5250 @ 1.5ghz 1.50 ghz
memory (ram ) --> 1014 MB
system type --> 32 bit operating system

It seems to happen when I enter a battle, when I get attacked by bandits in a city or town, and rarely in the middle or near the end of a battle. 
anybody know how to solve it?
It comes up randomly.

We have nearly Identical lap top specs and the problem. As Enth points out it only happens to me when looking up locations as well. However I have never had a crash. I alt ctrl del and windows manager pops up I click abort and I am able to get back into the game, often at the progression point I desired. I dont get it every session though, which is odd. I did do a reinstall, still occurs but appears pretty randomly for me.

We have nearly Identical lap top specs and the problem. As Enth points out it only happens to me when looking up locations as well. However I have never had a crash. I alt ctrl del and windows manager pops up I click abort and I am able to get back into the game, often at the progression point I desired. I dont get it every session though, which is odd. I did do a reinstall, still occurs but appears pretty randomly for me.

Exact same problem here .

I get the same! At first it was only looking at locations, but now it's kinda moved onto trying to load save games (which is a bit of a hindrance :smile:). It'll load the first time or the first couple of times without error- but if you load it and the character's inexplicably bald and with the face changed the next time you try to load it'll be that error. Clicking ignore just makes it pop up again straight away, clicking any other crashes the game :sad:

Does it matter that it's on a computer without internet?

Oh and thanks for reading :smile:

I have the exact same problem - game crashes randomly with that error message.

Im not on laptop though.

System Information
------------------

Operating System: Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 2 (2600.xpsp_sp2_gdr.061219-0316)
          Language: Danish (Regional Setting: Danish)
System Manufacturer: To Be Filled By O.E.M.
      System Model: To Be Filled By O.E.M.
              BIOS: BIOS Date: 12/22/04 19:53:52 Ver: 08.00.09
          Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) 64 Processor 3000+,  MMX,  3DNow, ~1.8GHz
            Memory: 1024MB RAM
          Page File: 265MB used, 1426MB available
        Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS
    DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
    DxDiag Version: 5.03.2600.2180 32bit Unicode

Card name: NVIDIA GeForce 6600 GT

Description: Realtek AC97 Audio

Hello, i have the same problem,

Prosessor: Athlon 64 x2 dual core 4400+,mmx, 3dNow (2Cpus)
Memory: 448Mb RAM
DirectX 9.0c

But it is very random. I dodn´t suffered fro this with my old 0.901  :evil:

Still no luck?

Its a little frustration not beeing able to play.

Tell me if you would like a dxdiag

Got the error on my laptop when I tried to walk to a Lord's army. Hit retry, crashed. Opened the game again. I had talked to another Lord a little away, so I had a save there. Went to talk again...got the error again. Hit ignore, continued playing.

Just found this post after posting my own about it lol.

My specs are a bit higher, and im on a desktop.

Ignoring the error wont do anything, just keeps popping up. Havent tried reinstalling and upping to 0.952, am going to try it, full not patch.

That's a different one, but I want to know why such powerful computers are getting rendering issues, because it's alwaus the rendering for me with the (hrs) one. I really do think it's to do with play time, or the amount of rendering memory available in a certain time. Iv'e noticed I can play longer without the error starting when not viewing so many items/men. Could be a coincidence but still...

.952 has not given me the error yet so far, maybe I'm just lucky cuz I usually get one almost every time I play. 

Back
Top Bottom