melee cav needs a buff

Users who are viewing this thread

So i'm i the only one who thinks that melee cav is underwhelming like a taking a full cav charge in the rear is near to harmless yes a few will die but nothing game changing like in historical battles you could win a battle by doing that in real life. And when they do get stuck in they just die.

I also think so, they charge, and they go way 200/300 meters, then they come back and do the same, they barley engage in combat.

I also think so, they charge, and they go way 200/300 meters, then they come back and do the same, they barley engage in combat.
For me that's not the biggest problem for them. The problem is that they can't hit stuff half the time and add in to the fact that they bump into each other and get in each others way it just compounds the problem. Cavalry in Warband was super strong but in BL it's abysmal. While I hope we don't go back to cav being supreme, I do want cavalry to be useful in BL.

Yeah, because I can turn a horse on a dime and be back up to 40kmph in 3 metres to do what is my most effective attack (charge with spear or lance) to it's full capacity.

What happens in real combat when a mounted lancer decides that they want to stop in amongst a stationary unit of infantry? They get dismounted. Their horse is cut down, they are pulled from the saddle by a billhook, they are dragged from the saddle and stomped to death on their backs.

Ride through my fair cavalry, ride long, reform and recharge.

Now if you wanted a good mechanic... reforming after a charge 100metres behind the enemy line then charging again. That's what I'd like to see.

Problem is that they wield lances in bad way(aka keep them in the middle making couched lances having only like half effective range).
The Devs really need also buff charge damage from horses and separate SP balance from MP one.

Yeah, because I can turn a horse on a dime and be back up to 40kmph in 3 metres to do what is my most effective attack (charge with spear or lance) to it's full capacity.

Actually the most effective melee cavalry unit ever - winged hussars - if their charge did not broke down the enemy lines - pulled back, regrouped, took new lances and charged again :smile: They did not fight in meele vs formations of trained infrantry cause it would end up like described in @Antaeus post.
Although they rarely did not broke down enemy lines in first charge ;p (If I'm not mistaken their record is 6 or 7 man pierced in 1 lance hit - try to hold the line when you see something like that happens to your comrades standing next to you... )

the problem is the actually charge , is disorganized , most of the time they bump into each other slowing the charge , or simply they ignore the infantry formation and start chasing a horse archer , rigth now i think having too many cavalry dont worth it

yes - HA definatelly is better than melee currently
If possible I lead cavalry charge myself on first stage of battle to hit enemy HA cause if let loose alone melee seems to have no ideat what to do...

Back
Top Bottom