MEDIC???

Users who are viewing this thread

thesneakster

Grandmaster Knight
the end, of medic's at least.

Well, i'm suprised that it took them so long to make a complaint, i mean games have been useing the symbol for so long.

oh well, i wonder what we'll use now?

the needle and snake symbol?

Yeah, used by Hippocraties for his school of sourgens (back in ancient greece). IIRC (this is from my head, not wiki

No red crosses? Pah. Just use the red crescent. Or the red diamond. Or anything else that is red. INcluding the red dragon in some places, I belive.

No, if you were in war, you wouldn't paint a bright red and white symbol onto your equipment, you'd be seen from a mile off, even if you were trying to hide.

Aye, but you weren't supposed to shoot medics, although then again that rule probably gets broken everyday so it's more of a guideline.

Yeah,well, you could leace the medic, but kill the rest of the squad, since your giveing away everyone position.

Sir Prince said:
Aye, but you weren't supposed to shoot medics, although then again that rule probably gets broken everyday so it's more of a guideline.

It's part of the Geneva convention, co-incidentally the same law that protects the Red Cross copyright.

I suppose the WWII shooters could get away with it under the "historical authenticity" argument.

I dunno, I always thought that it was a bit stupid anyway. They always describe them in the manual as being futuristic nano-tech healing items of uberness (admittedly, probably to excuse the fact that you can just run over them to heal rather than spend an hour dressing and bandaging your wounds). You'd think the future scientist types would invent something cooler to distribute their godlike healing technologies in than a bloody white tin with a red cross on it.

Well,Half Life 2 and Area 51 (the new FPS one,not the old rail-shooter!:smile:) had this thingie.With all the green juice in a syringe.

Field Medics also wore the Red Cross to identify themselves. Originally they were supposed to be unarmed non combatants, hence covered by the Geneva Convention (it was a violation to shoot at them). Wasn't till near the end of WWII that they started giving them guns (so they could no longer wear the Red Cross since they were actual combatants). In theory though an unarmed battlefield medic today would still be protected by the convention, and entitled to wear the Red Cross.

-+- - Improved version

The red cross should be happy about it - people are happy when they see the cross, thinking "yay! I'm saved!"

Aryndil said:
Would translate well to the real world.

"YAY! A medic! Doc, shoot me up with some syringe, I took a shotgun shot in my stomach!"

"Throw one of them red cross bags at me, I lost my arm!"

Thanks,I never laughed so well for a month.Here's my contribution:

-Hey Doc!Revive me with a fibrilator to FULL HEALTH,I just got a headshot from an Abrams Tank!Then kill the enemy with it too!

I suppose since you could start getting first aid kits THROWN at you, the red cross has seen many more head and body injuries.

Back
Top Bottom