[MEDIA] Prophesy of Pendor Screenshots

Users who are viewing this thread

Routed enemies from Warlord Zulkar's party decided to join Noldors.
UNhyV.jpg

I'd like to dedicate this screenshot to everyone who has morale problems due to party size (as I've seen quite a bit of complaints) :mrgreen:
E3F4EA9227B75388D9DF26558342C6D4FDAC5B11
Basically in theory I could field another 200 units in my party, with morale remaining at 'Excellent'. And if I don't have any problems whatsoever feeding an army of 600 as long as I want to (notice that "Recent Events = 0", meaning that I haven't fought in a while), then I doubt an extra 200 would make any difference.

What I usually do:
- reach 10 points in Leadership and Inventory Management as soon as you can (you'll need the space to be able to take and keep loot as well)
- have every kind of food, without exception. Try keeping:
---- 6 instances of Olives, Date Fruits and Grapes (the ones with smaller stacks)
---- 3 of everything else (baggage trains are not necessarily needed)
- restock food in every village and town that comes down my way during my travels -> even in times of war, you got enemy villages still accessible. Or you can even try breaking into towns towards the end-game (when you are powerful enough)
==>> a bit of micro and grind, but overall it's worth it if you want to roll with relatively big party sizes

Savigo said:

Routed Jatu 1: OhmygodOmygodOmygod!! Where can we go?

Routed Jatu 2: How about Elacrai? It's close!

Routed Jatu 3: Sounds good! What could possibly go wrong?

[time passes]

Elacrai sentinals: [TWANG!] [TWANG!] [TWANG!] ...  :twisted:

Savigo said:
UNhyV.jpg
Wow, I haven't even noticed this until now... A wise decision! :iamamoron:

=========================

@Arnulf Floyd: what are those fps ratings?! I mean you've said that you can't run PoP v3.9 on higher graphical settings :razz: With that refresh rate in battles?

Gorvex said:
restock food in every village and town that comes down my way during my travels -> even in times of war, you got enemy villages still accessible. Or you can even try breaking into towns towards the end-game (when you are powerful enough)
==>> a bit of micro and grind, but overall it's worth it if you want to roll with relatively big party sizes
Fielding a large army is all about keeping your micro game up when it comes to food and inventory space. The vast majority of all inventory space needs to be reserved for food and the key is to keep replenishing said food. I find the easiest way is like you said, simply hit every town/village that is within a reasonable distance along the way to your destination. You will run into villages that do not have any food but it's still worth checking to keep topped off. Getting rid of rotten food so it does not waste space is also important.

Akesh the Cursed said:
Gorvex said:
restock food in every village and town that comes down my way during my travels -> even in times of war, you got enemy villages still accessible. Or you can even try breaking into towns towards the end-game (when you are powerful enough)
Fielding a large army is all about keeping your micro game up when it comes to food and inventory space. The vast majority of all inventory space needs to be reserved for food and the key is to keep replenishing said food. I find the easiest way is like you said, simply hit every town/village that is within a reasonable distance along the way to your destination. You will run into villages that do not have any food but it's still worth checking to keep topped off. Getting rid of rotten food so it does not waste space is also important.

FWIW, when leading a huge army, I have the non-perishable foods (grain, bread, etc.) 3 across using the bottom inventory rows. Ummm .... Grapes, Olives, Dates, Honey, Butter, Sausages, Dried Meat, Cheese, Smoked Fish, Fruit, Cabbage, Bread, and Grain at the bottom. When the leftmost box is empty, I look for a refill (... except for Grapes, Olives and Dates ... the guys chow through those so fast, I just grab 'em when I see them.) :razz:
This is pretty late game when I have lots of $$ and can spare inventory space. Earlier on, I only have 2 of each. :neutral:
I will also keep a siege train in the mix. I suppose all I really need is the siege train, but I like to think my troops appreciate the extra effort to provide a lot of variety. :mrgreen:
Having 3 across usually means I can pull of a siege before I totally run out. :mrgreen:

hGecht4.jpg

Jyyoqxd.jpg

Cv4kaLZ.jpg

”I am a wealthy honorless lady without castle and knightly order” :lol: :lol: :lol:

@Gorvex

I running Pendor 3.9.1 on lowest video setting and 300 battlesize, but I set max FPS to 999 what causing unsurprisingly high FPS rate, in sieges not drop below 60-70 because many soldiers

@Arnulf Floyd: Oh I see. But why the unnecessarily high FPS rates? That way, fps drops (stutters) are much more noticeable... Also, the differences become quite hard to notice after 120 fps. And 60 imo is plenty enough for a good experience. Furthermore, I'm content with 30 fps as well in performance-demanding games like Mount and Blade Warband.

As for your progress, don't worry, you can only become better if you'll continue playing with Warband in general :razz:

Thanks Gorvex for your kind words, I have learned with Pendor so much things and I have achievements of competent aide, battle master and Bane of Veijoyis, my warchest is stable because I sell all captured equipment. I've see epic battles and aieges. I like voice-acted lines which give soul to atmosphere

2 Redone Helmets for v3.9.2 with 2 variants with plumes that have their own unique animation when a NPC or player moves!
(Bottom two have spec maps, I just made it so it doesn't look incredibly shiny like the first picture)
The texture will better fit k0nr@d's other armors!

Capture2.PNG

Capture.PNG

Capture1.PNG

Seems like you are doing nicely now :smile: Whenever you can, try to figure out / estimate what your party is capable of at the given state, and choose your battles accordingly :wink:

Back
Top Bottom