• I like it as it is

Votes: 18 38.3%
  • Needs to be weakend

Votes: 22 46.8%
  • Should be removed completely

Votes: 7 14.9%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

One option is to have the majority of the casualties you take be injuries, so that you can keep the troops if you win the battle but you don't get to fight the siege with them.

A better option would be to have a fight to get in. This could be made easier if the castle has a hidden entrance meaning you don't need to go through the main gate. I really like this option as it brings an alternative tactical situation. You are not trying to kill everyone, just enough of them to break through the lines. Waiting until night time seems sensible.

I'd also like this expanded so you could do this to try to deliver supplies to a starving garrison.

Since in medieval times almost all wars were waged almost only around sieges there should be depth to ingame sieges and many options how to proceed.

Thing is sieges were also very, very boring. They still were scary as hell but you mostly sat around starving or dieing of dysentry. A siege ended by storm was a very rare, bloody ocurrence but since it is the fun part for the game, that will be what we get.

So overall the history argument does not help much there.

70h and I defended only one siege too. And was fun. I killed 478 soldiers and got my bow skills up to 80.

But the current system MAKES SENSE. That is what sieges are. You can not enter the castle without facing the besieger. Please TW, don't change anything.

Notwithstanding, here are some suggestions which would improve gameplay (without being nonsensical):

1) Add a system that allows the player to get a warning about parties walking on ally territory and the general direction they are going. The time until they arrive at destination should be enough to the player get inside a city/castle if he is relatively near the place.

2) Add a system that allows the player to enter alone in the besieged castle/city using sneak skills (secret passage/going through the sewer etc.). That way he can fight the battle without losing his troops.

3) When attacking the besieger from outside, the troops inside the castle/city should go out to join the fight. This makes sense.

4) The food system is breaking the game because it is impossible to get a surplus due to constant fighting. What is happening is as follows: we stop caring about villages and castles, because we would have to be in its vicinity all the time just to get a surplus.

5) Lower the state of CONSTANT warfare. The game is getting borings because I am fighting 90% of the time (and it is giving me tendonitis). I want to play the role of a king a little bit. I want to manage finances, I want to take care of my villages and other things not related to warfare. But I can't. The AI doesn't stop to wage wars.

6) When geography allows, we should be able to attack a castle/city from all directions. We should be able to set small attacking forces with ladders from 360°. This would scatter the defender on the walls, as should occur in reality.

7) We should be able to attack nearby parties with part of our forces WITHOUT breaking the siege. For example: we should get a slider to separate the forces, going one part of it attack the energy nearby and part keep the siege going. If you keep an insufficient amount of troops sieging, the defenders in the castle sally out and break the siege (This make sense).

Ps: Sorry for my english. I am learning yet.

117 hours played, lost count of how many castles/towns I've besieged. Defended, I know it's zero, simply because it makes a whole lot more sense to have a field battle outside the castle so I don't lose half my men, and then the rest of them die in the siege due to being heavily outnumbered.
Trying to break into a castle to defend it is suicide atm and serves no purpose

I think they should keep this while also adding an option that when besiegers launch their assault on castle u imidietly get a two options to choose from. If u wanna fight siege as one of the troops garrisoned inside the castle or just let it be auto resolved. I think this is the best solution so u can still olay def siege battles.

Back
Top Bottom