March 30th is coming up. Happy 2 years on Steam!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Cquarto91

Knight at Arms
FOYVVNZXsAELwoj
I don't know if there will be an announcement of future features, road map, or dev blog. Thank you for the game even though it lacks some features of Warband, but it looks like the modders are already putting them in. Looking forward to Shokuho and Man o' war.

Last edited:
Yes, i'm still playing BL 2 years later ... one of the Few ...

Yes, WB is alot older with many great add ons, just like BL will be after official release .. lets get that OR ASAP.

Last edited:
Now we are reaching 2 years in early access, I would like to see TW do an update to their Future Plans post, as many of the things on there have been completed.

In particular I'd like to see a statement on missing features that were in Warband but aren't in Bannerlord, or features which were advertised to be part of Bannerlord before Early Access but are still not in yet.

- nobles visiting the player's kingdom hall when they wish to strike a defection bargain (WB), or some equivalent feature that makes it easier to get in contact with nobles
- Feasts (WB)
- minor faction bases (advertised pre-EA)
- manhunters + deserters (WB)
- player-owned alley criminal enterprises (advertised pre and post-EA)
- skill books (WB) or an equivalent like skill trainers
- surprise attacks by bandits/drunks in town (WB)
- noble duels (WB)
- fighting your way out after failing to sneak into a town (WB)

These things are important as (combined with fixing existing features) they would make Bannerlord into a good, fun sequel that fulfils all its promises/created expectations.

Now we are reaching 2 years in early access, I would like to see TW do an update to their Future Plans post, as many of the things on there have been completed.

In particular I'd like to see a statement on missing features that were in Warband but aren't in Bannerlord, or features which were advertised to be part of Bannerlord before Early Access but are still not in yet.

- nobles visiting the player's kingdom hall when they wish to strike a defection bargain (WB), or some equivalent feature that makes it easier to get in contact with nobles
- Feasts (WB)
- minor faction bases (advertised pre-EA)
- manhunters + deserters (WB)
- player-owned alley criminal enterprises (advertised pre and post-EA)
- skill books (WB) or an equivalent like skill trainers
- surprise attacks by bandits/drunks in town (WB)
- noble duels (WB)
- fighting your way out after failing to sneak into a town (WB)

These things are important as (combined with fixing existing features) they would make Bannerlord into a good, fun sequel that fulfils all its promises/created expectations.
Yeah I miss so much of this actually, most of these could have been expanded. Imagine if you as a lord get random assassinations attempts and you wake up at night to beat the **** out of hired assassins, maybe derive into a mission to find whoever is trying to kill you/family member. Just imagining stuff here, but you get the point. And noble duels was so much fun, ****ing up relationships between a lady and a lord for my own selfish decisions and then getting dunked by the lady was such an immersive event lmao. And making enemies in your own faction was fun too, it's like you belong to this faction but some people consider your a massive douchebag, this are the kind of things that could end up in a civil war if it had been expanded here. Honestly, I expected all of this in the base game, what a shame

Yes, i'm still playing BL 2 years later ... one of the Few ...

Yes, WB is alot older with many great add ons, just like BL will be after official release .. lets get that OR ASAP.

Few?

Games got a higher average daily player count then Warhammer 3, Crusader Kings 3 or Dying Light 2. It's had a consistent 20k+ players now for 2 years; it's a very healthy game. On average gathering over twice the player-count Warband did during its height.

I know this forum loves to blast Bannerlord - but the playercount is genuinely fine (and the game isn't even technically released yet).

And since that first Bannerlord day ''testing''. :smile:
One aspect clear if Bannerlord will be official released... in a more stable version, then real great mods will be first possible to make. Momentary it seems if folks work on total overhauls they can only work on graphics not so much on game mechanisms. And so it would be quite nonsense working now on entire changes because next bigger update nearly all work was in vain.

Would be nice if they kept a lot of features from warband that made the game great and, with bannelord, they'll expand on it, and then add new features, not the other way round...

I don't think we'll see any statement about those things, sadly...
They just won't add for some obscure reason.

I would be happy with dialogues gettin some love.. It's not much to ask, but the way things are going it is much to ask apparently
I've reinstalled 1.7.2, and while there are improvements, I still miss the "soul" that should be there... There are a lot of lords and a lot of cities but nothing to do in the cities or with lords besides constant fighting.. And before someone says "hear ye, you can go to the taver and ask the tavernkeeper for wanderer's..." i know that... it baffles me, because although it's a nice addition, it is soooooooo little.. it's not even close to enough... but that's me

Edit: here's hoping that they will make a complete overhaul on dialogues before release...

thank you Taleworlds for this amazing game
thanks for not chasing current trends and making a wonderfull transaction-free game.
would have bought this game even for 80$, don't know why some say this game isn't worth it's price

But they still say it´s "around one year in EA", how is this possible?

For real:

Thanks to all devs, the ones that are still working for TW and the one that left. TW you did a good job! Nobody thought a small indie dev company could become the next EA. Well done! I´m already hyped about the Space Game!

Few?

Games got a higher average daily player count then Warhammer 3, Crusader Kings 3 or Dying Light 2. It's had a consistent 20k+ players now for 2 years; it's a very healthy game. On average gathering over twice the player-count Warband did during its height.

I know this forum loves to blast Bannerlord - but the playercount is genuinely fine (and the game isn't even technically released yet).

Last time i looked on Steam, bannerlords players had collapsed from release numbers .. Maybe i need to recheck.. :grin:

Two years later, the game was unable to escape early access and the Dedicated Server did not appear. It's sad.

Last time i looked on Steam, bannerlords players had collapsed from release numbers .. Maybe i need to recheck.. :grin:

None of the games he mentioned got a lower average daily player count than Bannerlord on Steam, neither is the consistency of 20k players per month true, right now its decline got to 13k. Also, bannerlord is the only game from the ones mentioned by him that only exists on Steam, the other three games got a higher player count on Steam charts and are also played on other platforms, so his comment is really butter.
Or maybe he got his numbers from somewhere else, I looked them up on steamcharts.

Also the times Bannerlord actually hit 20k avg players are very rare, let's say a 15k average is much more realistic but still may be too much.

None of the games he mentioned got a lower average daily player count than Bannerlord on Steam, neither is the consistency of 20k players per month true, right now its decline got to 13k. Also, bannerlord is the only game from the ones mentioned by him that only exists on Steam, the other three games got a higher player count on Steam charts and are also played on other platforms, so his comment is really butter.
Or maybe he got his numbers from somewhere else, I looked them up on steamcharts.

Also the times Bannerlord actually hit 20k avg players are very rare, let's say a 15k average is much more realistic but still may be too much.
kLjMVSA.png

jTrYXCs.png

A9pYKnB.png

FXZ6VET.png

PxsCx4G.png

CK3 just got a DLC which spiked it's 30 day count. Bannerlord is also played on other platforms;

r35gdg4prcz11.jpg

See this is what annoys me about modern forums. Even 30 seconds of fact checking and would have realised the errors in your statement.

Last edited:
Last 30 days:
BN: https://steamcharts.com/app/261550 Avg Players 13,183.6
CK3: https://steamcharts.com/app/1158310 Avg Players 17,491.2
DL2: https://steamcharts.com/app/534380 Avg Players 18,591.7
WH3: https://steamcharts.com/app/1142710 Avg Players 28,234.9

You were talking about Avg Players, right ? Because I don't know what numbers you just posted, but I can't find them.

Also, you can have your Apology if that's what you're looking for, I don't even know why I tried to correct someone on this forum in the first place.

Wish you all the best, also, please leave a link to your numbers, so I can understand which chart you are talking about :smile:

Last 30 days:
BN: https://steamcharts.com/app/261550 Avg Players 13,183.6
CK3: https://steamcharts.com/app/1158310 Avg Players 17,491.2
DL2: https://steamcharts.com/app/534380 Avg Players 18,591.7
WH3: https://steamcharts.com/app/1142710 Avg Players 28,234.9

You were talking about Avg Players, right ? Because I don't know what numbers you just posted, but I can't find them.

Also, you can have your Apology if that's what you're looking for, I don't even know why I tried to correct someone on this forum in the first place.

Wish you all the best, also, please leave a link to your numbers, so I can understand which chart you are talking about :smile:
Not the 30 day figure!! One of those games only came out 30 days ago; and Ck3 just got a major expansion (also last month)! I'll admit CK3 is much closer then I realised to Bannerlord - but given that is a newer game by a bigger developer that is highly rated that's not exactly bad going.

However...what was that nonsense about Bannerlord only being available on steam?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom