MAP!

Users who are viewing this thread

I see. That was why he said it. Hehehe.
I thought it looked weird and wanted me to change it. Anyway now I'm making a map 20 times bigger than this. I have just begun. When I finished the map will show you the result. At the moment an image: (first post).

Sweet jesus, that's massive! (That's what she said)

No offence mate, but that's a bit extreme. I think cutting out the Sahara desert is a must, since it's inhospitable. Good map skills, looks amazing.

leandrojas_ said:
I see. That was why he said it. Hehehe.
I thought it looked weird and wanted me to change it. Anyway now I'm making a map 20 times bigger than this.

20 times? Surely you overstate, but by how much. there's also limits to the map size and such.

I think the ideal map for the mod would be something like this:

ideal.jpg

its a tilted map which knocks out alot of the sahara, northern europe, and includes more of Egypt, Mesopotamia, and Armenia.

If twenty times. But the map you show there is the map finished. That now I'm working on is twenty times larger. (Still not finished)

This is the current map: (Already completed)

This is an example of how big will the new map. Here is a small sample of as work progresses:

or here: http://www.subirimagenes.com/imagen-newcompcalrawb-5113855.html

Maybe you do not see clearly but there, in the midst of all, are the cities of calradia.

Sorry if I do so wrong to express.
My English is not very good.
:oops:

have you tried starting up the game with that new map? Curious if it will start up.

I guess if you didnt make the poly density too much it should.

Then do not work?
I'll fix it as soon as possible ... is strange to me works fine ...
The map takes a long time to boot. Not much but delay. But to me it works well ...
I know the reason for this:
Map.txt file. It contains approximately 800,000 lines. This is why I did it with the editor of Thorgrim. That is not optimized in this field.
So that takes less to load the map would have to compress the lines.
I do not think I explained well. So, an example will be better:

So is the current map (simple example):

So that takes less to load the map would have to be so:
1      2      3      4      5      6      7      8      9      10      ...     

I hope I explained well. The map works for me, slow to load but it works in the game.

ealabor said:
um...

No, I was asking if the new one would start up, im not saying it didnt.

Question answered in that case I guess, although he mentions it's a bit slow to load.

Still, never hurts learning something new....even if you didn't ask for it...I suppose..... :???:

I see, I was confused. Effects of sleep deprivation.
If I tried the new map. It has double the polygons that old but loads and runs properly. Although I have not tested as it should. Although not finished I play a fifty-day trial.
If this would not work will have been in vain. If it is having problems.

P/D: My English is bad... I must improve. :oops:

yea.. the previous one would slow the game to a halt..

I will try the new one when it is ready for DL.

Good work btw.

Alright im deciding to go with this map.

i've refined it by chopping off unused area, thereby eliminating alot of vertices which should save time on loading.

newmap-4.jpg

I always wanted to put mesopotamia in, and with this it will be so.

This also means Armenia in, and area north of that which could make for a few future factions including armenia, and some sort of other Scythian/ Aryan horseman faction north of them, which would be separate from Sarmatia and Scythia Minor.

I may end up chopping off N of map a bit as well.

er.. this map is actually smaller scale wise. Just more polygon density.

You interested in making a custom map for the mod?  I could use something inbetween

(hopefully that translates)

Maybe you need this:
http://www.mediafire.com/?vw9xd2y8yshsd25

It is the section you need. And bigger.
Tell me if you need something else.

*SPQR
This map had thought it for you.
I hope you will not be a nuisance that I share here with everyone.
Anyway when I finish my new map (the biggest) will share with you.*

This is the same map (first post)
But much bigger. Well I think two times bigger:
http://www.mediafire.com/?f2ax61prx3svgd4

lol..

Leandrojas,

You do some amazing work.. :wink:

A wonderful contribution for both the community and the Hegemony mod.  :smile: thank you.

Back
Top Bottom