Map making? Piece of cake! [tutorial]

Users who are viewing this thread

I have a question, why the water on my map does not kill characters? And yet, as I remember, early on the map Mountains, the fall from the bridge causing instant death in the air. Is it possible to create it using mapeditor?

Hey, could this be updated perchance? I need to know how to edit without pasting over a map currently on the module, preferably starting from scratch.

mcwiggum said:
Hey, could this be updated perchance? I need to know how to edit without pasting over a map currently on the module, preferably starting from scratch.

+1

Help a fellow helper out.

mcwiggum said:

Well, what I do is have a scening mod folder (eg. "Deluge - scening") from which I just delete the .sco files (in the "SceneObj" folder) and then modify (or not, depending on need) the terrain code in the "scenes" .txt file.
Beyond that the only way to do this would be to add a new scene which can't be done without fully changing the mod, so that's kind of out of the question. Hope this helps :smile:

It will be updated soon.

As for adding your own maps, it's very simple, since there's like 50 empty maps in the mod and you just have to unlock them - in "The Deluge\languages\en" folder (or "pl" if you use polish version) create a new TXT file and change it's extension to CSV. Lets say you will use the map with number 80, so you will name the file "scene_80.csv" and you just need to add few string to the file to get the map working:

str_map_80_name|
str_map_80_gametype_flags|
str_map_80_flags|

The first string is for the map name. The second string is for the supported game modes and the third is for map flags (scripts). Sample map strings should look like this:

str_map_80_name|My New Fancy Map
str_map_80_gametype_flags|D|DM|TDM|BATTLE|INV|CTF|HQ
str_map_80_flags|SND_TOWN|DROWN|NO_HORSES

Gametypes should be separated with "|" sign, and only the following can be used:
D = duel
DM = deathmatch
TDM = team deathmatch
BATTLE
SIEGE
INV = invasion
CTF = capture the flag
WARFARE = organized warfare
HQ = headquarters (domination)
SQL = squad leaders
or
ALL = for all of the above

or
SEA = sea battles
SEA2 = sea battles (captains)

Map flags (scripts) should also be separated with "|" sign, and only the following flags can be used:

(sound sets - pick only one)
SND_PLAINS = sound set for plains
SND_FOREST = sound set for forests
SND_VILLAGE = sound set for villages
SND_TOWN = sound set for towns

(other scripts)
DROWN = if your map needs drowning and water-destroying cartridges scripts
NO_HORSES = no horses will be allowed on map
NO_WEAPONS = players will spawn without weapons (you'll have to place the weapons on the map)
NO_ARMOR = players will spawn without armor (not sure if it's working yet)

Here is an invasion/siege map i'm working on:

2i892z9.jpg

20jjviv.jpg

Here's the finished map, with AI mesh included and tested.

Overview
16beubq.jpg

Fort
ws75v.jpg

Attacker spawn
25pqnvn.jpg

Fun with bots
33u7586.jpg
2niup1x.jpg

Back
Top Bottom