(MAP) Exodus Atoll

Users who are viewing this thread

Ramaraunt

Welcome to Exodus Atoll, your final destination. Slightly north of the Archipelago of Yore, this island is full of various cultures that are at each other's throats. From times before the Calradic Empire even existed, the island was inhabited by a tribe of peoples that used primitive stone tools, and worshiped a circle of 5 stones still found on the island. During the fall of the Calradic Empire, a group of Rhodocks wishing to seek refuge from war settled on the island and killed all of its native inhabitants. About a hundred years later, clan Hallbjorn from the Nordlands invaded the island and built the great hall of Kildevact. The Rhodocks fled their original castle and built a new one further down the island. Soon, a group of Makerist monks from Calradia formed the Abbey of Saint Micheal in the northeastern part of the island. They became well known far around for there advanced smithing techniques, and many nobles from Calradia and Georia still travel to the island to buy weapons and armor from their smiths. During the Rhodock civil war, the Swadian house of Mone fled the figthing and built a mighty castle, which eventually became a city and the most significant trade port in the island.

As a side note, the atoll contains a swamp that is home to the rare species of "Froi muskrats." They are very illusive and rarely come out of their dens.

The map is designed to have 3 holds and a monestary. This is an HCRP (Hard Core Role Play) map, so I recommend its used on servers with an HCRP ruleset. I covered the map with numerous role play areas. The map is also covered with many solid character models in shops and the like, so players can RP talking with them. Commoners and Outlaws spawn in special spawn rooms, which contain teleport doors that allow them to choose which of the 3 holds they want to start out in.

You are free to use this map for whatever you want, as long as you give credit to Ramaraunt as the original creator. I'd like it if you gave me copies of your remixes for me to post in this thread, but I don't require it. Your welcome PW community :grin:.

Videos:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RutM4folq_E&list=PLxC7bOUykkNnwLbSBPYrXEqv_WZrgXLNB

Screenshots:
JaoCMA3.jpg

w1SybNz.jpg

73YwfMh.jpg

aXD90pe.jpg

jwuxAqA.jpg

w01I7hy.jpg

QzGzKnF.jpg

9i8hiIm.jpg

nIZZ42F.jpg

kWTCWNf.jpg

BASIC TEMPLATE VERSION V1.5

This version of the map has no factions, classes, or spawns, which makes it easy for server owners to customize.
Download Link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/rmqr88dht4oz21d/scn_scene_4.sco?dl=0
Paste into Scenes.txt:

Code:
scn_scene_4 scene_4 256 none none 0.000000 0.000000 100.000000 100.000000 -100.000000 0x0000000230000500000d2348000068060000550700002c86 
 sea_outer_terain_2
Name SceneObj File:

scn_scene_4.sco

Size: 770kb

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: The spawn rooms for commoners and outlaws are underneath the nordic hold (In the forest), if you want to use them. One of the doors in the commoner spawn room leads to an invisible box floating at z1000 above the town square, allowing players to view the map from above. AI barriers have been placed around cow pens in order to keep cows from getting out, and to prevent horses from getting stuck inside. There are many taverns around the map protected by invisible barriers and enterable only by teleport doors. I recommend you set the teleport doors to be locked only to members of the faction that owns the nearest castle, so the faction can control the tavern. This is meant for servers with hunger enabled. There is a single bank located in the main town, but it is not codded since that depends on the server side code. I recommend you set the iron doors around the fighting pit in the town square to be locked to town watch, so they can control the fights and prevent players from trolling them. The castles are designed to be hard to siege, which I think is good since this is HCRP. If you don't like this it is easy to make them easier to siege by making siege ladders permanent or replacing porticluses with bash doors. The monestary faction has the best weapons and armor, and is the hardest to siege. I recommend you give them low combat classes for balance reasons, maybe max crossbowman. I recommend you give every other faction Sargent and man-at-arms. I recommend giving brigand and ruffian classes to both outlaws and commoners ONLY, causing them to be the only groups that lock-pick decently. Since the dungeons for the TW and the castle owning faction are shared, I reccomend that your server rules state that the TW is subservient to the town owning faction, or you cause the TW HQ to just be a second base for the town owning faction. The city is designed to be sieged starting from the outer walls, so I reccomend your server has rules stating that noncombatants should evacuate the streets during a war to avoid confusion.

PLEASE CONTACT ME IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS.

Become an admin and you can get one! Also usable if you go into edit mode and press f11.

Template version has been released!  I appreciate people testing it for bugs! Tell me what you think!

Repairs made! V1.1 Released! Changes:

• Removed stones from swamp since stones sink in swamps
  • Added a teleport door that I forgot
  • Added some doors to the training area in the town square, to be locked by use of town watch
  • Added a floating box for people to view the map from above, accessible from the commoner spawn room
  • Added a merchant to the swadian/rhodock goods store in the town
  • Fixed a bug in the tavern where players can get stuck (same as one found in arch of yore map)
  • Patched a hole that allowed players to clip through the town streets under the map
  • Added banners to the commoner and outlaw spawn rooms to help players know which door goes where

Big box in sky seems OP.  Factions can have commoner spies up there watching enemy troop movements.

You should add muskrat den things to the swamp as a replacement for the stones!

If a server owner doesn't want the box its easy to remove.

Muskrat den hmmmmm.

V1.2 RELEASED!

Features:
  • Muskrat dens in the swamps
  • Fishing hut in the swamps
  • Lore updated to explain Froi muskrats

V1.3 RELEASED!

• A guard station for town watch was added at the city gates.
  • Another guard station was added at the entrance to the castle.

Please tell me if you have any other ideas for this map! After a few days I'll move on to release my recommended version, which contains factions, classes, and spawns!

I'm thinking about everything else this map could use. One thing that would be nice is a salt mine in the swamps, for the fisherman Any ideas for role play? Please say so.

Since I'm the founder of the bloodwines I just HAAADDDD to do this sorry

http://imgur.com/a/bAbeR

V1.4 Released!

• Added wine production to the main town
  • Smoothed some jagged terrain to make it more natural
  • Added a secret Bloodwine headquarters.
  • Added a confessional to the church, and decorated it with more items

I think I'll make this the final version, unless someone else can tell me another idea to add...

After complaints of fps lag, I think it would be a good idea to tidy up the map a bit before I stop doing updates. Wont be hard, I just have to delete unnecessary decorations across the map. There are lots of them!

Back
Top Bottom