Making use of the Bots that can't shoot

Users who are viewing this thread

TheMadJester

Veteran
NAZI ZOMBIES!

Why not? The engine doesn't allow bots to shoot, so add a faction with a bit of rotten flesh, tattered uniforms, and some sound effects with some very grubby hands that make every effort to hunt its prey.

The players vs bots server is fun, the use of the machine guns and grenades are great ( when the bot faction doesn't have 10 players sniping the defenders D:< ) so please enlighten me how this idea would be stupid or impossible.

I know its quite out of character, but the ideal is a very fun one.

Not true, in the siege mode I played with bots vs players, they all charged and got past defenses, and they all have bayonets equipped to stab with as well. With high numbers and fast spawn they can overwhelm you surprisingly quickly. Sure its all easy when you got a gun, but the real problems start when you shoot off your last bullet.

Do you know why bots are unable to open fire in IE? I know that they work perfectly in vanila NW and battles with bots are quite popular.

Anyone aware if there are any plans to fix this?

Two light machine guns and a box of ammunition will deter any number of bots. The only chance for bots is a help from players ... Snipers.  :wink:

I can agree, but most of the time when I play on the server, the teams are equal in players, if the bots don't have more people.

The Rifles in Iron Europe use a custom Bolt-Action Script which is as of yet not compatible with the hard-coded AI. But still, I find your Idea NOT stupid, in fact it would be Awesome.

Especially with the bleeding mechanic that "marks you for death" once you get "bitten" and all that goodness... They should just make some quick adjustments there.

Sounds SCHWEET.

yes. darker more grimy and perhaps a little bit of fog rain and lightning to add to the atmosphere. the only thing though i find is that the bots tend to get stuck in the trenches a lot. Maybe some sort of map that's a trench maze with lots of underground bunkers and things of the like with no possibility to get out of the trench. That way as you move around Zombie bots will sneak up on you if you don't methodically clear each part of the trench with your teammates. 

I wish I knew how to work with the module system, so I can remove the new coding so that the bots can shoot. Playing by myself of course.

Back
Top Bottom