Making Lords killable?

Users who are viewing this thread

Derra

Veteran
I recall playing some mods in vanilla where you could die and kill Lords. Since Warband I haven't seen any mod with this feature. Is it possible to do it in Warband? And if yes, how? Is there already a feature for this in Warband?

Thanks in advance and sorry anything.

I've often wondered about this. On one hand it seems good to be able to kill and be killed, but on the other, with the frequency of battles that AI lords get in, they would surely die off pretty quick. Without some way of spawning new AI lords, the AI factions would soon be completely out of lords. Or/and when nearly so, the might fall into their SOP of hiding in their castle when they are near defeat. So... maybe nots good unless you can make a way of spawning new lords, which in the end is not really that different from just not killing them in the first place.

I implemented permadeath for lords and companions on my mod. Actually it's just script to remove them from the party,  prevent them being respawned again and update the troop note. The message on the battle when they're down still 'knocked down', not 'killed'.

Yes, implementing permadeath for lords can make the game run out lords. I made the chance for lords being killed about 5% (depend on their ironflesh skill and their luck), but still there are several lords 'killed' in the first month of game time. As Warband let us rename troops, we can reuse the troop id of death lords for new replacement lords, but as there's family relation slots on WB, we should re-initiate the slots for the new lords and death lords' family. Using death lord's troop Id for new lords also can produce issues on game log. Any log about what the death lords have done in the past, will be assigned to the new lords. So I choose not to respawn replacement lords.

Back
Top Bottom