make you own empire kingdom in fire and sword feature removed ?

Users who are viewing this thread

midn8t

Recruit
here is one link I know iv seen alot more web pages like this even on steam here befor they took it down and even on talesword own web page I seen, it advertised that you could creat your own empire aka kingdom.

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/content.php?520-Mount-Blade-With-Fire-and-Sword-Released-Today-launch-trailer-demo

"The Era of Firearms has Arrived, Prepare for Battle in Eastern Europe’s Bloodiest Tale Yet
Take up arms, hire mercenaries, and build your own empire—the world is what you make of it. Paradox Interactive today announced that highly anticipated open-world sandbox RPG Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword has officially launched and is now available on all leading digital distribution platforms for $14.99. To celebrate, a launch trailer and the demo has been released!"

I think the feature got dumped or was marketed for a while and  then was never intetend to make it into the game but like i said I know I see those words befor build your own empire just like in warband build your own empire means kingdom so to me I think when you say that you suppose be able to start your own empire faction and iv seen it advertise on alot of the retail webpages and places like steam for while till they removed that part from there marketing of the product.

I don't think that necessarily has anything to do with the feature being taken out. You can still become a ruler if you do one of the main missions, you create a rebel kingdom and can eventually become king/tsar of one the factions. So.....that description is technically correct.

Iboltax said:
I don't think that necessarily has anything to do with the feature being taken out. You can still become a ruler if you do one of the main missions, you create a rebel kingdom and can eventually become king/tsar of one the factions. So.....that description is technically correct.

it dose not say take over a empire, it says build an empire in my mind building something and taking over something are two diffrent things totaly and to take over or over throw an empire is not something needs to be commented or marketed becuase that was just something that was standarded in every mount and blade game.

and its not really you taking over you talk to a kings borthere in law for example and decide to take up there cuase to over throw some empre with them and then you place them in charge thats not really building your own..

building your own is like in warband where you cut out and build your own empire and then name it.

One of the main reasons probably is because it was originally developed for MB, not Warband.

I can't even marry my own Swedish lady. :sad:

midn8t said:
Iboltax said:

it dose not say take over a empire, it says build an empire in my mind building something and taking over something are two diffrent things totaly.

Well, once you take over and then mold your country to your liking and take over other states, that's essentially building an empire. As in, taking something from not being an empire to being one.

Although I agree with you in principle, its misleading and its not unreasonable to assume that features which were in previous games would be left in tact unless there is a good reason for it.

Babaganoush said:
One of the main reasons probably is because it was originally developed for MB, not Warband.

yah I do not belive the hype that they made this game with the warband game engine at all.

midn8t said:
Babaganoush said:

yah I do not belive the hype that they made this game with the warband game engine at all.
*sigh*
It may be that they only added parts of the Warband engine, and left out some of it.
For instance, the combat engine is obviously Warband's. The singleplayer campaign scripts however, might not be.

I got mount and blade and warband and fire and sword and be honest I do not see any of the game mechines in warband - in fire and sword. othere then maybe gfxs but gfxs are better then warband so thats not even true 100%

even the AI recuriting is a step back wards to back to way they did in mount and blade not way its done in warband in warband AI could recurit and level up units in mount and blade it didnt happen in fire and sword AI cant recurit and level it just cheats and gets units it seems.

I just dont see any warband game mechianics in fire and sword.

I have seen on forums here some people make claim that the eastern eurp verison uses warband game engine and that our verison uses the warband verison ?

any one know anything about that ?

It is 100% ported to the warband version, anyone who has worked with the module system enough can tell you there is a big difference.

The reason some features are left out or some seem more similar to original M&B is either 1. They didn't have enough time to implement warband features in a way that makes sense so they took them out or 2. Certain things make more sense in the gameplay they were trying to create, as this isn't warband after all.

well would it just been easier to use the warband game leave it as is and then just add the fire arms - scripted story - new gfxs - map - and npc chars - ai lords - text buttons to as a MOD and sell it for 19$ then to try to make a whole new game using warband game engine if they didnt have time to do it right in frist place personaly thought I would rathere had them not write in a scripted story at all and just worked on core game I really dont care for a story in my mount and blade games I realy dont play any mount and blade game for a good story driven exprince so I think time spent on that would been better spent on making features work if thats truely what happened.

midn8t said:
well would it just been easier to use the warband game leave it as is and then just add the fire arms - scripted story - new gfxs - map - and npc chars - ai lords - text buttons to as a MOD and sell it for 19$ then to try to make a whole new game using warband game engine if they didnt have time to do it right in frist place ?

That is what they did. It is made in the same way as any mod for Warband.

well senes it stand alone it makes you think they didnt do that specialy with how the features from warband hacked out or messed up even the AI lord recuriting is dosnt work way it did in warband.

I got to say the build your own kingdom (NOPE), help build your Empire for your king sucks. I was in the Crimean Khanate as merc and I finished my time while in siege mode on a Moscow city, so I took the city, and decided to go on and work on taking the rest of the empire. Did it, and it sucks monkey balls I can't be ruler or anything. Might as well not have played the game if I can't TAKE CONTROL OF MY OWN DESTINY and become a king.

Anyways, its got some good things. I like the 'banks', armor/weapon smiths. The game has changed that I can't charge like a lunatic into a bunch of gun toting bad guys. My own merchant caravans... mmm. Battle system is fine, though it sucks the battle won't go on just because I was knocked unconscious so I suffer catastrophic losses in case of siege-ing a place.
Being able to recruit only low level troops from villages sucks. If there is a main storyline I can't find it, though I'm guessing it follows with the musketeer guy.

Back
Top Bottom