Make independent settlements sell products on their own.

Users who are viewing this thread

Hi all! I uh, I'm new to the forums; just finished reading the rules and setting up my account.  :party:

I think I'm in the Gekokujo sub-forum... excuse if I'm wrong.
Anyways, I was wondering how to make income, thankfully I found out thanks to some forum posts that you can buy land for an enterprise if you become a merchant in one of the towns.

But I was also wondering if you can make income from independent forts and towns that you have captured; they do make some valuable items every week or so, but its kind of a pain to spend 5 to 10 days traveling from one side of the map to the other in order to grab the items and sell them...
So my question is: is there any way I can hire someone or make the process automatic so that the fort or/and village sells the items on its own?

I wasn't able to find anyone else asking this oddly enough; tho I may just have not search with the right tags in mind.

Thanks in advance; I'm enjoying Gekokujo quite a lot, it's much more fun than any other mod iv tried so far!

Not from my knowledge, there isn't any way to make that automated so you'll just have to go and traverse to them yourself when it's time to get those resources. There is a way to get to point A to point B quickly but it would be considered cheating I think (it's ctrl + left click on area you want to go to and you teleport there)

Gaedheal said:
Not from my knowledge, there isn't any way to make that automated so you'll just have to go and traverse to them yourself when it's time to get those resources. There is a way to get to point A to point B quickly but it would be considered cheating I think (it's ctrl + left click on area you want to go to and you teleport there)

I see... How sad, I guess I will have to traverse when I'm in need.
The upkeep of my army is 2K mon so I need to sell a lot of slaves.

Btw, do you know any way to rank up my readership up really fast? I want to have an army big enough to fence off the 200 men on a castle and 700 waiting to attack me the second I capture it...
I don't want to join another clan because then they will keep a cut of the money.

Ehm,... I don't know other than grinding so you level up quickly (you want to cheat you just go to your character page and go "ctrl + L"). Another option may be to go through the game's code and fiddle around with the relevant parts to max out your leadership stats.

Gaedheal said:
Ehm,... I don't know other than grinding so you level up quickly (you want to cheat you just go to your character page and go "ctrl + L"). Another option may be to go through the game's code and fiddle around with the relevant parts to max out your leadership stats.

Welp, at this point I don't have enough money to upkeep my army so whether I like it or not, I gotta invade someone.
The Mito clan was really unlucky when I destroyed them (I'm about to take over the clan, hell yes)

Update: I lost all of my money and men trying to capture the city... I don't know why but I gotta attack twice and in that second time, my troops get stuck on the stairs and just get shot in the face.  :facepalm:
What do I do now...

I don't know I'm afraid, probably just go back to recruiting troops from scratch and upgrade them up, in that case, not much I can really do to help.

on another note out of personal curiosity, which version of gekokujo are you playing with?

Gaedheal said:
I don't know I'm afraid, probably just go back to recruiting troops from scratch and upgrade them up, in that case, not much I can really do to help.

on another note out of personal curiosity, which version of gekokujo are you playing with?

Latest version (Steam Workshop)

Gaedheal said:
Steam version is 3.0 which is behind the current version 3.1

I recommend The Daimyo Edition of gekokujo it's great!
But manual downloads are a pain in the ass, that's without even mentioning having to install it.
I like how the workshop auto-updates, downloads and installs content ^^

It's not that much of a pain tbh but I do prefer the Steam workshop auto-updates but for some reason, many M&B mods are on other sites rather than Steam.

Gaedheal said:
It's not that much of a pain tbh but I do prefer the Steam workshop auto-updates but for some reason, many M&B mods are on other sites rather than Steam.
Probably due to the limitations imposed by the workshop.
Like the inability to have a mod install files outside of a specific folder.

Many MP mods suffer from this.

There is also a weight limitation, but most modders with knowledge on the matter usually just split the mod into multiple parts.

Though I suppose it would make sense as an explanation that steam workshop has limitations of sorts, I know that the guy behind Gokokujo for some reason was unable to update 3.0 to 3.1 on the Steam workshop and so has instead posted it elsewhere.

Gaedheal said:
Though I suppose it would make sense as an explanation that steam workshop has limitations of sorts, I know that the guy behind Gokokujo for some reason was unable to update 3.0 to 3.1 on the Steam workshop and so has instead posted it elsewhere.
Probably size or a self-installing script.

Gaedheal said:
The update is fine but regarding that option the Daimyo Edition's creator is working on some features of that sort for a future update.
That sounds great, I might check out the Daimyo edition, If I find out a link to it, ill google and research tomorrow (it's quite late in where I'm at).

I just read through the changelog and I quite like it, the idea of being able to work as a peasant or thief is an interesting addition to the mod, what do you think about it?

Alemismun said:
Gaedheal said:
The update is fine but regarding that option the Daimyo Edition's creator is working on some features of that sort for a future update.
That sounds great, I might check out the Daimyo edition, If I find out a link to it, ill google and research tomorrow (it's quite late in where I'm at).

I just read through the changelog and I quite like it, the idea of being able to work as a peasant or thief is an interesting addition to the mod, what do you think about it?

I advise you to see full features list you might like it. You can see 4 progress reports along with the main mod description.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/gekokujo-daimyo-edition-updated-version

Back
Top Bottom