Make bandit groups join battles

Users who are viewing this thread

woodsmoke

Sergeant
Finally bought Warband this past weekend - I know, "late" doesn't begin to describe it; if this were any other party it would have long since wrapped up. At any rate, I've spent the past few days poking about looking for minor mods and making .txt tweaks, but there's one has me stumped: getting nearby bandit parties to gang up on me when I chase one of 'em down on the world map. I haven't tested it extensively, but it doesn't seem to be implemented in WB, and sadly the info TheMageLord supplied in his original post on the subject doesn't seem to match the contents of the 1.166 files. I have TweakMB installed, but while that lets me play with just about every other setting for bandit parties it doesn't have anything about making them join up against me. I also asked about this in the "ask questions here" thread, but it's been a couple days and hasn't gotten any response. Is there a way to implement that change in WB?

Also, on the off chance anyone's familiar with it, is there anything similar to Cremo's old Native Improved mod for WB? I get the impression the factions are better put together in WB native than they were in vanilla, but I really liked how he changed the factions to be visually distinctive as well as mechanically.

Bandits are actually quiet easy to defeat, but if you're just starting out then go to options, change the damage to easiest for you and your friendlies. I assume you are in Rhodoks land because you're faction is Rhodok and it sounds like you're still in the beginning of the game, so avoid the mountains to the north for now because they are filled with bandits

Right, sorry if I was unclear; I'm just new to Warband, not M&B as a whole. I've been playing vanilla M&B for years, since .6-something during the beta (maybe .5-something). I'm not having any trouble defeating bandits in the game, I'm just trying to figure out how to get nearby parties to join the battle against me when I attack like I could do in vanilla with a .txt file tweak.

It takes a couple of lines of code in the module system, but you should really be playing mods, Native is unpolished and bland. I bet all the major ones have your tweak and much more.

I don't have the module system and wouldn't know where to start if I did. Besides, I like native. You're right, it's not particularly shiny, but it hits the sweet spot for me between pseudo-historical simulation and fun-to-play game. I've tried various mods over the years and no doubt will continue to do so, but I always seem to come back to it. /shrug :smile:

Tocans calradiA mod is native, with replacing looters with multiple bands of multiple parties of bandits, each bandit group has leader veterans and regular bandits, adjusted equipment skills.

You can get slave hunters in taverns salt mines for slaves and recruiters to buy any troop you want, even bandits..

You can join lords party as soldier, you can get 60 various companions and all village goods come in varying qualities.

Back
Top Bottom