Major graphics lag/spikes

Users who are viewing this thread

I have the same problem, due probably to a RAM leak or lack...this video about a fix of high memory usage helped, even if is not resolutive...if u have 8 gb of ram, maybe u can give it a shot and see if it improves your memory usage.

After the patch, still same issue with only ever getting 5fps from booting up the game to closing it. Windows 10 GTX 1050 i7-7700 8 gb ram SSD

I noticed that if i join a multiplayer game then exit and enter campaign map the stuttering goes completely , and im not joking , i tested this 3 times I can also run the game at my desired settings instead of low without problems , ive tested even in 50vs 50 campaign battles and most stutters were gone.

Very interesting

I had alot of these issues aswell
I upgraded from 8gb to 16gb ram, got a new SSD harddrive, and installed windows10.

I'm not having issues anymore

In the siege i found out what causing the massive lag for 1-2 min. Its the AI attacking the main gate (after the siege weapon destroyed the 1st gate) in mellee. After the secod gate opened, was all good again. I guess the door stucture, or the particles makes this.

This issue is exactly what I'm dealing with and I've seen it reported elsewhere on this forum and on reddit. Unfortunately 1.0.4 didn't fix it for me.

This patch helped me a little bit, lesser fps drops in campaign. When the game came out I had zero problems and the next day i had the lag issue

Currently, i don't play this game, I launch it, check to see if the GPU is still screwy then hop on to the forums desperately hunting for a fix, then i go play something else.
Can you try enabling Vsync or setting the frame limiter to your monitor refresh rate? It may be that your GPU is trying to put on too much frames.
I have tried all these things, iv capped FPS at 60, turned on Vsync, tried borderless made, tried fullscreen. My GPU is the only video adaptor option. This is hellish

Unless you capped your fps with the limiter option or vsync and it reaches the cap, it is supposed to always work at 100% load, no matter how low the resolution and graphic settings are.
moroncarbide, i think you misunderstood. my GPU has 6GB of memory, that means it can handle up to 6GB of graphics. If im playing a game that requires 3GB, it will only use 3GB (50%) and will display as such on my computers task manger. I have seen this in action as i stress test every new game i buy. I hit ctrl+alt+del, run task manager and check CPU, Ram, Disk and GPU usage to make sure my system is handling the game. For example, when i run mount and blade warband, i see an increase in of about 15% if that under GPU on task manger. With Bannerlords, its hitting 100% (6GB) of graphics memory. This means the card is being pushed to its limit. This happens on high and low settings and can be bad for the card after long periods of play as the card heats up. Bannerlord requires 3GB on max settings which means there is a problem somewhere. I have confirmed this is not an isolated problem and it would appear that its hitting a lot of people with nvidia GTX 10 series cards. Not all people with these cards are effected but enough people are having the problem when they have equal to or more power than is required, suggesting there is an optimisation issue. The game is demanding more power than is required.

Hi everyone!
I encounter the same issues. I can't play the game in campaign or multiplayer no matter what are the graphical sets, resolution or resolution scale.
Campaign map runs "smoothly" most of the time except a few freeze/fps drop there and there but as soon as I go in a battle or a village/town it is absolutely unplayable. I've tried everything I had in mind without any good result :
- Lowering graphics, resolution scale, resolution itself
- Disabled enhanced noises (control panel -> sound -> headset -> enhancements -> disable enhanced noises)
- Cleaning my RAM cache and processes
- Put the value of the process to High
- Launched steam without webhelpservice.exe (integrated steam browser)
However custom battles seem to work fine (just micro-freezes at the beginning like it is loading the troops) up to 200vs200.
Here is my rig :
- W10
- i5 4460 Quad Core 3,2 GHz
- GTX 1060 6GB
- 8GB of RAM

Same issues with me (though I haven't tried launched steam without webhelpservice.exe). There is more time with the screen frozen than there is with it rolling in battles of any size (including just talking to the looters), villages, and towns and it does not change noticeably based on what the graphics are set to.
Normally I would have just sought a refund, but appreciate this is early access and there will be teething issues.
I am running:
- W10
- Intel Pentium CPU G4400 3.3 GHz
- 16GB of RAM
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760
Looks like it will be a great game once I can properly play it! Appreciate the efforts to fix this issue.

Same issues with me (though I haven't tried launched steam without webhelpservice.exe). There is more time with the screen frozen than there is with it rolling in battles of any size (including just talking to the looters), villages, and towns and it does not change noticeably based on what the graphics are set to.
Normally I would have just sought a refund, but appreciate this is early access and there will be teething issues.
I am running:
- W10
- Intel Pentium CPU G4400 3.3 GHz
- 16GB of RAM
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760
Looks like it will be a great game once I can properly play it! Appreciate the efforts to fix this issue.
Sorry for your inconvenience. Can you check the following folder and tell me the contents: "C:\ProgramData\Mount and Blade II Bannerlord\Shaders\CoreShaders\D3D11"? The 'ProgramData' folder may be hidden, so you may need to change some Folder Visibility Options. That can really help us with identifying the issue. Thanks in advance.

moroncarbide, i think you misunderstood. my GPU has 6GB of memory, that means it can handle up to 6GB of graphics. If im playing a game that requires 3GB, it will only use 3GB (50%) and will display as such on my computers task manger. I have seen this in action as i stress test every new game i buy. I hit ctrl+alt+del, run task manager and check CPU, Ram, Disk and GPU usage to make sure my system is handling the game. For example, when i run mount and blade warband, i see an increase in of about 15% if that under GPU on task manger. With Bannerlords, its hitting 100% (6GB) of graphics memory. This means the card is being pushed to its limit. This happens on high and low settings and can be bad for the card after long periods of play as the card heats up. Bannerlord requires 3GB on max settings which means there is a problem somewhere. I have confirmed this is not an isolated problem and it would appear that its hitting a lot of people with nvidia GTX 10 series cards. Not all people with these cards are effected but enough people are having the problem when they have equal to or more power than is required, suggesting there is an optimisation issue. The game is demanding more power than is required.
Thanks for the data. I have checked the GPU memory usage of the game on various locations, Very High on 1440p never passed 4.9GB. Can you check the memory usage of your card before you launch the game? There may be some other applications allocating memory. Also, can you tell me in which scenes it passes to 6GB? Hopefully we can find some short term solution for you while we are trying to replicate and fix the issue. Thanks in advance.

After the patch, still same issue with only ever getting 5fps from booting up the game to closing it. Windows 10 GTX 1050 i7-7700 8 gb ram SSD

I think you are running the game with the integrated graphics. Go to options, video and if the video controller gives you intel, change it to your Nvidia card.

I play with almost all the options to the maximum I have a lenovo legion Y520 i5-7300 HQ laptop, 8 GB Ram, GTX 1050 and an SSD and I can say that the game is going at 40 fps, with drops to 30 fps in some scenarios and In battles I can have drops to 20 fps. In short, it is very playable.

(This is translated with the Google translator, sorry for possible errors)

Thanks for the data. I have checked the GPU memory usage of the game on various locations, Very High on 1440p never passed 4.9GB. Can you check the memory usage of your card before you launch the game? There may be some other applications allocating memory. Also, can you tell me in which scenes it passes to 6GB? Hopefully we can find some short term solution for you while we are trying to replicate and fix the issue. Thanks in advance.
for my ram the game start at using 1.5 gb but it keeps going up at 30 min in game its using 10 gb of my ram and if i dont close the game its just keep eating my ram its same with gpu and btw patch e1.0.4 really didnt fixed anything atleast i didnt notice any changes
my pc: 16 gb ram ddr4 gpu:gtx 1050 ti 4 gb motherboard: h270 gaming 3 cpu:core i 5 6400 also im using hhd
i just hope you guys can fix this problem as soon as you can cuz at this stage game is not playable for me . ty for your hardwork to give us a great experience

Hey, thanks for the reply.

-When the game is not running, my GPU operates at 1-5%. There are no apps or programs running in the background that shouldn't be.
-There is no specific scene, I experince 90 to 100% usage on my GPU in the main menu, on the map, in battles, in towns, in bandit hideouts and in conversation with NPC's on the map and in towns. The only time this drops is during loading scenes.

My system;
-Windows 10 64
-Intel i5 2.7GHz
-Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB
-16GB Ram
-Standard 1TB hard drive.

Even after patch 1.0.4 I am still getting stutters, even in small battles. It has improved ever so slightly though.

Back
Top Bottom