Mainquest: Own Kingdom - Impossible to conquer a settlement in time!

Users who are viewing this thread

xetra11

Recruit
I was following the main quest after I was quite successful in another kingdom as a vassal. As the quest had two options - giving the banner to my kingdom leader or found my own kingdom I figured out giving it to the kingdom leader is not doing anything. He is saying thank you and not even the relation is raised. Glad I saved before doing so.

So now I am on my own again as a Tier 4 clan. I fulfilled every requirement except for one and that is owning a settlement (I requenished my former ones because I did not want to go to war with my ex-kingdom). But conquering a settlement without being able to create an army is just impossible at the current state of the game. I can't conquer a 250 man defended castle with just 150 max soldiers.

Why can't I form an army with my clan? That does not make sense. I would've 3 parties to join in.

Also the quest is aborted after "10 years". I was screaming because of frustration. I mean I was working the whole time to get a castle and then the quest is simply aborted wtf? Why??

Please I need some advice here. I don't wanna turn down game difficulty just to conquer a castle.

in my experience it is best to target a dying kingdom which just took back a city/castle, they do not have large garrisons.
to start out i took a castle that had only 30 men as defenders, sure i did not like the location (the desert, i wanted a battanian castle) but it was a start, once i had a castle i made an army and marched to battanian lands. once i had my own battanian castle i let the ai take back its city filled with sand in the south, i had no more use for it.

Not being able to form an army as an independent clan is a major flaw imo, especially considering forming an army with your own clan members when you are part of a kingdom doesn't cost any influence.

Only negative I see is that there would be almost no reason to not simply roll around with your entire clan in an army at all times.

So the quest has been aborted now because it took me more than 10yrs to complete it. So I can't form a kingdom anymore or what??

its possible, just target a castle/city that was recently taken. making an army is probably the hardest part. also try to target a castle/city away from where the enemy is. if they are fighting on one side of their border attack a castle on the other side so you have time to make stuff.

I'm facing the same situation, i didn't realise it only ran for a decade!
One way could be to become strong as a vassal, with well developed garrisons and militia, then wait until your ruler is weak and leave him but keep hold of your fiefdoms ?

Back
Top Bottom