SP Other [M&B + Warband] - WIP - AntWars

would you prefer "plastic" like 3d ants ? (see page9 for example with the bump maped only screens)

• yes, give them a "cartoonish-plastic toy" looking

Votes: 38 39.6%
  • no, give them some better cartoon texture look, not plastic like

Votes: 58 60.4%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

By the way, you can use different textures for different grounds on the world map, this way maybe you can make things not with sand for example and make it look more like plastic etc?

Leopardo said:
By the way, you can use different textures for different grounds on the world map, this way maybe you can make things not with sand for example and make it look more like plastic etc?

yep i know, but that's not a priority for now, will be when all the scripting and at least some basic modelling are done :wink:
i'm done with that basic map at the moment, will start the scripting part now (first troop tree, factions and some ideas i have, then the big part of scripting)

bah without something new no need to bump it  :wink:
there will be new materials to be seen soon enough  :mrgreen:

edit : will post some screens of map with towns and factions before end of july. Also another 3d modeler has joined the team :wink: so be patient  :lol:

I voted for the "Good idea, but difficult" option. Anyways, you're making progress, so keep going!
The map looks... weird like it is now. I have an idea about it: Make huge high-res map icons for the swimming pool, the trees, the house, etc., then place them as parties and paint the ground below as unpassable terrain, so nobody could walk over them. They would look more realistic (I guess... :smile:).

i agree the map looks weird    :lol:
was mainly playing with the editor  :wink: if i can get some pretty icons i will use them instead for sure

i just have a doubt for the really big icons (like the swimming pool) because they wont show on screen untill their center is actually on screen (so for example if you walk the swimming pool borders, it wont show unless its center is also -even partially - on screen so you will see ground under instead. so only some camera angles will show it)
i did some testing with some huge square as an icon, it works that way unfortunatly :s
but the tremplin can be made as an icon

but i guess that's possible for the house as an icon, because only way to see it is not from above (off camera limit) but lay down, and its center seem to be always seen since you need to be a bit far to see at least the house basement.
icons will work for all the smaller objects for sure (the chair, rly dont like it, table, the pond, the kitchen garden, kennel...)

anyway, that isnt the final map of the mod, i made that map mostly to show i was serious about it and that it was not another fire and forget "weeeee i'm gonna use my modz lazors weeez", and to attract potential helpers :wink:

:lol:

you dont expect me to finish it tomorrow, do you? :wink:

Leopardo is on holiday till mid-end july so modeling work will start by then, unless Antfreak make something new meantime (i sent him a pm). will give me more than enough time to master basic features of blender to help make very basic objects.

For the scripting part i gathered what i need from my to do list, i already compiled some for the basic features. And will make the scripts i need that cant be found (the hard part, so it will take some time, i'm currently working on the random events script (disasters and so on))
dont expect anything new for coming weeks now, will update topic anyway when i have well-founded stuff to show

will make some WIP forum too, i'll send you the link when it is set up (will do it when Leopardo is back) so you can work on that weapon wish list

well something at least so you can wait for next stuff ^^

i discovered a nice modeling tool this afternoon (Sculptris, awsome tool btw ! it can export stuff to blender also), the last image is a low triangle one, (but still around 45k triangles, i rly need to lower that number) that was an older screen

might be used for a later model, i like the roswell style ET head hehe
but that was mainly to test that new tool

gonna UV map it quickly and i'll post some more pictures later

edit2 : i remade the ant, got too much triangles "multilayered" that prevented UV painting

humanoid version (no "ant" back)
(those arent the low poly versions)

ant standing up version

i havent modeled the hands yet, will do it last, gonna first UV map that skeleton

edit 3 : now a red-ant model with some quick basic maping

need to rework the "smile", like that it's like a "plz punch my face" written on it  :lol:

edit 4 : some "friendly evil" version, 3 slightly different (mouth for the 1&2, eyes and mouth for the 3rd and a general darker face for all 3 compared to pics above)

(slightly modified "3rd" version)

edit1 : another cool thing of this tool is that you can make awsome scenes ! (you should rly look at it if you are interested in modeling stuff and scenes if you are a total newb at modeling like myself)
check there : http://www.sculptris.com/

TheAsperge said:
Looking goood...
Btw, that modellingprogram looks userfriendly, I should try that out. :wink:

Regards

it is userfriendly :mrgreen:,

also check the video tutorial Romainoir made about using Sculptris for making scenes :
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,122691.0.html
very good one (i actually discovered the tools thanks to his post)

Back
Top Bottom