Love the mod, but..

Users who are viewing this thread

-Peter-

Master Knight
Getting absolutely battered. I was a vassal of Swadia for a while, doing okay, then I decided to execute King Ragnar after a battle, meaning every faction set out to kill me Warriors style. Naturally I left Swadia since they were attacking me anyway.

Anyways, I now find myself with 1 town, 3 castles that are all barely manned, and I have -100 on every faction relation. Anyone got any advice on how I can somehow make peace without having to pay 93,400 that's being demanded? Desperate to make peace with Swadia so I can focus on wiping out the Nords.

This mod was made for you to be king and conquer factions, not to be a vassal at all. Also, I think it might be better to restart at this point ...

Pladio said:
This mod was made for you to be king and conquer factions, not to be a vassal at all. Also, I think it might be better to restart at this point ...

Yeah I found that out as I went on.

I don't fancy restarting, I'm around 100 days in so far and have a good personal army. It's just my lord's armies and my garrison that are complete pushovers.

In need of some tactical genius. I hired the Elephant Guard, however I'm based where the Nords are/were. Would I be better off hiring Jotnar?

I'm not an expert at all. I'm on day 120 or something and I had 4 castles, but the AI took two of them back...

One thing that was a good idea is to have good enough relations with all mercenary guilds so that you could take any prisoners and upgrade them... I think you should stick with the merc that complements your army and playstyle. I'm playing as the villianese so I have little good infantry, so the merc guild I use the most is the black army for their armored infantry.

I do have some serpents as well because I needed some more cavalry and neither the black army or the villianese have many of these.

I suggest taking castles over with the help of the AI lords, but for the rest keep them in defense I think...

Tell me if you have anymore questions or even suggestions for me.

When does the legion arrive actually ?

Pladio said:
I'm not an expert at all. I'm on day 120 or something and I had 4 castles, but the AI took two of them back...

One thing that was a good idea is to have good enough relations with all mercenary guilds so that you could take any prisoners and upgrade them... I think you should stick with the merc that complements your army and playstyle. I'm playing as the villianese so I have little good infantry, so the merc guild I use the most is the black army for their armored infantry.

I do have some serpents as well because I needed some more cavalry and neither the black army or the villianese have many of these.

I suggest taking castles over with the help of the AI lords, but for the rest keep them in defense I think...

Tell me if you have anymore questions or even suggestions for me.

When does the legion arrive actually ?

The legion arrives around day 300 I think. It's random. Only just thought, they'll probably arrive in Nord territory by the sea...where I'm based  :neutral:

I managed to get 3 towns with an army of Antarian noble/elite infantry and Battle Shamen. Finding it easy fighting through the Nords and defending castles against Swadians, but because I have next to no cavalry, fighting Swadians and especially Khergits is suicide.

Have you recruited many lords? I took over a couple of castles all near each other and recruited a load of lords which helped me as it took the attention away from my own army.

I have 5 lords now. It's going better. I'm on my way to my first town and according to my strategy advisor, I have less than 200 days left before they arrive. So I'm in a terrible position o_O

Pladio said:
I have 5 lords now. It's going better. I'm on my way to my first town and according to my strategy advisor, I have less than 200 days left before they arrive. So I'm in a terrible position o_O
Don't worry, I got my 1st castle at days 40 and my 9th towns at day 150, I played Zerk though, never have to worry about making money before towns making enough profits, try to invest in hiring 150 men regiments from merc guild and having them all killed before another payday  :lol:
Get your honor rating low at early games and fills castles with forest bandits as well, their upkeep are dirt-cheap another plus point with low honor is you can get all the Boar clan "bandit" party come to you despite your party size, good way to make money.

Pladio said:

Once you take a couple of castles and towns and establish yourself it's easier I think as you're not pinpointed in one area, plus you have lords to help you out so you don't feel like it's you against the world, even though it kinda is.

What's your faction relations and which area are you claiming?

Arzeal said:
Don't worry, I got my 1st castle at days 40 and my 9th towns at day 150, I played Zerk though, never have to worry about making money before towns making enough profits, try to invest in hiring 150 men regiments from merc guild and having them all killed before another payday  :lol:
Get your honor rating low at early games and fills castles with forest bandits as well, their upkeep are dirt-cheap another plus point with low honor is you can get all the Boar clan "bandit" party come to you despite your party size, good way to make money.

Haha, sacrificing soldiers before payday is genius.

-Peter- said:
Haha, sacrificing soldiers before payday is genius.
Yah, it works for early game, but now I got backfired, lawl, I hired another 150 men merc party late game (2 fast expansion and the lords are busy defending the realm) and create a 1 man Regiment for prisoner keeping, somehow my regiment died off after big battle, now the merc absorbed the prisoners to 300+ and I have to pay them 20k/week, really hard to wear them out now, lol

This is why I'm glad I use cheats a lot, mainly the money one and the comapnions one, as I've found the biggest problem on M&B SOD is money and funding troops of course being able to rampage around the map with 50 sword sister/merc cavalary building renown to take over ibdeles castle is very fun, seriously use the money cheat and let everything else build as normal and the games is a lot easier to manage.

Bleh. Cheats are for those who either want to try out features quickly, or do random funny things, or are just plainly too incompetent to manage things the correct way.

Anyway, I'd like to recommend a little something to everyone facing tactical/financial issues in SOD...
Check the link.

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,154698.0.html

It's not perfectly up-to-date but most hints and tactics listed in that topic work wonderfully in SOD v5.0, be sure to give a look :wink:

well I didn't know the game had cheats till after I'd played vanilla for two ingame years and, was really struggiling for dosh bizzarely though, geting good weapons and armour was pretty easy as the towns seemed to get rich very quick, wonder if this mod's cheats will be stepped down a little at some point?

Pladio said:
use the cheats to give more time

Back
Top Bottom