Lords can't raise troops

Users who are viewing this thread

Hoopla

Recruit
I'm trying to help a claimant take over a faction, but all my lords are sitting in one town, and most of them have 1 troop.  I had a look around, and I noticed a bunch of Khergit vassals doing the same, and the world map seems very desolate in general.  Whenever I talk to one of the lords they say they are raising troops, but their army stays at one.  It's been like this for a while now, can anyone help?

Hoopla said:
and most of them have 1 troop.

lords need cash to raise troops. To get cash they need fiefs (villages/castles/towns) that have caravans and good prosperity to pay rent.

if you don't give them land, or the territory is destroyed over and over, they may get stuck in that situation: need troops, no cash to raise troops, need troops, no cash ...

check their wealth (use a savegame editor or your coding skills if you know how to mod) to see if that is the current issue.

Hoopla said:
I'm trying to help a claimant take over a faction, but all my lords are sitting in one town, and most of them have 1 troop.  I had a look around, and I noticed a bunch of Khergit vassals doing the same, and the world map seems very desolate in general.  Whenever I talk to one of the lords they say they are raising troops, but their army stays at one.  It's been like this for a while now, can anyone help?

You using Diplomacy for 1.168? It has a bug with lords that don't own a castle or town.

Alasdair said:
You using Diplomacy for 1.168? It has a bug with lords that don't own a castle or town.

I THINK i have observed, 1 time, a lord with a castle doing this.  The castle was awarded after he started this behavior, and probably never had time to produce rent.

DesertPlah said:
Alasdair said:

I THINK i have observed, 1 time, a lord with a castle doing this.  The castle was awarded after he started this behavior, and probably never had time to produce rent.

Makes sense. If he doesn't have the castle before he goes broke he'll be stuck in whatever center his village is assigned to until he can recruit an army large enough to go to his castle - of course that requires not being broke in the first place, something he can't fix without having an army...  :lol:

Back
Top Bottom