Looking for OSP code for alternative character creation process

Users who are viewing this thread

La Grandmaster

Sergeant Knight at Arms
I've been looking for an osp section of code for ages, i remember seeing it but i cant seem to find it again - what it does is change the initial character creation process so that it is displayed as a sort of story or a page in a book e.g each choice you make changes a word/sentence in the story, I can provide more information if people still dont understand.

Well I don't know about the certain thing your looking for but the guide of useful scripts might help you out.

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,78411.0.html

Yeah sorry I wasn't sure where to post this. The single screen/presentation based character creation processes were exactly what I was looking for, unfortunatly neither the custom commander one or the one in the floris pack are OSP :sad:      Im assuming there is no OSP code out there to do this?

Or this one from Floris:
charactercreationsmall.jpg

Any idea if the steps required to implement the Floris character creation page are around here or would it require some code sifting?

KeithGB said:
Any idea if the steps required to implement the Floris character creation page are around here or would it require some code sifting?
No, this bit of Floris code hasn't been removed from the whole. But it would be located pretty concisely in a single presentation in module_presentations and the standard game_start menus in module_game_menus (and the background mesh in module_meshes), so shouldn't take too much code sifting.

Caba`drin said:
KeithGB said:
No, this bit of Floris code hasn't been removed from the whole. But it would be located pretty concisely in a single presentation in module_presentations and the standard game_start menus in module_game_menus (and the background mesh in module_meshes), so shouldn't take too much code sifting.

Thank's Caba'drin, I found that the CCP source kit is included in Floris's source folders however after I've tried my best to integrate it I am throwing errors in regard to "tf_right_align" and "gpu_center_with_outline" not being defined. Haven't managed to track those declarations down to their home yet. Any clues?

KeithGB said:
Caba`drin said:
tf_ (text flags) are defined in header_presentations.py

The other is Floris modmerger kits specific and is found in the gpu_constants file in the kingdom management tools kit. Didn't know there was anything spread out of there--will look to be sure it is copied over/self contained

Thanks man, the tf_right_align flag is still present in header_prsnt so I have no idea how I've messed it up so that still throws an error. As for gpu_constants, how would I go about implementing this? Or would I be best doing a rollback and using modmerger to do the hard work for me (I have no knowledge of MM, yet...)?
Did you have
from header_presentations import *
from the top of whatever file is throwing up the tf_ error? If not, add that line at the top by the other from x import * lines

As for the gpu_constants line, in your case look at it in the mod merger kit, copy it to your module_constants file and then probably rename it something that makes more sense for you...particularly if that is the only undefined thing from that file that that character creation kit needs.

You need the gpu*.py files that I think are hiding in the kingdom management tools folder in the current release.  Those contain a bunch of "graphic presentation utilities" I used to shrink the presentations in Floris down and make them more legible.  CCP uses them quite a bit.  If you bring them over to the CCP folder you should have most of the code that you need.  All that is left after that is a couple of module_game_menu redirects that you can find commented at the top of the Floris module_game_menu file and a troop definition from module_troops.  I can't remember its name off hand, but I am sure the compiler will let you know.

Thanks very much guys! You are all so helpful, best modding forum I have ever hung out in.

Anyhow back to topic: I gave up trying to merge the code by hand and started using the modmerger kit. Although it seems there are also dependencies on from TPE required as it wants tpe_presobj. I'll have to do some hunting for that, ideally I'd grab all the source kits that come with Floris as they are all amazing but that threw too many errors for now. So until I have an alpha build I won't bother adding extra trimmings. But the CCP screen is just too good to pass up...!

You just need the tpe_presobj troop definition and it is in module_troops.  I just figured to reuse it when I built the CCP screen since that wasn't being replaced as a separate OSP.  There were just too many objects on the screen to stick with the usual presentation globals so that troop stores object numbers.

TPE can be taken separately, though it does also use the GPU files (that are included with it's OSP).

Thanks Windy, I've intergrated that (after some trouble with an errant ']') but now I am getting a very curios error:

Initializing...
Compiling all global variables...
Exporting strings...
Exporting skills...
Exporting tracks...
Exporting animations...
Exporting meshes...
Exporting sounds...
Exporting skins...
Exporting map icons...
Creating new tag_uses.txt file...
Creating new quick_strings.txt file...
Exporting faction data...
Exporting item data...
Exporting scene data...
Exporting troops data
Exporting particle data...
Exporting scene props...
Exporting tableau materials data...
Exporting presentations...
Error: Unable to find object:script_ccp_get_character_background_text
ERROR: Illegal Identifier:script_ccp_get_character_background_text
Error: Unable to find object:script_ccp_initialize_faction_items
ERROR: Illegal Identifier:script_ccp_initialize_faction_items
Error: Unable to find object:script_ccp_generate_skill_set
ERROR: Illegal Identifier:script_ccp_generate_skill_set
Error: Unable to find object:script_ccp_end_presentation_begin_game
ERROR: Illegal Identifier:script_ccp_end_presentation_begin_game
Error: Unable to find object:mnu_start_game_options
ERROR: Illegal Identifier:mnu_start_game_options
Error: Unable to find object:script_ccp_default_settings
ERROR: Illegal Identifier:script_ccp_default_settings
Error: Unable to find object:script_initialize_fog
ERROR: Illegal Identifier:script_initialize_fog
Exporting party_template data...
Exporting parties
Exporting quest data...
Exporting info_page data...
Exporting scripts...
WARNING: Usage of unassigned global variable: $gpu_data
Exporting mission_template data...
Exporting game menus data...
exporting simple triggers...
exporting triggers...
exporting dialogs...
Checking global variable usages...
WARNING: Global variable never used: $gpu_data
Imported 20 global variables for saved-game compatability that are not used.
Exporting postfx_params...

Script processing has ended.
Press any key to exit. . .

I get why the Fog script is throwing errors, I haven't included it and need to comment that out for the time being, but all the ccp scripts are present in ccp_scripts and modmerger should be integrating them without issue as far as I can tell, however I am still getting this error... Got any pointers? I am feeling very noobish.

Look at the import lines at the top of ccp_scripts and see if any do not belong, like diplomacy or "companions".  Comment them out if that is the case.  Anything a module file tries to import that it fails to import causes the rest of the file to be ignored.  That is why all of the scripts appear to be missing.

Thanks Windy, I did not know that, totally sorted my problem. Once I have replaced the location specific items it should compile fine it seems! :smile:

Back
Top Bottom