Lithuanian sub-forum in Non-English section

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Illusive Man

Sergeant at Arms
Hello, I have been working to put together the Lithuanian community of Mount & Blade for a year now and it's going quite well so far. I'd like to kindly request some support from Taleworlds as well, in the form of a Lithuanian sub-forum in the Non-English section. The sub-forum would give Lithuanians a place where they could find other Lithuanians who play the game, allow them to find out more about the community and receive any support that's related to the games in their own language making communication easier. I also followed the example of the Polish and Estonian communities and established a Steam group for supporters of this idea. You can join the group as well, to support the idea.

I volunteered to watch over the forum, since I know how SMF works, have experience in administrating gaming websites and servers, probably know more about the game itself than other Lithuanians, so I could provide quick support,  and most importantly am devoted to the Lithuanian community, but administration isn't convinced I fit their requirements for the position of a moderator, so I asked around and made a short list of volunteers who have been here for a long time. If you know more Lithuanians who have been here for a long time and have a good reputation, please contact me so I could contact them.

Jeigu manai, jog galėtum užimti šias pareigas, parašyk AŽ arba šioje temoje.

Volunteers:

rgcotl
Arnas

Pharaoh Llandy said:
Just do what every sane American knows to do when they leave their country. Pretend to be Canadian.

It's gotten to the point now where if a Canadian travels abroad, people see the maple leaf and assume he's a lying American.

Amontadillo said:
Another one?

Read the polish application to know what you're not supposed to do, then you might do a little better.

You will have to point that one out for me.

And... stop this irrelevant spam about Canadians and Americans...

Illusive Man said:
Amontadillo said:
Another one?

Read the polish application to know what you're not supposed to do, then you might do a little better.

You will have to point that one out for me.

And... stop this irrelevant spam about Canadians and Americans...

... seriously? The thread is literally right next to this one.

Well, it was until I posted.

I support this idea. There's more than a hundred active Lithuanians both in-game and scattered around on the forums from what I've seen. That's a lot more than what you could say of some other nation's representatives...

there should be a polish-lithuanian commonwealth board, for both polish and lithuanian  :mrgreen:

Gambino said:
there should be a polish-lithuanian commonwealth board, for both polish and lithuanian :mrgreen:

Well those two languages aren't as similar as the Scandinavian languages or Spanish and Portuguese to have a common sub-forum. And secondly Lithuanian and Polish relationship is very fragile, I'm afraid of flame wars or racism attacks (from both sides).

Overlord- said:
Yes, and guess what? The other nations don't have a subforum as well.

They probably didn't have the initiative. Our nation wouldn't have a clan if not for my initiative.

splofot said:
I support this idea. There's more than a hundred active Lithuanians both in-game and scattered around on the forums from what I've seen. That's a lot more than what you could say of some other nation's representatives...

Thank you. :smile:

You have to keep in mind that when a lot of the language sub-forums were created, the forum was MUCH smaller in terms of members. Many of them were pre-Warband, and back then, a couple of dozen people were enough to be classed as a language group.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom