Let's Play - The Last Days v3.5 (Gondor/Realistic saving/Hardest settings)

Users who are viewing this thread

Plasquar said:
I should remember to heal those wounds in Gondor tho... I probably shouldn't spend my Lothlorien/Imladris influence for that. Especially with Moria gone it could be hard now to find lord battles with Lothlorien and Imladris lords to join for more influence...  :neutral:
Gaining influence with the faction you'd like to won't be a problem later either, because when a faction is finished with its nearby enemies, then it will move on to help the closest allies in their battles. And when they finish off the next enemy together, then they all move to the next area. And so on, making a snowball-effect basically :wink:

For example, in my current Gondor playthrough, Umbar, Khand, Harad and Mordor got all defeated by our hands (I thought Sauron would have more juice :iamamoron:), and there was a message after the last enemies that "The forces of Gondor march towards Rohan!". And Prince Imrahil just brought a full campaign (with 8 lords accompanying him :cool:) to besiege Dunlandings Camp in Rohan territory :mrgreen:

And if the next friendly area is too far away, then factions will build advancement camps in order to restock their parties from there, without the need to go back to their fiefs anymore. Which is awesome, as your allies will basically become capable to storm the remaining enemies from more and more sides! :fruity:

So overall, the AI is doing a wonderful job in TLD imo (compared to how dumb the AI can be in other mods), as factions besiege stuff in a tactical order for the fastest elimination of the smaller factions in order to lessen the amount of enemy fronts asap. I never saw a siege getting halted just because the lords changed their minds for example: as long as they had an acceptable amount of units remaining and weren't attacked, they would assault the designated targets. And even better is that Prince Imrahil once had only like 10 units alive, but he called me to join in, and once I promised that I'll assist him despite his weakened party, he kept on besieging stuff, which was great! So he factored in his allies too! A true teamwork! :grin: I also like how bold your allies can be if you are nearby, as they tend to attack stronger parties than them, allowing the opportunity to help them. This is especially great against smaller and fast-moving enemies (quest targets for example), as you can catch and defeat them with the help a small friendly patrol, even if your party is much slower.

@Plasquar

After finishing TLD, I recommend AWOIAF to play but attention because mod featuring permanent wounds, other options can be set off/on in camp menu. Even VMPShow is struggled by this hard mod

Gorvex said:
So overall, the AI is doing a wonderful job in TLD imo (compared to how dumb the AI can be in other mods), as factions besiege stuff in a tactical order for the fastest elimination of the smaller factions in order to lessen the amount of enemy fronts asap. I never saw a siege getting halted just because the lords changed their minds for example: as long as they had an acceptable amount of units remaining and weren't attacked, they would assault the designated targets. And even better is that Prince Imrahil once had only like 10 units alive, but he called me to join in, and once I promised that I'll assist him despite his weakened party, he kept on besieging stuff, which was great! So he factored in his allies too! A true teamwork! :grin: I also like how bold your allies can be if you are nearby, as they tend to attack stronger parties than them, allowing the opportunity to help them. This is especially great against smaller and fast-moving enemies (quest targets for example), as you can catch and defeat them with the help a small friendly patrol, even if your party is much slower.

I noticed that as well, the AI really seems to be smarter here.
And just a few hours ago the Prince decided to besiege something, he conquered it and he instantly went to his next target and besieged that as well. Never seen that in any other mod before.
That was a good campaign.  :shock:

Arnulf Floyd said:
@Plasquar

After finishing TLD, I recommend AWOIAF to play but attention because mod featuring permanent wounds, other options can be set off/on in camp menu. Even VMPShow is struggled by this hard mod

AWOIAF has to wait, I already decided to play Nova Aetas next.  :wink:

Plasquar, you are my hero if you playing Nova Aetas, there you must rising in society because lords not let you enter in their castles in beginning, also getting enterprises is hard, mod fit better with Marie than any

The first episode of Nova Aetas will be released soon.  :wink:
I noticed that lords won't let me in the castles. The idea of working your way up in the society sounds interesting, I'm still a nobody tho.  :roll:

I have watched your videos but you is a good player, I have learned so much from you, but mod is similar to Total War games, you can build own castle and managing fiefs efficiently. I have tried realistic saving but I go with non-realistic in recent playthroughs due to hardship. I am happy to watch you because I love Germany and Mount & Hlade Warband, my all-time favourite game

If you (and everyone else) want you can join my Nova Aetas playthrough here: https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,377668.0.html

Nevertheless TLD will stay my main priority for the time being.
It feels like I could reach the end soon since Gondor is pushing hard against Mordor. After that it's time to help our Rohan and Elven friends.

And with the release of episode #029 my first Let's Play series of TLD is completed.
I will play it again (on the dark side) in some months.

Thanks to everyone who commented / watched.
smilie.php

If I only had enough money as a child to afford more than one gaming system...
Then I'd probably have childhood memories of that game as well.

Back
Top Bottom