Let's Play - Prophesy of Pendor - Mettenheim Style!

Users who are viewing this thread

Next episode finally up!

Klaus leads a small elite unit to save the merchant's son from Vanskerries...

So couple of questions came out of this one;
1. Which faction should I join as vassal?
2. What skills should a Companion Lord have? Does Trainer help them?
3. Should I be bothered about Companion Lord skills at all? Or train them as CKHO trainers instead?
4. What kind of CKHO should I go for? Infantry? Cav? What weapons?

As far as i know, the Trainer skill doenst help lords at all. Only Leadership will affect them.
You coud try to join the Fierdsvain, they shoud fight a lot, so you coud save them from going extinct.

For your CKO, cause you play Mettenheim Style, i woud stay with Infantry,what kind i have no idea :grin:

Fierdsvain, because they suit your infantry style of play very well. They almost hate horses as much as you! Leadership for companion lords. Custom Knighthood order should be some sort of offspring or sister order to the Forlorn Hope, in both style of combat and lore. with similar armour but maybe some sort of polearm as the primary rather then a greatsword? Sergeants could be crossbow, throwing or bow, something ranged to compliment the frontline knights.

Deckenpuppel said:
M0rdred said:
4. What kind of CKHO should I go for? Infantry? Cav? What weapons?

Shame on you, M0rdred. Shame. On. You.

Lol

Anyway, why should you build time consuming CKhO?
KotEG is the closest one to your playstyle, I think

The map changed quite a lot since the days of the Aftermath project. Windholm actually used to be pretty high up north. It wandered south, replacing Nal Tar on the western coast, which in turn moved east. The new vacancy near Windholm was then filled by rearranging the cities of Ravenstern. Those are the things that caught my eye, at least.

From an Eventide perspective, it still seems somewhat unfair that befriending them is so hard, when - from the perspective of the hero destined to unite Pendor - they aren't really any worse than the Dawn. Neither heretics nor crazy zealots really fit into the heroic ending, so in both cases I would assume some kind of redemption process/arc taking place. Don't see why one should be discouraged. At least if that is still the case, haven't actually checked in the latest version yet. Still would love to see companion quests for Jocelyn and Roland dealing with that kind of thing.

I also always wanted to do an "Eventide Supremacy" playthrough, and of course, being a heretic, it would involve some serious meddling with the occult in order to be enjoyable for me. I especially like the thought of Eventide Juggernauts, basically the unholy bastards of turning Eventide knights into heretic magi :twisted:.

Deckenpuppel said:
Neither heretics nor crazy zealots really fit into the heroic ending, so in both cases I would assume some kind of redemption process/arc taking place. Don't see why one should be discouraged.

One is a misguided order of zealots.

The other is a demon-summoning cult.

Why has noone mentioned the empire yet? Immortals would be a near perfect fit, its only really the mustaches that are missing. They are also the faction closest to mettenheim tech with their crossbows. No CKO required!

Companion lords should have leadership and pathfinding, I think, but Roland and most other sirs are quite ready to become lords with no.improvements, so getting them ready for CKO training might be good. Either way you cant go wrong with points in trainer!

M0rdred said:
I had to include that option so as to root out any traitorous horsie lovers. Happy to say, none have bitten.
Traitorous horsie lovers?

Geehrter Herr! I have something for you:
63c303bf86.jpg
Or better this one:
0e25c7a841.jpg
And the final cut:
a80f509743.jpg

Can't unsee, can you?
Go-go Light Mettenheim Horse Archer squad! In dresses...

Ah! Now you see true Mettenheim cunning in action. Freddy has, quite brilliantly, adopted a disguise in order to better understand the true weaknesses of those infernal creatures.

M0rdred said:
Ah! Now you see true Mettenheim cunning in action. Freddy has, quite brilliantly, adopted a disguise in order to better understand the true weaknesses of those infernal creatures.
You want to believe this.
17a3462977.jpg

You only want to believe.

I'm pretty sure that's in breach of the Senderfall Convention.

I too would recommend joining the Empire rather than the Fierdsvain. Join the Empire Immortals and show those horse loving cowards how it's done. (I'm just pandering to him Noldor Spirit Horse, never leave me please.) It'll take quite some time to get your CKHO going. If you don't want to use another Quali on the KotEG I'd recommend going with the Immortals until lategame.

Unfortunatly you can not train your CKHO yourself. I find that at the beginning Sigi makes for the best trainer, he's lower level than the knights and Lethaldiran so you usually get to level him up at least 4-5 times within a reasonabke amount of time. Put 2 points in strength and the level intelligence to get his IF and PS skills to 10 and get his Trainer Skill up. It matters a lot. Once the troops start getting close to his WPs it'll be time to send in Roland or Lethaldiran.

Back
Top Bottom