Let's be honest the multiplayer here is underdone

Users who are viewing this thread

There are not masses of cheaters in this game. People are just good perhaps the skill ceiling is too high and that turns new players away but these excellent players aren't cheating. Even if you have an auto blockers and radar you'd still be worse than one of these really good players. Because you need absolutely insane awareness to survive cav back stabs which radar doesn't give and blocking is only part of melee combat. Good players will run around auto blockers with ease. In fact watch some of the videos released by the hackers of themselves demoing their software. They are not at all better than everyone else.

While a lot of people do hate the BRE for a lot of different reasons they're not the only ones voting for Vlandia it's most people. And the reason people vote for Sturgia is because they are another strong faction in siege.

But overall I do agree with a lot of what Ketran said.

I'll just go through what I think the average new player's intro to the MP is.
Firstly MP is a separate game to SP so compared to warband far less people will just curiously click on it as you have to quit the game and restart. When they get in, assuming servers are working they will probably attempt to play captain and skirmish. Assuming they can find a game(EU in peak hours) it then has to not crash/a player leaves which is around half of games, usually in a row. After than they are crushed by the players with 1000hours of experience and have a very high chance of getting kicked.
If they somehow find their way to the server browser and get on a populated server they then either get torn apart by cav on tdm or the 20 different ways to die unfairly on siege. Overall having fun on MP is a massive filter where most players simply have a terrible time or can't play.

It would prove whether or not he actually is a good player, just from seeing him in game. It always seems to be the people who are terrible at the mechanics who are also the most ready to call out "cheaters". Probably a coincidence.

It would prove whether or not he actually is a good player, just from seeing him in game. It always seems to be the people who are terrible at the mechanics who are also the most ready to call out "cheaters". Probably a coincidence.
I'm not giving you my name so you can judge my performance and decide whether that makes my opinion valid or not. There are hackers in this game, you can find the cheats yourself online, to say otherwise is just wildly ignorant.

I'm not giving you my name so you can judge my performance and decide whether that makes my opinion valid or not. There are hackers in this game, you can find the cheats yourself online, to say otherwise is just wildly ignorant.
There are like 2 videos of hackers.
It's not really your fault that you think so many people are hacking there are quite a few things that look like hacking but are skill.

There are like 2 videos of hackers.
It's not really your fault that you think so many people are hacking there are quite a few things that look like hacking but are skill.
Don't talk down to me like I can't tell the difference between hacks and high skill, I've played multiplayer for hundreds of hours, I know the difference. Denying the existence of hacks only helps the hackers, pack it in.

Don't talk down to me like I can't tell the difference between hacks and high skill, I've played multiplayer for hundreds of hours, I know the difference. Denying the existence of hacks only helps the hackers, pack it in.
Can you find a video of someone on the receiving end of hacks.

I don't know why a moderator would encourage your paranoia, but you don't know the difference between hacks and high skill. You don't know what you are talking about.

I don't know why a moderator would encourage your paranoia, but you don't know the difference between hacks and high skill. You don't know what you are talking about.
I did nothing of the sort. If I wanted to provide my opinion, I'd have just said it. You wouldn't like my opinion on the matter, but my opinion is informed by things that I have deleted from the forum, youtube videos that were sent to us for ToS/EULA violations, and other knowledge which I agreed not to share. The problem is not non-existent, I wouldn't even go so far as to say it's minimal, as there are currently subscription-based paid services providing the means to cheat in this game and the demand must be there or the updates would have stopped.

All that said, I know from past experience of being on both sides of hackusations as well as judge & jury in competitive play in Warband that it is nigh impossible to prove autoblocks, aimbots, and even ESP/wallhacks beyond a reasonable doubt. Most cheaters that actually got caught in the past were just using high contrast texture replacers in screenshots. The game has a skill ceiling which is so astronomically high it may as well not exist, and something as simple as using an uncommon attack direction input method was enough to throw off the best Warband players for a while. We're talking differences as nuanced as lefty and righty pitchers in baseball here, things so minute that the average player isn't even going to pick up on it because their focus is on other elements of the gameplay.

It's like calling wallhacks on a CT on dust2 in CounterStrike because he guessed right and threw a pop flash on the corner at long A and he practiced that throw & timing for weeks to get it right so you walked right out of the doors into an instant white screen & died. If that doesn't make sense to you, that's the point. It makes sense to him because he's been doing it a lot, and yes there are hackers out there but there are also sweats who don't just play for fun, they play to improve. The best and only thing you can do individually is reassert mastery over your free time and do what's fun for you. If you believe there are lots of hackers out there ruining your fun, then don't give them the opportunity. I know it's ****ty advice, but it's your time being spent. You can't get your time back.

Was the "uncommon attack direction" using keyboard keys for attacking and blocking? I think I remember that.
Speaking of, I've always used inversed attack directions, I mantain that they're way more intuitive than the "normal" attack directions. Move mouse from right to left to swing weapon from right to left, etc.
My advice for anyone just starting to learn the game is to try both out and see for yourself. If you've already started to learn the game with normal directions, it's prob too late or too much of a hastle to retrain, but I'm convinced the "normal" directions are counter-intuitive and may even make it harder to learn the game.

It's repetitive. Imagine spending years developing a matchmaking system which isn't even functional due to the lack of players, instead of looking back at what made Warband MP successful: Persistent World, Groupfighting, Arena, Full Invasion and NW regiments together with other innovative servers organizing the public players.

Back
Top Bottom