let player's npc heros lead

Users who are viewing this thread

destii

Recruit
i notice that some npc heros have leader skills that have no effect, because they are not leaders,
so i  propose to let each npc hero to lead a division of the player's party and travel as an individual party in the big map.
A division leader's leader skill bonus applies to the party.
player may give various orders to the divisions by talking with the leaders, such as search and destory certain party, follow/protect certain party, guarding surrouding area, report back to the player after certain days or merge with the player's party.
ithis way, the player's army acts more like a band of soldiers that follows commands

Yeah, like your own semi-lord ;P

Say you have Alayen, and you tell him to do something else like... patrol around a castle, or hunt down an enemy party. So you get to a screen (very similar to the garrison screen) and you give him the soldiers you want him to lead. Of course he can't take houndreds of them, only what he can manage.

i like this idea a lot, would make a lot of sense to split up, because one little horse icon cant defend such a large area. perhaps combining this with a mod (one of which ill remember the name immediately after i post this, lol) that allows you to take the field as one of your heroes as the "commander in charge" if you are knocked unconscious or even if your player hero encounters an enemy. because i mean I'm not the only one that finds it an insane task to find a place for your troops so you can travel quicker or want to focus on leveling up your mediocre soldiers without having to let your knights collect dust in a castle on the other side of the map, plus i personally would like a change of scenery, i catch myself buying new armor just because i get bored between Cuir Boulli/heraldric mail and banded armor, so it would be nice to let your cohorts have a few heroic days, although its secretly you behind the reigns... and i apologize i took that metaphor too far. but anyways i think i made my point, how do you all feel about this?

Back
Top Bottom