[LEGACY] Quick Questions // Quick Answers

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gorvex said:
Kentai said:
Very interesting! My CKO sergeants currently have 1h blunt (so I can force use and get prisoners if needed), shield, halberd and throwing. I added the halberd for anti-cav but now I'm not sure if I should use that or a reliable 2h weapon. I think the halberd is good for field battles with plenty of room but a 2h weapon would be a better long weapon for sieges with limited space. All this is making me wonder if I'm getting much use out of the throwing weapon. Are my sergeants going to use them? If they're facing cavalry they'll probably default to their halberds (or 2h if I swap for it) and in a siege I'll probably tell them to use blunt so they'll use their shields too. I guess I could command them to fire at will while approaching the top of a siege ladder or tower or when the enemy is doing so in defense and when the armies clash have them switch to blunt.
I'd suggest to go for a reliable 2h sword (reach >=120) instead of Halberds. Halberds can be great when braced against incoming cavalry, but usually suck in the hands of the AI in every other situation when massed. If the first hit misses or is blocked by the enemy and they have the chance to get closer, then RIP. If allies are relatively close (as they should be, since you don't want your guys to spread out too much so they can watch each other's backs), then they will block each other's swings. Plus halberds are relatively slow. And let us not mention halberds in sieges...

While 2h swords can also stop cavalry charges when thrusted correctly. Which the AI can do just fine. And they certainly won't hold them back neither on the open field in crowded situations nor in sieges.

And keep those throwing weapons, they are always a great addition when your units have only 1 free space left. What I said above only holds when ranged weapons are not present. Ranged weapons will always have a higher priority than melee weapons until the enemy gets close. So your CKO sergeants will use them well. Especially with shields, when it's much harder to get hit. If trained well, and equipped with the best throwing weapons (Pilae, Hastae and Gaflaks), they'll be able to one-shot most enemies with suprisingly good accuracy. In sieges, enable them to fire only when they are on their way to the walls (almost stepped onto the ladder or the siege tower). Or when they hold positions right below the walls and the throwing angle is good enough.

Awesome! I'll switch to a 2h then. Thanks again for the advice! Any personal favorites? I've always liked the look of the ebony two-hander (not the bastard sword) but haven't studied the options in depth.

Kentai said:
Awesome! I'll switch to a 2h then. Thanks again for the advice! Any personal favorites? I've always liked the look of the ebony two-hander (not the bastard sword) but haven't studied the options in depth.
Yeah, the Ebony Flamberge (the one you talked about) is a very solid option. Probably the best choice for an all-around 2h sword. 52c swing + 36p thrust which is amazing, 105 speed which is awesome for a 2h sword, and 125 reach that is not too long and not too short either! :cool:

Gorvex said:
Kentai said:
Yeah, the Ebony Flamberge (the one you talked about) is a very solid option. Probably the best choice for an all-around 2h sword. 52c swing + 36p thrust which is amazing, 105 speed which is awesome for a 2h sword, and 125 reach that is not too long and not too short either! :cool:

Yeah that was it! Thanks again.

I know I'm on here like every day now. Sorry for bombarding you with questions. I do have another one though. I currently own one town, three castles and two villages. One of my castles is really far away from the rest of my fiefs. This outlying castle was my first fief and I immediately used a qualis gem to get my CKO going. I know I'm probably going to need to shut that CKO chapter down since I want to trade that castle for something closer to my other five fiefs and I don't want my enemies using my knights against me.

Just realized I'm rambling so I'll get to the point. My cluster of fiefs that are in close proximity to each other are Laria, Whitestag Castle, Whitestag's village (can't remember the name atm) Shieldstorm Keep and Troughbren. I can't decide whether it's better to swap my outlying castle for Valorshield (the only other conveniently located walled fief) or one of Laria's other villages. The plus side to Valorshield is another baggage train every two weeks but its motte-and-bailey design looks really hard to defend in a siege and I don't know if I want to pay to garrison it. A village seems like a better choice monetarily but if I trade my castle for a village am I going to lose the castles garrison since I can't transfer it to a village? If so I probably need to empty and transfer the troops to another fief, but then it'll be left undefended while I look for the owner of the fief I want to swap for. It's making my head spin lol. Thanks again for all of your help guys and sorry for the long post.

Kentai said:
My cluster of fiefs that are in close proximity to each other are Laria, Whitestag Castle, Whitestag's village (can't remember the name atm) Shieldstorm Keep and Troughbren. I can't decide whether it's better to swap my outlying castle for Valorshield (the only other conveniently located walled fief) or one of Laria's other villages. The plus side to Valorshield is another baggage train every two weeks but its motte-and-bailey design looks really hard to defend in a siege and I don't know if I want to pay to garrison it. A village seems like a better choice monetarily but if I trade my castle for a village am I going to lose the castles garrison since I can't transfer it to a village? If so I probably need to empty and transfer the troops to another fief, but then it'll be left undefended while I look for the owner of the fief I want to swap for. It's making my head spin lol. Thanks again for all of your help guys and sorry for the long post.
Trade your outlaying castle to Valorshield Castle. It's certainly a better deal imo to have another KO/CKO chapter at your disposal + a baggage train "shop" + noble troop generator than another village. Especially with all the fuss that it would take in this case: empty your garrison (as you would lose the garrison indeed when trading for a village), take the troops elsewhere and pray that it won't get besieged in the meantime until you find the owner of the target village...

As for defending it, don't worry about it much, simply put a bigger and stronger garrison in there than in one of your more defendable castles, and the AI will much more likely besiege that lower garrisoned fief. So this way, you can always lure enemy lords / marshall forces to certain fiefs for a siege. And then defending from a really good spot while being outnumbered 10:1 and still obliterating the enemy is just priceless! :twisted:

Gorvex said:
Kentai said:
My cluster of fiefs that are in close proximity to each other are Laria, Whitestag Castle, Whitestag's village (can't remember the name atm) Shieldstorm Keep and Troughbren. I can't decide whether it's better to swap my outlying castle for Valorshield (the only other conveniently located walled fief) or one of Laria's other villages. The plus side to Valorshield is another baggage train every two weeks but its motte-and-bailey design looks really hard to defend in a siege and I don't know if I want to pay to garrison it. A village seems like a better choice monetarily but if I trade my castle for a village am I going to lose the castles garrison since I can't transfer it to a village? If so I probably need to empty and transfer the troops to another fief, but then it'll be left undefended while I look for the owner of the fief I want to swap for. It's making my head spin lol. Thanks again for all of your help guys and sorry for the long post.
Trade your outlaying castle to Valorshield Castle. It's certainly a better deal imo to have another KO/CKO chapter at your disposal + a baggage train "shop" + noble troop generator than another village. Especially with all the fuss that it would take in this case: empty your garrison (as you would lose the garrison indeed when trading for a village), take the troops elsewhere and pray that it won't get besieged in the meantime until you find the owner of the target village...

As for defending it, don't worry about it much, simply put a bigger and stronger garrison in there than in one of your more defendable castles, and the AI will much more likely besiege that lower garrisoned fief. So this way, you can always lure enemy lords / marshall forces to certain fiefs for a siege. And then defending from a really good spot while being outnumbered 10:1 and still obliterating the enemy is just priceless! :twisted:

That's a good point. I hadn't thought about training more elites at the same time and it would be a lot less hassle than moving all those troops out myself. Thanks! :smile:

KarGreight Alkhanuni said:
Will this mod go to bannerlord,without horror things of course,?
It is planned to, but first Bannerlord has to be released (which is currently questioned if its air will even see this decade), so that the work on it can begin. And then add a year or two for PoP to be made from scratch on that new engine...

There wasn't any further news about this from Saxondragon ever since. So the actual fate of PoP for Bannerlord is quite obscure currently.

Also, I'm putting my reply for you here, as MitchyMatt eagerly closed the separate thread before I cold send my post :???:
KarGreight Alkhanuni said:
I thought some may post long message about this problem.
but there must be some way,Can anyone answer,i played many tournaments and have many money,i don't want to replay all those tournaments and i don't play as vassal in this time.
There isn't a fully working solution to restore a corrupted savegame (beside reverting to a previous backup save ofc). Many of us have been suffering from corrupted savegames in the past. You can only prevent them in the future by restraining yourself from saving anywhere beside scenes (as MitchyMatt said). And you need to play with unrealistic saving for that.

The closest thing you can do for a savegame "restoration" is using this savegame editor: https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,295270.0.html
Create a new savegame which will serve as a template, open it up with the editor (import), then import your corrupted savegame as well, convert everything to that new template and save your changes (export the save file).

BUT, even this way, all your quests will be reset, all of your past interactions will be reset (companions, lords and other NPC-s will great you like it's the first time you've met), your vassals will cease to exist (companions-lords will disappear from the game, normal vassal-lords may randomly get exiled), your kingdom will cease to exist (with error messages), event and game logs will freak out as well, achievements will be lost, and many more... It's not worth to convert a savegame this way, I've been trying to do that.

Basically the bigger your progress was, the more damage your conversion will suffer. Your savegame corruption will be fixed, but you'll lose too many progress as a cost. You'll soon get pissed off by the many things not working the way you left them (due to the many resets).

Just to be sure I understand this correctly:

Gorvex said:
P.S.: After defeating the first kingdom, the majority of upstanding and good-natured lords from there will join into your faction if you've taken them prisoner upon the last battle (presuming that you have at least 25 relation with them). And then, the snowball-effect may continue with the rest of kingdoms :razz:

Best way to recruit the lords you want into your kingdom is to have them as prisoners (+good relation) when you eliminate their kingdom?

Aure said:
Just to be sure I understand this correctly:

Gorvex said:
P.S.: After defeating the first kingdom, the majority of upstanding and good-natured lords from there will join into your faction if you've taken them prisoner upon the last battle (presuming that you have at least 25 relation with them). And then, the snowball-effect may continue with the rest of kingdoms :razz:

Best way to recruit the lords you want into your kingdom is to have them as prisoners (+good relation) when you eliminate their kingdom?
Yes, if you speak to them while they are your prisoners, the option to join you should pop up.

Any hints on how to get doom maces and/or battle hammers for myself and companions? The hammers show up in stores maybe once in 6 months, the maces not so far. It feels a bit silly I can equip CKO with loads but not myself...

ttl said:
Any hints on how to get doom maces and/or battle hammers for myself and companions? The hammers show up in stores maybe once in 6 months, the maces not so far. It feels a bit silly I can equip CKO with loads but not myself...

I think Three Seers patrols can drop doom maces. Probably best to hunt them with high looting and a small party so you maximize the chance of one or more dropping. I've been trying for a doom mace for 600 days with no luck.

Kentai said:
ttl said:

I think Three Seers patrols can drop doom maces. Probably best to hunt them with high looting and a small party so you maximize the chance of one or more dropping. I've been trying for a doom mace for 600 days with no luck.
As @Kentai said, your best bet to get doom maces are Three Seer patrols (from Doomguides). They cannot be found in shops since v3.9. As for Battle Hammers, it's Inquisition parties (from Inquisitors) and shops.

Gorvex said:
Kentai said:
ttl said:

As @Kentai said, your best bet to get doom maces are Three Seer patrols (from Doomguides). They cannot be found in shops since v3.9. As for Battle Hammers, it's Inquisition parties (from Inquisitors) and shops.

I wanted to update my previous comment. I pursued Three Seer patrols earlier with a part of <30 and on the second patrol I was able to get two Doom Maces to drop (one without modifiers and one with a negative modifier) so it does work. :smile:

No, you don´t. But you can order your troop roster so the hardest units are on top as those are the most likely to reinforce first and initially spawn - the top of the list.

Hello,

Are the parameters for lords and kings to organize feasts significantly reduced? Further more is the duration of how long they go on for also reduced?

I ask because,

1) when the kingdom i am vassal of (Fierdvain) has a feast i get the notification, and by the time i get the its over (i am not more than day ride away usually).

2) I have been engaged to a top ranking lord of the kingomd's daughter for more than 2 weeks and still no feast is being held.

3) lastly, the kingdom has actually been at peace for close to 30 days and not a single feast. I also find this rarity during times of war about the same, if perhaps slightly more often but always held by lords who only own castles and thus never get tournaments.

Thanks for your time.

I just started my own faction after revolting. I went into battle with one of my highest relation lords (relation was at 50) and defeated him and another lord he was with. I promptly took them both prisoner, thinking I could then talk to them and try to recruit, but there is no option to do this. Did I do something wrong? The other's relation to me is like 8.

Edit: Nevermind. I should've read the wiki on recruiting first. I think it's because my kingdom doesn't have enough land yet and his kingdom is the largest in Pendor. Guess it's companion lords for now.

Shadow_Ordo said:
Hello,

Are the parameters for lords and kings to organize feasts significantly reduced? Further more is the duration of how long they go on for also reduced?

I ask because,

1) when the kingdom i am vassal of (Fierdvain) has a feast i get the notification, and by the time i get the its over (i am not more than day ride away usually).

2) I have been engaged to a top ranking lord of the kingomd's daughter for more than 2 weeks and still no feast is being held.

3) lastly, the kingdom has actually been at peace for close to 30 days and not a single feast. I also find this rarity during times of war about the same, if perhaps slightly more often but always held by lords who only own castles and thus never get tournaments.

Thanks for your time.
These parts of the game hasn't been changed afaik. But are you the marshall by any chance? Because that can mess around with other lord's potential of hosting feasts. If so, pass the marshallship to someone else and see how feasts will go in the future. Other than that, I have no more ideas on the matter atm, sorry.

Kentai said:
I wanted to update my previous comment. I pursued Three Seer patrols earlier with a part of <30 and on the second patrol I was able to get two Doom Maces to drop (one without modifiers and one with a negative modifier) so it does work. :smile:
Thanks for the replies! The obvious follow-up is getting Three Seer Patrols to show up? I've seen the main spawn only once in the game so for (~500 days), in which case it decided to attack Marleons pretty much immediately and died (with a little help from me on the walls). So if the Seers spawn, I suppose I should hover about to farm the patrols, letting the army live. It seems the patrols can spawn independently as well, is it focused to around south of Marleons, as it seems?

By the way, it seems a bit odd that you get doom mace for your CKO from Eyegrim, not Seers. Not that is matters for this game, I got both unlocks already.

Finally, is there a reason the "buy knight order gear" option is limited to armor and excludes CKO? If you can get 100 knights with a piece, there should be no reason 10 companions with the same would be OP or anything. And the cost in money remains there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom