[LEGACY] Quick Questions // Quick Answers

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
TheAnyKey said:
Do I lose my stuff in the throne room chest, when I lose a town or castle?
You lose acces to your stuff if the owner will be another lord, but you don't lose the items stored in there. You'll just have to reconquer that fief for yourself.

Aure said:
How do you get lords to join your kingdom? Playing on 3.9

I remember on older versions of pendor you could recruit them after you take them prisoner but that option does not appear for me, even with lords i have a good relation with.
Afaik the personality of lords matters too.

Aure said:

I remember on older versions of pendor you could recruit them after you take them prisoner but that option does not appear for me, even with lords i have a good relation with.
You need positive relation with the captured lord (15+ I think). Sometimes you need more depending on the lord's personality.

Mighty! said:
Aure said:

You need positive relation with the captured lord (15+ I think). Sometimes you need more depending on the lord's personality.
My rule of thumb is to have +20 relations after capturing the given lord. If that's still not enough, then +100 won't be enough either, as upstanding and good-natured lords are overly loyal to their king, even when they are fiefless. Martial lords also need to spend some fiefless time before they would turn into the negatives with their king to consider joining you instead. The rest of the personalties (towards the worst ones) lose relations with their king more easily, so they are the most likely to join you right away.

Gorvex said:
Mighty! said:
Aure said:

My rule of thumb is to have +20 relations after capturing the given lord. If that's still not enough, then +100 won't be enough either, as upstanding and good-natured lords are overly loyal to their king, even when they are fiefless. Martial lords also need to spend some fiefless time before they would turn into the negatives with their king to consider joining you instead. The rest of the personalties (towards the worst ones) lose relations with their king more easily, so they are the most likely to join you right away.

That's a good rule-of-thumb to remember. Just so I understand correctly are you saying upstanding and good-natured regularly take upwards of 100 relation to join you? If true I guess I need to narrow my focus to a handful of them because that will take a while. Apart from lords appointed from companions how many other lords do you usually bring into your faction on a playthrough?

KarGreight Alkhanuni said:
what is best one-handed sword in the game,no longer than 120?

From my experience the ruby rune sword, if you're willing to invest 3 qualis gems to get it. I think there are swords out there that put out more damage, but the ruby rune sword's thrust AND swing have piercing damage, which doesn't suffer a penalty against heavily armored enemies (which are the vast majority of what you'll encounter in Pendor).

Kentai said:

From my experience the ruby rune sword, if you're willing to invest 3 qualis gems to get it. I think there are swords out there that put out more damage, but the ruby rune sword's thrust AND swing have piercing damage, which doesn't suffer a penalty against heavily armored enemies (which are the vast majority of what you'll encounter in Pendor).
And ebony swords?

Kentai said:

And ebony swords?

Ebony swords are good swords. Much easier to obtain too. They won't win out against the ruby rune sword in most cases though even if their swing has more damage because of the cutting damage on the swing. When you look at a weapon's damage stats look for the letter after the number: "c" = cutting, "p" = piercing, "b" = blunt. Cutting will work great on weaker enemies wearing less or no armor but only a fraction of that big number will get through higher-tiered, armored enemies. With the piercing damage on the ruby rune sword's swing you're getting (I think) the full damage on armored troops.

Kentai said:
That's a good rule-of-thumb to remember. Just so I understand correctly are you saying upstanding and good-natured regularly take upwards of 100 relation to join you? If true I guess I need to narrow my focus to a handful of them because that will take a while. Apart from lords appointed from companions how many other lords do you usually bring into your faction on a playthrough?
Taking a lord prisoner costs -5 relations. So you need +25 before fighting him to make it no less than +20 after taking him prisoner :wink:

And no, with upstanding and good-natured lords, I meant that even 100 relations is not enough at often times. Due to that these lords won't lose relations with their king even if they are fiefless. Therefore they will have high relations with their original king as long as their faction stands. Which means that these type of lords are most likely to join you when their original faction gets destroyed for good.

For fully completed playthroughs, I end up with 50-100 (100 = all lords from all kingdoms) vassals beside my companions. It all depends on my tenacity to grind feasts. If I don't feel like it, then I only go for upstanding, good-natured, martial (stable relations after 1 fief) and cunning lords (stable relations after 3 fiefs), as they won't make me have to hold feasts after feasts to repair relation losses of fief distribution. And ofc, I refuse everyone else who wants to be my vassal. This means bad-tempered, sadictic and pitiless personality types.

Kentai said:

And ebony swords?
You asked for the best swords, and those are the Rune Swords from the Mines of Al-Aziz. Each of them are the best in what they offer.

Alternatives that don't need Qualis Gems to invest and are no longer than 120:
- Strange Ebony Sabre (#1 imo)
- Ebony Long Sword (2nd best)
- Viper Saber (3rd best)
- Ebony Knight Sword
- Noldor Runesword
- Ebony Noble Sword
- Ebony Arming Sword

How ullro vetro gives bow,is it for worse bowman,or in time?
When Wolfbode the Slayer spawns on the map, and you get close enough to him, then you'll get the bow (Ullr'Vetr Manifest) automatically. It's a decent bow at the start for sure, but it's easily outperformed by Duskfall and the 3 Rune Bows that you can get later.

Gorvex said:
Kentai said:
Taking a lord prisoner costs -5 relations. So you need +25 before fighting him to make it no less than +20 after taking him prisoner :wink:

And no, with upstanding and good-natured lords, I meant that even 100 relations is not enough at often times. Due to that these lords won't lose relations with their king even if they are fiefless. Therefore they will have high relations with their original king as long as their faction stands. Which means that these type of lords are most likely to join you when their original faction gets destroyed for good.

For fully completed playthroughs, I end up with 50-100 (100 = all lords from all kingdoms) vassals beside my companions. It all depends on my tenacity to grind feasts. If I don't feel like it, then I only go for upstanding, good-natured, martial (stable relations after 1 fief) and cunning lords (stable relations after 3 fiefs), as they won't make me have to hold feasts after feasts to repair relation losses of fief distribution. And ofc, I refuse everyone else who wants to be my vassal. This means bad-tempered, sadictic and pitiless personality types.

So when you first start your own kindom, are you usually bringing in the more tumultuous lords because they'll join more easily to help you destroy other kingdoms or are your companion lords usually enough to take down your former kingdom and get those upstanding and good-natured lords you've built relation with?

Kentai said:
So when you first start your own kindom, are you usually bringing in the more tumultuous lords because they'll join more easily to help you destroy other kingdoms or are your companion lords usually enough to take down your former kingdom and get those upstanding and good-natured lords you've built relation with?
Yeah, martial and cunning lords are usually my first lords. Or the ones with bad personalities if I don't care about grinding feasts. They + your mercenary company are enough if you establish your kingdom with a strong start. Which for me means 500+ party size full with elite units, at least 5 walled fiefs, upgraded KO knights and chapters (3-5 times), 2000 elite troops in reserve, combat-ready CKO (don't need to be finished ofc), 500k+ cash, 300+ honor, 10k+ renown, positive relations with all minor factions that I don't want to be my enemies :!:, 50+ relations with honorable lords (automatic relation gain with your honor rating over time), wife or husband at my disposal, 20+ relations with many villages that I intend to recruit from, household inventory full with consumable food, drinks and commodities for feasts, Order Stronghold unlocked, etc. (there's probably more that I forgot about). I usually get to this point around day 400 when I'm playing casually.

I only promote those companions into vassals, that I don't intend to use in my party. Let it be due to self-restrictions, roleplaying, uninterest, whatever. My point is that your companions are better used as immortal soldiers, skill supporters and troop trainers in your party. You can get more than enough vassals from the default lords.

P.S.: After defeating the first kingdom, the majority of upstanding and good-natured lords from there will join into your faction if you've taken them prisoner upon the last battle (presuming that you have at least 25 relation with them). And then, the snowball-effect may continue with the rest of kingdoms :razz:

Gorvex said:
Kentai said:
Yeah, martial and cunning lords are usually my first lords. Or the ones with bad personalities if I don't care about grinding feasts. They + your mercenary company are enough if you establish your kingdom with a strong start. Which for me means 500+ party size full with elite units, at least 5 walled fiefs, upgraded KO knights and chapters (3-5 times), 2000 elite troops in reserve, combat-ready CKO (don't need to be finished ofc), 500k+ cash, 300+ honor, 10k+ renown, positive relations with all minor factions that I don't want to be my enemies :!:, 50+ relations with honorable lords (automatic relation gain with your honor rating over time), wife or husband at my disposal, 20+ relations with many villages that I intend to recruit from, household inventory full with consumable food, drinks and commodities for feasts, Order Stronghold unlocked, etc. (there's probably more that I forgot about). I usually get to this point around day 400 when I'm playing casually.

I only promote those companions into vassals, that I don't intend to use in my party. Let it be due to self-restrictions, roleplaying, uninterest, whatever. My point is that your companions are better used as immortal soldiers, skill supporters and troop trainers in your party. You can get more than enough vassals from the default lords.

Wow, the difference in experience really shows lol. I'm at day 400+ with around 2.3k renown, 60 honor, 200 troop size (mostly elite), two fiefs with 800+ troops each (mixed quality units), and CKO about 70% complete. I hadn't even taken into account village relations. Is time an issue overall? Like if it takes me too long to get ready to break off am I making it even harder on myself? I'm with Sarleon now and even without my assistance they've taken over about 70% of the map. If this keeps up I'm going to be a war with a massive faction when I do break off lol.

Kentai said:
Wow, the difference in experience really shows lol. I'm at day 400+ with around 2.3k renown, 60 honor, 200 troop size (mostly elite), two fiefs with 800+ troops each (mixed quality units), and CKO about 70% complete. I hadn't even taken into account village relations. Is time an issue overall? Like if it takes me too long to get ready to break off am I making it even harder on myself? I'm with Sarleon now and even without my assistance they've taken over about 70% of the map. If this keeps up I'm going to be a war with a massive faction when I do break off lol.
Take your time, there isn't a time limit in this game thankfully. But fighting against a single big faction upon declaring your own kingdom would be definitely hard. So if Sarleon is doing that well, then try sabotaging their campaigns to make the remaining factions gain their strength back. Like become a marshall and lead everyone away, while the enemy take some fiefs back. Although you won't be able to keep this up for long, as you'll quickly reach 100 controversy and then someone else will be elected to be the marshall. But if you are friendly with some Sarleon lords, then you can ask them to follow you even without the need to become marshall.

Alternatively, you could deplete the garrisons of your walled fiefs, join one of the weakest opposing factions instead, retake your former fiefs for your new friends without much challenge (due to missing garrison), and continue weakening Sarleon later. Just don't let any factions get destroyed.

Also, you should ideally rebel and establish your kingdom when your faction is at war with someone else. So that they will have their hands full with other wars going on, leaving you an easier job to strengthen your own kingdom in the meantime.

Gorvex said:
Kentai said:
Take your time, there isn't a time limit in this game thankfully. But fighting against a single big faction upon declaring your own kingdom would be definitely hard. So if Sarleon is doing that well, then try sabotaging their campaigns to make the remaining factions gain their strength back. Like become a marshall and lead everyone away, while the enemy take some fiefs back. Although you won't be able to keep this up for long, as you'll quickly reach 100 controversy and then someone else will be elected to be the marshall. But if you are friendly with some Sarleon lords, then you can ask them to follow you even without the need to become marshall.

Alternatively, you could deplete the garrisons of your walled fiefs, join one of the weakest opposing factions instead, retake your former fiefs for your new friends without much challenge (due to missing garrison), and continue weakening Sarleon later. Just don't let any factions get destroyed.

Also, you should ideally rebel and establish your kingdom when your faction is at war with someone else. So that they will have their hands full with other wars going on, leaving you an easier job to strengthen your own kingdom in the meantime.

Interesting approach. I guess I could try undermining Sarleon's efforts. Since I have a small troop size I guess I couldn't convert that many troops over after empty my fiefs and changing factions, but I'll keep that idea in my back pocket. Rebelling when they're at war won't be a problem since they've constantly been at war since I joined, usually with two and sometimes three other factions at once, yet they still freaking win lol.

EDIT: Since Sarleon is in many ways the Swadia of Pendor maybe I should take a page out of Butterlord Harlaus's book and have feast after feast while we're at war so Sarleon loses ground and I gain relation with all the lords. Double win.

Kentai said:
EDIT: Since Sarleon is in many ways the Swadia of Pendor maybe I should take a page out of Butterlord Harlaus's book and have feast after feast while we're at war so Sarleon loses ground and I gain relation with all the lords. Double win.
LOL, I haven't thought about it just yet, that's a good idea too! :lol:

Gorvex said:
Kentai said:
LOL, I haven't thought about it just yet, that's a good idea too! :lol:

lol yeah it was an "AHA!" moment for sure. Only problem is I'm not married yet so I can't throw feasts. The most politically beneficial maidens would have to have sausages wrapped around their necks to get the family dog to play with them. Wish I could change their face type in edit mode :/

The most politically beneficial maidens would have to have sausages wrapped around their necks to get the family dog to play with them. Wish I could change their face type in edit mode :/

Clearly your character is either not of noble background or was sick when they went through the definition and purpose of wife and of concubines.

Kentai said:
Wish I could change their face type in edit mode :/
I'm certain there is a way you can do this. Or perhaps that was only in previous versions. But I have definitely changed a rough-looking lady to use one of the "pretty" faces before, using a combination of edit mode, copy/pasting the face id, and Morgh's.

It's been a long time since I dabbled with the occult, or even played Warband, but hopefully others can shed more light on the subject.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom