[LEGACY] Quick Questions // Quick Answers

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will be making Leth a lord in my next playthrough. 

currently he has 1 in Leadership and 1 in training.

I expect him to gain one level during the time he is in my party.

Would it be better to invest 2 points skill that he will get from the level up into trainer or leadership?

Trainer 1 is enough for Leth as a lord to train some of his lower-level units here and there. He will get most of his troops through auto-renforcements anyways. Pump that 2 extra skill points into leadership, it's much more worth it in comparison.

How do I get the dialogue for recruiting a captured lord to my new kingdom? I've got 74 relation after capturing the lord and 2 town/1 castle vs Fierds 2 town/3 castle. There is only option such as ransom/release/think about offer.

mountnblade88 said:
How do I get the dialogue for recruiting a captured lord to my new kingdom? I've got 74 relation after capturing the lord and 2 town/1 castle vs Fierds 2 town/3 castle. There is only option such as ransom/release/think about offer.
Just to be sure, have some unassigned fiefs as a "motive" for future vassals. The good-natured and upstanding lords can often be so loyal to their original faction, that they just refuse to leave it as long as it stands. Even if they are fiefless, they won't lose relation with their king over time (that's partly why they are so good to have!). However martial lords and any other personality type will lose relations with their king over time once they were fiefless for a good amount of time. Therefore these are the lords that would most likely be willing to switch to your side upon a request. Other than that, a relation of +20 after the capture should be enough to trigger that extra dialogue option for lords who are ready to leave their kingdom.

Pacific_Salmon said:
I just got a Masterwork Noldor Bow!

Sounds awesome right?  Except, it has a 10 PD requirenment...
As you probably know, any bow with 9 or 10 PD requirement is not worth to use due to the accuracy penalty that applies when your own skill is not higher than the requirement by at least 2 points. 12 PD would be needed on your char to eliminate the accuracy penalty of that bow completely, which can't be done sadly. I can feel your pain/frustration, that's partly why I prefer to tweak my game to have 15 as the hard cap for Power Draw (among some other skills, just for fun).

But hey, at least it sells good! :iamamoron:

Merchants trying to rip you off... like in real life XD

I wish you coud get the Noldor equipment of the Lords without fighting them if your relations are high enough... i want to male the tournamet, but not grind 2x the relations

Pacific_Salmon said:
Yeah, it's worth 70k when I hover over it but most merchants wanna give me just 20k for it.  Bastards
Lucan said:
Merchants trying to rip you off... like in real life XD
Having 10(+4) Trade skill on your char is really worth it as you'll be able to sell everything at ~70% of their nominal value. Which is great!

Lucan said:
I wish you coud get the Noldor equipment of the Lords without fighting them if your relations are high enough... i want to male the tournamet, but not grind 2x the relations
You can get the basic unlocks (and the Noldor Noble Armor!) just by speaking to Calanon at relations 70+. As for getting the elite Noldor equipment from Aeldarian and Ithilrandir, you can make them spawn early on through rumors from the Baccus Empire and Sarleon (mostly from asking lords, kings and militia patrols). And just wait for either a marshall campaign (including sieges), a feast nearby with lots of lords, or at least two Jatu Armies to spawn in. Then lure one of the Noldor lords out of the forest into those armies and join the fight against the Noldor (in case of a feast, keep the Noldor lord there until it ends and all the lords inside would leave to intercept him -> gg). Rinse and repeat until you capture the desired lord(s).

Inquisition armies might work as well (at least 2), but they are further on the map, so luring up to them is harder. Getting positive relations with the faction of the target marshall army to use (most likely Sarleon and Empire) is also great to make their lords able to join you from the distance if you happen to initiate the fight. It helps you get the cowardly/weaker lords to join in as well if they are nearby, or just get the trespassers who wouldn't bother otherwise to be on your side.

This way, you won't miss out the potential to join Elacrai tournaments asap, while you ideally have all the unlocks needed at that point.

Luring unique spawns is more than I imagine initially, in more cases I fight a unique spawn when I seen as that is attacked by lords and joining them

I think bows have better range, with enough skills and a good bow, your arc is not to extreme so you can shoot further.

But does someone know if there is a way to lift a village raid without your troops beeing 60% farmer if the Lord doesnt run away from you?

I have a couple questions about the new update:

1. How do you obtain muskets within the game? And do any factions use them IE knight orders?

2. Are capped armors just hooded versions of some of the armors in-game?

Lucan said:
But does someone know if there is a way to lift a village raid without your troops beeing 60% farmer if the Lord doesnt run away from you?
There isn't any other way. Villagers will always join on the defender's side in village fight scenes.

SmileylFace said:
Yes, they are caped versions of the same body armors and the stats are completely the same. So capes are only about cosmetics if that's what you were asking.

Lucan said:
You can get Muskets in 3 ways.

1.Donavan carrys one.
2.Barcley Jannesary use them.
3,KO Stronghold vendor sells them.
A little extra info:
1. The bullets for the one that Donavan has can be found in the Valonbray chest (because bullets are not available as merchandise either)

3. It's Quartermaster Kailin that sells them to be precise

And there is an additional way:
4. You get a free Arquebus with two bags of bullets upon reaching 300 profs in firearms and talking to the officer knight of the KO that you joined (not your CKO!). This is also the way to unlock the weapon for your CKO btw.

Gorvex said:
Lucan said:
There isn't any other way. Villagers will always join on the defender's side in village fight scenes.

SmileylFace said:
Yes, they are caped versions of the same body armors and the stats are completely the same. So capes are only about cosmetics if that's what you were asking.

Lucan said:
You can get Muskets in 3 ways.

1.Donavan carrys one.
2.Barcley Jannesary use them.
3,KO Stronghold vendor sells them.
A little extra info:
1. The bullets for the one that Donavan has can be found in the Valonbray chest (because bullets are not available as merchandise either)

3. It's Quartermaster Kailin that sells them to be precise

And there is an additional way:
4. You get a free Arquebus with two bags of bullets upon reaching 300 profs in firearms and talking to the officer knight of the KO that you joined (not your CKO!). This is also the way to unlock the weapon for your CKO btw.

Ty for clarifying, thanks guys for the help! :grin:

Hi anyone,

im having trouble finding texture file used for the bow duskfall.

1. what is the name of the. dds file?
2. how can i know what texture file is used for a specific item?
3. is there a way to change the appearance of an item using morghs?

Ixzzhaeldir said:
Hi anyone,

im having trouble finding texture file used for the bow duskfall.

1. what is the name of the. dds file?
2. how can i know what texture file is used for a specific item?
3. is there a way to change the appearance of an item using morghs?

It's rangerbow.dds

Also ask your questions on The Forge: https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/board,64.0.html

We aren't a modding subforum. This is about PoP. There are plenty of guides and ways to change items in the mod and mods in general. Sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom