[LEGACY] Quick Questions // Quick Answers

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gorvex said:
Read the changelog of v3.9. Capture chances are now prerolled, so the outcome is determined in advance for your next unique spawn leader, in order to counter save-scumming.

#Edit: here it is if you still can't find it:
v3.9 changelog said:
1. Reloading game doesn't change outcomes of some events, e.g. asking travelers for treasure chests like the Red Brotherhood one, chance of capture the Qualis Gem heroes, rewards in Noldor tournament. If after few reloads result is the same, accept it and move on (as in some cases even "failure" may influence player's next move). Spend more time in the actual game, not in the load menu. Remember: defeat/failure doesn't always mean "the end" - it may be just the beginning of a tale, which you share with your grandchildren when the time comes :smile:

Sorry about that. I read the 3.9 changelog, but still missed that somehow. Thanks for the help.

hate to keep spamming this forum but ive run into another dilemma, I wanna make a chapter for the knights of the eventide but I cant because I already made sir allistar a lord and apparently he is needed. Is there anyway to get him back? I don't wanna use cheatmenu to spawn him in as then that spawns in every other companion in my party and might break the game. Any help would be greatly appreciated

nikklenikkle said:
hate to keep spamming this forum but ive run into another dilemma, I wanna make a chapter for the knights of the eventide but I cant because I already made sir allistar a lord and apparently he is needed. Is there anyway to get him back? I don't wanna use cheatmenu to spawn him in as then that spawns in every other companion in my party and might break the game. Any help would be greatly appreciated
You can't turn him back to be your companion once you've made him vassal. There is no proper cheat for that (cheats are untested for the most part and they often break your game), and even savegame editing with this tool will not let you do that without any errors as far as I know: https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,295270.msg7013318.html#msg7013318

nikklenikkle said:
sadly you screwed up as gorvex said. But hey look at the brightside, Sir Alistair will help you using those troops  :roll: :mrgreen:

Afaik that only happens when you reach -20 relations. Anything above will make the Eventides stay in Singal if you are the owner. But joining requires at least neutral (0) relations still.

Salzber said:
Are there any submods that remove the firearms?I would prefer to play without them.
Remove the Arquebus and bullets from the inventories of Barclay Janissaries, and replace them with a Siege Crossbow, Steel Bolts (1x) and Siege Bolts (1x) using Morgh's Editor. Also, drop the Arquebus that Donovan has once you've hired him, and just ignore the ones that occasionally appear in Quartermaster Kailin's stock or the initial bullets in the Valonbray chest. That's about it. Ez pz.

I though I might ask here instead of general warband tech thread in case someone else had this problem

I have i7 8700 + GTX 1080 + 16 Gb ram.

When I had cheap 60 Hz 1080p monitor I could play battles of 300+ with zero lag.

just upgraded to a 144 Hz 1440p G-sync monitor.  I set the refresh rate in the launcher to 143 Hz and and turned on both V-sync and G-sync

Now I get terrible lag in battles with as little as 100.

Does anyone know why this could be happening?

I use 144Hz monitor myself. Paired with strong CPU and GPU you don't need gsync or freesync at all as it is hard to see any tearing (at least I can't). Switch it off and definitely disable Vsync (which is poor version of mentioned technologies).
Your monitor may have setting to reduce input lag as well.

nikklenikkle said:

You can only get him back if he rejects your kingdome and than rejoins you again, e.g. when you kill the other kingdome. Or ofc you could raise him to like 100 relations than kick him out and try to make him rejoin. Although I have not tried this and also it may not work because when he's joined on the world map and joins you, you kinda lost.
Hope this helps.

Grats

IconracI said:
I use 144Hz monitor myself. Paired with strong CPU and GPU you don't need gsync or freesync at all as it is hard to see any tearing (at least I can't). Switch it off and definitely disable Vsync (which is poor version of mentioned technologies).
Your monitor may have setting to reduce input lag as well.

Thanks IconracI, I will do that.  The reason I have turned on V-sync is I heard that without it the GPU will generate 100s of frames and the old Warband engine has a hard time keeping up.

I will try as you say.

I am doing an infantry+archers run. How do I stop cavalry from charging right through my infantry line killing the archers? I have tried making heavy infantry stand closer x4 but they still go through. I also have tried pikemen but they still get overrun. The jatu seem to always go through somehow. I go 2/3 infantry and 1/3 missile units

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom