[LEGACY] Quick Questions // Quick Answers

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have two questions:

1) What's going with Ravenstern lords? This is day 450~, I've founded my own empire as well as my very own KO and stuff. Every other lords troops are 80~350 or sth, but Ravenstern's lords can hold up to 800 troops at 1 lord! (the king has like 900~1k troop at himself). Is this a bug or it is the way the game should be? (If its not a bug then it's an exciting challenge - I love 'em).

2) How to train my non-noble KO troops? Do they get trained along with the noble troops when I improve their quality? Or woot?

Thanks in advance!

grelo said:
I have two questions:

1) What's going with Ravenstern lords? This is day 450~, I've founded my own empire as well as my very own KO and stuff. Every other lords troops are 80~350 or sth, but Ravenstern's lords can hold up to 800 troops at 1 lord! (the king has like 900~1k troop at himself). Is this a bug or it is the way the game should be? (If its not a bug then it's an exciting challenge - I love 'em).

2) How to train my non-noble KO troops? Do they get trained along with the noble troops when I improve their quality? Or woot?

Thanks in advance!

1) they probably defeated a large misty mountain army with large amounts of prisioners and recluited them all, but they will bleed out numbers with te as no lord can sustain a 900 man army at day 450 as far as i know.

2) they dont unless they are your custom ko and you send a companion to train them.

Can anyone confirm if player's hireable mercenary companies can spawn on their own?

For example, snowlion company can be hired by the player or Ulric, but can it spawn alone?

For sure unique spawns like Syla Uzas may spawn on his own or in his case, hired by Ulric or Kadan. Same goes for generic spawns like Conquistadores de Aventura, that may spawn on its own or as a merc company for some monarchs. That said, does anyone know the answer to the first question? I never saw player hireable companies like Snowlion Company, 1st Banneret of Marleons or Sir Timothy on their own tbh, so idk.

Egaldor said:
grelo said:
I have two questions:

Thanks in advance!

1) they probably defeated a large misty mountain army with large amounts of prisioners and recluited them all, but they will bleed out numbers with te as no lord can sustain a 900 man army at day 450 as far as i know.

2) they dont unless they are your custom ko and you send a companion to train them.

To the second half of question 2) No, if you choose to improve the knighthood orders quality, the sergeants do not reap the benefits.

I am not sure if this was intended or is a bug.

I have just become king and noticed that I take -10 relation loss to whichever faction (all factions) that I am fighting against whenever I start a battle.
Same thing happens if I choose to join a battle that is already taking place.
This never happened to me while I was a vassal.

Anyone got clues? I personally dont like this additional loss.

I've been looking for some time but I haven't been able to find out anything related to this:

How long does it take for a minor faction to recover from a crushed state, and how if at all possible can you "help" them do so?

For the purpose of "farming" qualis gems and rare equipment, how can you keep destroying unique spawns without their minor factions being destroyed/obliterated?

I'm trying to farm both qualis gems and unique equipment such as demon chargers, but I don't see the minor factions recovering after several months ingame (they don't advance from crushed or healthy status and if I spawn them with rumors and kill them I fear they'll downgrade in status even more) and I don't want to destroy them before even making my own kingdom. Any tips are appreciated.

Yber said:
I've been looking for some time but I haven't been able to find out anything related to this:

How long does it take for a minor faction to recover from a crushed state, and how if at all possible can you "help" them do so?

For the purpose of "farming" qualis gems and rare equipment, how can you keep destroying unique spawns without their minor factions being destroyed/obliterated?

IIRC, asking for rumors. A couple of them will force the spawn of a warband/army and therefore, they'll recover from that destroyed/obliterated status, if you leave that spawn to live, they'll slowly will keep on recovering. However, in 3.8.4, only Heretics and Mystmountains had those rumors, but konrad made rumors for that same purpose for Jatu and Snake Cult for 3.9

13kimg said:
I am not sure if this was intended or is a bug.

I have just become king and noticed that I take -10 relation loss to whichever faction (all factions) that I am fighting against whenever I start a battle.
Same thing happens if I choose to join a battle that is already taking place.
This never happened to me while I was a vassal.

Anyone got clues? I personally dont like this additional loss.
That's intentional. As a king/queen, you take responsibility for your actions as a whole faction. Therefore, your actions are more severe and should have a bigger impact on diplomacy (=relations). As a vassal, you can partly act on your own, but certainly not on the behalf of the whole kingdom you joined. I hope that this explains it for you :wink:

Can the black iron lance paired with a shield on horse support me throughout the game? With the addition of the overhead thrust, can it be used effectively on foot without a shield? Moreover, how well do CKHO troops handle thrusting spears while mounted?

PtahWithin said:
Can the black iron lance paired with a shield on horse support me throughout the game? With the addition of the overhead thrust, can it be used effectively on foot without a shield? Moreover, how well do CKHO troops handle thrusting spears while mounted?

While I haven't tested myself, I assume CKHO properly upgraded will perform just about as well as serpent priestess from the snake cult, which is not very good. Generally speaking the longer the spear/polearm the worse it does in close combat.

Generally the optimal weapon in Pendor (from my experience) is the bow and arrow combo. There are many good bows (not just the one you get when Wolfonde spawns) that can 1shot mid tier units and 2shot tier units while on horseback and without that much proficiency or maxed out power draw (Darkwood, Hawkeye, noldor composite bow).
My personal choice for melee weapons is the runed bastard sword, although in the current version I feel like it's even harder to get than before and they're not for sale in towns (I haven't seen them). The best bet to get them is to fight heretics as Heretic Magnus usually use them.

Also thanks for the answers to my questions :smile:

Forgive me if this has already been asked but Google search did nothing to answer this. What happens if the player is granted the Ullr-Vetr bow when his inventory is full? Where does it go then?

I think it's just lost. Same as if you demand a Qualis Gem from a spawn or receive a tournament reward when your inventory is full.

Separate question: Does anyone know how to disable renown decay? There's also some way to increase the # of troops per renown, right?

I'm upgrading my PC and I want to play PoP with 2x more units on the field for both sides. I may have to tweak wages or something to compensate.

1. Does raising your relation with other factions have any benefits as a king? I know that positive/neutral relations with minor factions make it where the minor factions won't attack your peasants, caravans, etc (please correct me if I am wrong) but does raising your relations with other factions make them less likely to start a war against you or have some kind of other benifit?

2. Can you end a war by raising your relation to neutral or positive? For example, if you are at war with sarleon -40 relation but you go around freeing their prisoner lords, helping them in battles(against heretics, etc), and rescuing/releasing ladies in waiting until you are at 0 relation or higher. What will happen?

dantw said:
1. Does raising your relation with other factions have any benefits as a king? I know that positive/neutral relations with minor factions make it where the minor factions won't attack your peasants, caravans, etc (please correct me if I am wrong) but does raising your relations with other factions make them less likely to start a war against you or have some kind of other benifit?

2. Can you end a war by raising your relation to neutral or positive? For example, if you are at war with sarleon -40 relation but you go around freeing their prisoner lords, helping them in battles(against heretics, etc), and rescuing/releasing ladies in waiting until you are at 0 relation or higher. What will happen?

1. Its good to be positive, but being 40 or 5 makes no difference as they'll support you anyways. AI will declare war and peace on its own from time to time. To me it seems that AI tries to maintain some kind of balance, I newer saw one kingdom to conquer another on its own, not even cripple it.

2. If its your kingdom, sure, even the message of you not being anymore at war with them should pop up when your reach or go over 0.

I have used the instructions found in this thread to remove renown decay. I haven't done it in the current build but it will likely still work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom